Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:50 am

Tosin Adarabioyo is on a free this summer. Is it worth getting him back as cover? Havent kept up to date on how he’s doing but he’s linked with Spurs, Liverpool and Milan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:47 pm

I think we could do with full backs on both flanks who can go forward with purpose. Reece James would be a brilliant addition but obviously his injury record would be a concern.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:50 pm

blues2win wrote:I think we could do with full backs on both flanks who can go forward with purpose. Reece James would be a brilliant addition but obviously his injury record would be a concern.

I’d love Reece James but he’s injured more than Stones. This kid we already have that we’ve loaned to Girona looks more likely.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:35 pm

We need a clear out

Nunes can go
Walker can go
KDB should go
And I’d sell Haaland , yep , sell him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tru_Blu » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:16 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We need a clear out

Nunes can go
Walker can go
KDB should go

You have covid I will excuse you
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Scatman » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:51 pm

Nunes can go
Walker can go
KDB should go

I don't think you would, I think you are too intelligent. If you're selling KDB (and I wouldn't be too disappointed if we got petrodollars for him) then a bit of a rethink on playing style could be had at the same time. Haaland has potential and I would not like to see him realise it elsewhere. We could have a go at adopting a style that plays to his strengths and perhaps get a few players that fit into the system.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:30 pm

Scatman wrote:

Nunes can go
Walker can go
KDB should go

I don't think you would, I think you are too intelligent. If you're selling KDB (and I wouldn't be too disappointed if we got petrodollars for him) then a bit of a rethink on playing style could be had at the same time. Haaland has potential and I would not like to see him realise it elsewhere. We could have a go at adopting a style that plays to his strengths and perhaps get a few players that fit into the system.

Nunes just is not a city player , never was and never will be.
Walker is on his last legs and from a business point of view we should sell him this summer , same applies with KDB (some fans need to get off the sentimental tree and think with their heads , hes not far away from being well past it IMO )

Unless we do exactly what you suggest we do then I do not think its 'madness; to sell him this summer at all...we will make a huge profit on him and invest it elsewhere.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Nunes can go
Walker can go
KDB should go

Nunes just is not a city player , never was and never will be.
Walker is on his last legs and from a business point of view we should sell him this summer , same applies with KDB (some fans need to get off the sentimental tree and think with their heads , hes not far away from being well past it IMO )

Unless we do exactly what you suggest we do then I do not think its 'madness; to sell him this summer at all...we will make a huge profit on him and invest it elsewhere.

I totally agree. We'd triple out money. But he's allegedly the best there is and I doubt any manager would give up on him just yet.
Scatman

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:34 pm

Scatman wrote:

Nunes can go
Walker can go
KDB should go

“Haaland has potential” !!!!! ????
He bagged more PL goals in a single season than anyon before him……in his first season and he’s top scorer in his second. Sorry, I have no axe to grind with anyone, but that is a ridiculous comment and you’re not the only on saying it !!!
Sheesh…..what does the guy have to do ???
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:43 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Nunes can go
Walker can go
KDB should go

“Haaland has potential” !!!!! ????
He bagged more PL goals in a single season than anyon before him……in his first season and he’s top scorer in his second. Sorry, I have no axe to grind with anyone, but that is a ridiculous comment and you’re not the only on saying it !!!
Sheesh…..what does the guy have to do ???

Absolutely. Came 2nd in the Ballon D'or as well to a Messi sympathy vote.
There's not a team in the world that wouldn't want him.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Scatman » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:54 pm

He's 23. Of course he has potential. Just because he is as good as he is and has achieved what he has it doesn't mean he cannot be improved, or that the team with him in can't be tweaked to get better results. Hopefully you see that.
Scatman

Postby sniffer » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:05 pm

Rumours Grealish could go in the summer. I can live in hope for a 100 million player he has been absolutely crap. We would be lucky to get 70 for him now but take it and get a proper quick wide player prob for the right as we have Bobb and Doku on the left. Bernardo will prob be off and Foden should take Kevs roll. Also move on one CB do we need 5 surely not and got a proper left back.
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:28 pm

Scatman wrote:He's 23. Of course he has potential. Just because he is as good as he is and has achieved what he has it doesn't mean he cannot be improved, or that the team with him in can't be tweaked to get better results. Hopefully you see that.

Well, now you’ve stipulated what the potential is it makes sense. Every player on the planet has potential to improve, but he’ll do well to improve on what he did last season. I personally think Bobb has huge potential to become a World star, hopefully with us. From what I’ve seen so far of him we have a beaut on our hands.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:57 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Scatman wrote:He's 23. Of course he has potential. Just because he is as good as he is and has achieved what he has it doesn't mean he cannot be improved, or that the team with him in can't be tweaked to get better results. Hopefully you see that.

Well, now you’ve stipulated what the potential is it makes sense. Every player on the planet has potential to improve, but he’ll do well to improve on what he did last season. .

If Haaland was the same player as last season then some pundits and lots of us City fans wouldn't be giving him a hard time this season would we !

Hes getting it in the ear because hes become a lazy bastard and if its not down to him being lazy then its a attitude thing with him, a cocky ' give me the ball or I'm not looking for it " attitude , at least that's how it looks - how can you not see that he doesn't put the effort in when hes not in the penalty area ? how many times does he track back and retrieve the ball like he did last year ? where is the hunger he had last year ?

He is the best paid player at City and probably the premier league as well so I for one EXPECT the guy to put a shift in in EVERY game he plays and I wont forgive him for missing goals in key games like Arsenal at the far post and then a shit header that should have gone in or at worst hit the target- hes fucking paid to win us games.

We need to win every single game as we are literally 4 points behind Liverpool ( their goal difference is worth a point ) to stand any chance.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:

Well, now you’ve stipulated what the potential is it makes sense. Every player on the planet has potential to improve, but he’ll do well to improve on what he did last season. .

If Haaland was the same player as last season then some pundits and lots of us City fans wouldn't be giving him a hard time this season would we !

Hes getting it in the ear because hes become a lazy bastard and if its not down to him being lazy then its a attitude thing with him, a cocky ' give me the ball or I'm not looking for it " attitude , at least that's how it looks - how can you not see that he doesn't put the effort in when hes not in the penalty area ? how many times does he track back and retrieve the ball like he did last year ? where is the hunger he had last year ?

He is the best paid player at City and probably the premier league as well so I for one EXPECT the guy to put a shift in in EVERY game he plays and I wont forgive him for missing goals in key games like Arsenal at the far post and then a shit header that should have gone in or at worst hit the target- hes fucking paid to win us games.

We need to win every single game as we are literally 4 points behind Liverpool ( their goal difference is worth a point ) to stand any chance.

I largely agree with that, but I would add that what you say applies to all our players given that most of them earn in a week what I earn in a decade. I think Haaland is suffering from being snubbed in the Ballon D’Or for the nostalgia vote for Messi a disgusting anti football miscarriage of justice…he should have walked it. Dropped to the bench tonight, he certainly needs to up his game for the remainder otherwise I fear he’ll be warming the bench rather more than he would anticipate.
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 am

Portugal forward Joao Felix says international team-mate and Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva, 29, wants to move to Barcelona. (Gerard Romero)

Sam Lee said a few weeks ago that Gundo regrets going to Barca and wishes he’d stayed at City. Bernardo’s Mrs wants to go Barcelona and he’ll end up there.

£50m in full - not in £5m here and there. They probably still haven’t paid the Ferran fee in full yet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:55 am

Sam Lee…. Pmsl

He has a hotline to Bernardo’s missus, does he? Fucking hell. Sam, you’re a rag twat so fuck off with your made up shyiiiiiiite.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:10 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Sam Lee…. Pmsl

He has a hotline to Bernardo’s missus, does he? Fucking hell. Sam, you’re a rag twat so fuck off with your made up shyiiiiiiite.

Doesn’t need one. Bernardo’s Mrs has been vocal about wanting to move.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:10 pm

Mase wrote:

Where was that, mate?

I have seen film of Bernardo himself saying his plan is to go back to Benfica.

Sam fucking Lee, Jesus wept.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:35 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Where was that, mate?

I have seen film of Bernardo himself saying his plan is to go back to Benfica.

Sam fucking Lee, Jesus wept.

Bloody hell mate. If you don’t think Bernardo’s Mrs has been the one forcing him to move there’s something wrong :lol:

Sam Lee hasn’t said anything about Bernardo or his Mrs though..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum