Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:48 pm

phips wrote:Linked with Pepe after his deal with RM is set to expire.

dont like the guy but might not be a bad backup, especially coming over for free.

We're trying to make the squad younger, not geriatric.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby phips » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:37 am

Dameerto wrote:

dont like the guy but might not be a bad backup, especially coming over for free.

too true. but there is a problem with being too young. having some experienced players helps a lot.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 am

phips wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

too true. but there is a problem with being too young. having some experienced players helps a lot.

The repeated statement of the obvious has occasionally something to recommend it, but shouldn't be overdone.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Antoine Griezmann targeted by United, City, Chelsea, Barca, Real - advisor

Antoine Griezmann's advisor has told RMC that Premier League trio Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City as well as La Liga giants Barcelona and Real Madrid have made enquiries regarding the Atletico Madrid striker's future.

Sources told ESPN FC in February that Griezmann is a No. 1 target for United this summer, and speculation continues over the France international's future.

Eric Olhats, who first spotted Griezmann's talent and took him to Real Sociedad as a youngster, said no deal has been done with any club. However, he added that the pair are considering what the next move in Griezmann's career should be with the number of potential suitors limited for a player of his calibre.

"There are not 50,000 clubs that can put 100 million on the table, it's quickly figured out. That's the price of the clause, they won't give anything away cheaply. That limits the number of candidates right now," Olhats said.

"I had heard that Manchester United was done, was signed, but we don't even know if they'll play in the Champions League! That's important, I must say. Manchester United have made an approach to inform themselves, just like all the others. They come to find out what our thinking is, what the player's thinking is, if there are possibilities, how much, how...But it seems logical.

"Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and even Real have knocked on the door to see where things are, everyone comes to see what is do-able, and what is not do-able, that's normal. It's a game of musical chairs."

Olhats added that Paris Saint-Germain had not made "any concrete approaches unlike there were last year" for Griezmann, while the "non-aggression pact" between Atletico and Real meant an intra-Madrid move was "impossible."

In an interview on RMC in February, Griezmann had suggested that although he liked the "intensity" of the Premier League, a switch to England was unlikely.

"In England, there are a lot of doubts in terms of my private life," the 26-year-old said. "The rain, bad weather...I need to be happy off the pitch."

Olhats said: "We were criticised a bit over the fact that to be a player at the very highest level, you have to be able to go and play in the rain. Of course you do.

"But it's true Antoine functions in terms of affection and what happens off the pitch. And here, all the conditions are in place. Everything. The place where he lives, friends, the sun..."

That would appear to restrict Griezmann's potential moves with Olhats hinting that although the pair are considering the future, his client could stay put with his Atleti contract running until 2021.

"Of course we're thinking about things because people are knocking on the door," he said. "Everything that is put on the table right now, we're thinking about it. I often hear that he needs a team that plays, where he defends less. Except that each year, Atletico Madrid are there or thereabouts. They have reached two Champions League finals, they won the league.

"It's in terms of an evolution that we can ask ourselves questions. On the long-term return personally. Would it be a good thing to go and see something else? We're thinking about it. It's true they have a rather special way of playing, he has to do a lot of defensive work. Everyone wants to see him in a so-called 'team that plays' because that would be supposedly a lot better for him.

"But I'm going to be a little bit brutal about it: the question is not to know whether we're bored s---less watching him, but whether he is bored s---less? Is he in a set-up that suits him, even if it may be surprising?"

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3097945/anto ... id-advisor
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Mark Lawwell, one of our chief scouts was last night in Bucharest at "a local derby". Have to wonder where the fuck is Pep sending our scouts and who are the players we are actually after.

http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusi ... 07051.html
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 pm

guess he'll be a good addition to the EDS. or a good player for, where is it?, Granada?

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Six feet four at seventeen years old, jeeze. He'd be worth signing just for his name. I'd want to call him Axel Zed.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Six feet four at seventeen years old, jeeze. He'd be worth signing just for his name. I'd want to call him Axel Zed.

We're on the look out for a CB called Macarena to partner him.
If Carlsberg did Centre back partnerships........

The ground would be rocking.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

We're on the look out for a CB called Macarena to partner him.
If Carlsberg did Centre back partnerships........

The ground would be rocking.

Or if we signed a lad called Mambo who wore the shirt number five
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Would you give another year with Willy and focus on buying wingbacks and defenders or a gk is a must this summer?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:06 pm

PeterParker wrote:Would you give another year with Willy and focus on buying wingbacks and defenders or a gk is a must this summer?

A goalkeeper can wait, as far as I'm concerned PP. Willy would suffice as our No 1.

It might be argued that we could use no less than four new wingbacks as, with the kind of mileage Pep would require them to clock up in a game, they'd all need to be regularly rotated to avoid possible 'burn out'. Don't suppose this thought would be regarded as viable, but rather excessive instead and we mighty only get two.

I've always suggested Fernandhino could be dropped back to centre-half, so this might help solve our defensive shortcomings in the middle of the back line and save some expenditure for this position for another season or two. However, we'd then need two deeper lying midfielders to replace him and Yaya in the engine room of the side.

After that, funds and FFP permitting, we might get another forward, whomsoever that might be.

With all the additional players who will be leaving, we've then, surely (??), got to start bringing in some youngsters to help make up the squad numbers.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Would you give another year with Willy and focus on buying wingbacks and defenders or a gk is a must this summer?

A goalkeeper can wait, as far as I'm concerned PP.

It might be argued that we could use no less than four new wingbacks as, with the kind of mileage Pep would require them to clock up in a game, they'd all need to be regularly rotated to avoid possible 'burn out'. Don't suppose this thought would be regarded as viable, but rather excessive instead and we mighty only get two.

I've always suggested Fernandhino could be dropped back to centre-half, so this might help solve our defensive shortcomings in the middle of the back line and save some expenditure for this position for another season or two. However, we'd then need two deeper lying midfielders to replace him and Yaya in the engine room of the side.

After that, funds and FFP permitting, we might get another forward, whomsoever that might be.

With all the additional players who will be leaving, we've then, surely (??), got to start bringing in some youngsters to help make up the squad numbers.

I think FFP will play a big part. We are not getting 10 new players, that si for certain. I am just curious if we could not find any window and bring other players in the winter window (Jesus does not count).

I think we need to focus on 4 wingbacks, one central defender and one midfielder who will replace the Yaya monster.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:16 pm

jordan pickford
ryan sessegnon
youri tielemans
william carvalho
hector bellerin
alexis sanchez
leonardo bonucci

happy days
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby phips » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:34 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:jordan pickford
ryan sessegnon
youri tielemans
william carvalho
hector bellerin
alexis sanchez
leonardo bonucci

happy days

Bellerin? hasn't been that good for Arsenal.

Tielemans? that guy has been touted as the next big thing for years and yet he's never moved. i have my doubts.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:57 am

If this was a choice, sure, but what do we plan to do with Bravo then?

How can we not focus on GK if we are not keeping him, which is rather obvious.

Gunn is not going to be the backup. Let's be real here.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:52 am

PrezIke wrote:

If this was a choice, sure, but what do we plan to do with Bravo then?

How can we not focus on GK if we are not keeping him, which is rather obvious.

Gunn is not going to be the backup. Let's be real here.

Has to keep Willy, going with two new keepers is asking for a IT. You need a go to guy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:22 am

phips wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:jordan pickford
ryan sessegnon
youri tielemans
william carvalho
hector bellerin
alexis sanchez
leonardo bonucci

happy days

Bellerin? hasn't been that good for Arsenal.

Tielemans? that guy has been touted as the next big thing for years and yet he's never moved. i have my doubts.

Tielemans is still only 19, captain of his club side and internationally capped.
Fidel Castro

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I think FFP will play a big part. We are not getting 10 new players, that si for certain. I am just curious if we could not find any window and bring other players in the winter window (Jesus does not count).

I think we need to focus on 4 wingbacks, one central defender and one midfielder who will replace the Yaya monster.

No need to sign four full backs, 2 shiny new ones with a couple of our own as deputies - Maffeo and Angelino/Smith Brown.

Then you have other options within the squad to back that up, for example Fernandinho at RB and Delph at LB.

Midfield, we need someone with Yaya's passing ability to play the pivot role.

As for the keeper situation, I think we were always going back into the market this summer regardless, Caballero is out of contract and I haven't heard a peep about him being offered a new deal. I expect to see a relatively young keeper signed to challenge Bravo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

No need to sign four full backs, 2 shiny new ones with a couple of our own as deputies - Maffeo and Angelino/Smith Brown.

Then you have other options within the squad to back that up, for example Fernandinho at RB and Delph at LB.

Midfield, we need someone with Yaya's passing ability to play the pivot role.

As for the keeper situation, I think we were always going back into the market this summer regardless, Caballero is out of contract and I haven't heard a peep about him being offered a new deal. I expect to see a relatively young keeper signed to challenge Bravo.

We don't need someone to challenge Bravo.
We need someone to REPLACE him
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum