Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
dazby wrote:In other words, "I'm on good coin, I like good coin, I'm staying on good coin."

That's an interesting way of phrasing this issue Dazzer.

Is it an expression widely in use in Australia, or is it just something pertinent to yourself ??

Sounds like a quote from his interview with Clattenburg.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:57 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
dazby wrote:In other words, "I'm on good coin, I like good coin, I'm staying on good coin."

Is it an expression widely in use in Australia, or is it just something pertinent to yourself ??

Sounds like a quote from his interview with Clattenburg.

Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby phips » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
patrickblue wrote:None of you fancy Bony then?

I said this before but two years ago every team would be creaming themselves to pay 50m for him in todays market from Swansea. Ok it hasnt worked out for him and he is not for us but he can certainly do a good job for anyone outside top 4. If dippers can still get 27m back on Benteke after he flops, we should be able to get a decent chunk for Bony.

if we manage to sell him i can't see us getting even half of 27m for him.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:33 pm

phips wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
patrickblue wrote:None of you fancy Bony then?

I said this before but two years ago every team would be creaming themselves to pay 50m for him in todays market from Swansea. Ok it hasnt worked out for him and he is not for us but he can certainly do a good job for anyone outside top 4. If dippers can still get 27m back on Benteke after he flops, we should be able to get a decent chunk for Bony.

if we manage to sell him i can't see us getting even half of 27m for him.

Probably.

But we are mugs so it doesnt surprise me.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:00 pm

I know it looks like we dont know what we're doing with our transfers when we try to sell someone BUT the wages we pay (which seems to be reason we have to take a hit to transfer fees) are a defence against our rivals (mainly in Europe) stealing our best prospects and players - and it has basically worked. Just ask Milner.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:20 pm

We've arrived:

Liverpool target says Man City would be his preference as he wants to play for a 'very big club'
Manchester City have expressed no interest in Red Bull Leipzig star Naby Keita but he knows where he wants to go

BY STUART BRENNAN

Liverpool target Naby Keita has said he is aiming to play “for one of the very big clubs” … like Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester City .

The Merseyside club have the Red Bull Leipzig midfielder in their sights in a potential £50million deal, after he made a big impact in the Bundesliga last season.

Liverpool have been told that they have no chance of signing Keita this summer, with the German club keen to take another crack at Bayern Munich next season.

But there is a clause in his contract which would allow him to go for the asking price next year.

The 22-year-old Guinea international has indicated that he has his sights set on the top, saying: “I love Leipzig, and I will never forget this city.

“I hope, however, that I have the level in two, three years and could play for one of the very big clubs.

“This includes Barcelona, but it also includes Real Madrid or Manchester City.”
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Looks like Nacho can't go anywhere where just yet due a dispute over his image rights which is due to be heard in a US court.

Couple of US lawyers hoodwinked him into signing over 100% of image rights etc but one of the lawyers was suspended/struck off for dealings with some 16 yr old girls and nacho is trying have the contract dissolved having been misled.

Until that is sorted he cannot sign for anyone else allegedly

http://www.claretandhugh.info/legal-dis ... acho-deal/
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Image rights seem to crop up everywhere. All the trouble with the tax in Spain stems from this. It seems to hold up transfers and possibly even abort them.

Just what the fuck are they?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:04 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Looks like Nacho can't go anywhere where just yet due a dispute over his image rights which is due to be heard in a US court.

Couple of US lawyers hoodwinked him into signing over 100% of image rights etc but one of the lawyers was suspended/struck off for dealings with some 16 yr old girls and nacho is trying have the contract dissolved having been misled.

wtf?? crazy story.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Looks like Nacho can't go anywhere where just yet due a dispute over his image rights which is due to be heard in a US court.

wtf?? crazy story.

wonder if they contacted him by email and asked for his bank details in return for a share in a fortune?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:57 pm

ffs i can't even!!!

BONY VOWS TO SHOW HE CAN 'DO MORE' AT MAN CITY

After an unhappy loan spell at Stoke City, the Ivory Coast international has spoken of his desire to fight for his future at the Etihad

Wilfried Bony is determined to prove his worth to Pep Guardiola at Manchester City, but concedes his future at the Etihad Stadium is out of his hands.
The Ivory Coast striker joined City in a deal reported to be worth £28 million from Swansea City in January 2015.

However, Bony struggled to assert himself in the starting XI in Manchester and scored just six Premier League goals for the club before being shipped out on loan to Stoke City last term.

It proved an unhappy spell for the 28-year-old, though, and he scored just twice in 10 league outings for the Potters.
With Gabriel Jesus having arrived in January and Alexis Sanchez an apparent target, it appears unlikely that City boss Guardiola will include him in his plans, but Bony is focused on knuckling down and proving his worth.
"I love the club, the fans. I want to show that Wilfried Bony is still the same player. I've been through a difficult time," he told Sky Sports.

"Leading the goalscoring two years ago, it's still me, nothing has changed, just a difficult time. I just want to show them I can do more than that so I just need to get myself ready.

"Manchester City have to decide how many players [they want].

"I'm a Manchester City player. I'm just getting myself ready for the pre-season on July 10.

"It didn't work the way we wanted [at Stoke] but I thank the coach, the fans, because we really enjoyed the time there. I'm looking forward now, that's the past for me. I wish them well next season."
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 pm

phips wrote:rumor that Napoli are trying to sign Geronimo.
we'd exercise our buyback and then sell to Napoli/loan with obligation to buy.

Wasn't he at Little Big Horn?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:

June 25th 1876....but, just to be boringly pedantic, it was Sitting Bull.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I knew that, but Geronimo wasn't in any really well known battles.
The Battle of White Hill just doesn't have the same ring to it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:14 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Sioux or Apache ? Bet he scalped a few full backs aswell ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:Bony !!! Now that is one useless cunt and one fucking terrible signing ever in the history of football ever ever

SHITE !!!

You're certainly in an uncompromisingly forthright frame of mind this morning No.64.

I like it :P :P :P

Just back from a holiday MC :P cant wait for the season to get underway tbh
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:46 pm

City64 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:Bony !!! Now that is one useless cunt and one fucking terrible signing ever in the history of football ever ever

SHITE !!!

You're certainly in an uncompromisingly forthright frame of mind this morning No.64.

I like it :P :P :P

Just back from a holiday MC :P cant wait for the season to get underway tbh

Nor can I.

Hope you had a good time on your holiday.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:49 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Triple apologies PB; I should have known better.

I'm a pilchard for rattling off a knee-jerk post like that without thinking first.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:55 pm

interesting read from Sam Lee the City reporter for Goal in the other place, responding to his critics -

'Afternoon all.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is where I first gave an explanation of City’s complex transfer dealings, and how there are five priority targets, plus others who will be bought depending on several different factors.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... move-could

It was a couple of days later - on June 5 - when I first thought the easiest way to explain it would be to say there are two ‘lists’. Here’s the Facebook post. As you can see, it does not say ‘edited’ at the top, so it's been untouched for three weeks.

Sam Lee
about 3 weeks ago
Quick thoughts on the strong Van Dijk to Liverpool rumours.
As I wrote last week, City's transfer business is basically split into two lists.
The first list is Silva and Ederson (done), then Walker, Mendy and Alexis. City have identified these as key positions and have worked hard on these players for months.
The second list is made up of various positions and players and is far less clear cut than the first list.
Van Dijk was on the second list. If City decide to sign a centre-back (and as far as I know they might decide not to sign one this summer) then Van Dijk would be/would've been the first choice. If he goes to Liverpool, I believe they have two back-up options (if they choose to sign a centre-back).
Everything and every position on this second list can change, and is not set in stone. Kylian Mbappe is on this list - if he becomes available and City can sign him, they will, but Real Madrid and many other clubs want him. If they can't sign him, they may be more keen to sign a centre-back, or maybe a central midfielder.
I wrote about this situation on Friday but this a little reminder about how City's business is laid out this summer. I'm not one to protect the club if they make a mistake, so I can honestly say if Van Dijk goes to Liverpool it is not a huge blow to City's plans, even though he is a very good player.
If City do not sign Walker or Mendy that would be a much bigger blow, because they have been working on those deals for months and they are 100% priority targets. They do have back-ups but these are the main guys. We may have to wait until after the internationals for more updates on those two. Tottenham and Monaco are playing hardball, but City remain confident.

Since then I have continued saying City effectively have two lists. I don’t know if there are physically two lists pinned to Txiki’s notice board, but it is the best way I could think of to explain how their business is laid out this summer (according to my information, anyway).

In any case, I have no idea which media this information has been “plastered all over”. There are many good accounts of City’s transfer targets and plans this summer (either from journalists or people on here or Twitter), and some of them will be right and I will be wrong, or we will all be right, or all be wrong. People will beat me to City’s specific targets - regularly - but I don’t recall anybody talking about two lists, or City wanting four full-backs on the day it was claimed Bertrand was an alternative to Mendy.

Now after all that I must say it’s not the accusation of being a fraud that bothers me. It’s the reasoning behind it.

The relevant people know who they are and I wanted to come on here and put across the other side, so everybody knows what they need to.

For those few people who insist I am a blagger, you would have to ask yourself why I’ve not ripped off rumours about Carvalho, Bonucci, Laporte, Semedo, Grimaldo, Fabinho, Aurier, Bellerin, Rulli, Martinez etc etc etc. In fact, I have been confident in saying ALL of those players, and others, will not be signed - a very risky move, but I trust my sources.

I may turn out to be wrong, but they will be honest mistakes. I believe I was doing well enough in terms of popularity among City fans without writing too much about transfers, so I would not stake the following I have earned by guessing at transfer rumours which could blow up in my face within days. I write for one fan base, it makes no sense to alienate you. And as most of you know who I support, I don't need to be giving you any excuses.

Since I started this job in October 2015 I wanted to be open with people, because I realised that many fans felt they could not have conversations with journalists. This is why I reply to sensible tweets (and some mad ones) and pretty much all DMs, even when most of them are asking for updates on Mendy or Alexis. I also do unmoderated Facebook lives, and genuinely enjoy them.

I have talked extensively about how I obtain the bulk of my information on many occasions, including on lengthy 9320 Podcasts. It’s all there for public consumption.

I also vowed not to look on this very forum, not because I don't value the opinions or information that's on here, but because if the day came that I would ever be accused of taking stories from here, I could honestly say I don’t use it. Today is that day! Since my run-in with Stan Collymore at Villa Park (when I was told to check out BM by a colleague) until about two or three weeks ago, I did not pay a single visit. Recently people have been DMing me on Twitter trying to confirm transfer hints that they have seen on here, and there have also been other posts that have been brought to my attention, which I now want to confront.

I appreciate this may come across as unseemly, and I’ve been told most of you guys appreciate my efforts, so firstly apologies for this post but also thank you.

As many of you know, I sometimes say more than I should, and I probably should have let this lie but I wanted to get it off my chest. If you don't believe my stories that's fine, but do it for the right reasons.

If anybody has any issues with this post, or me, you know where you can find me on Twitter and Facebook, as I don't think I'll post too many times on here again - but you never know!

Cheers
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Nod nod nod nod nod nod
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum