Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
blues2win wrote:Heavy briefing against Nasri by Club and players. Arrogant attitude and Club can't wait to get rid of him. Mistake to bring him on tour it seems.

That will help us get a decent fee.

could be Nasri's camp doing the briefing though ;)
Anyway, what's happened to the tectonic plates? No movements discernible - Neymar's love for Barca is unsullied, no Mbappe tickling allowed, Van Dyck just waiting for his Klopp call, Dembele destined inexorably for Barca - anybody else? Our earth changing signing seems to be escaping the ITKs crystal balls too - vague 'meltdown' hints just come and go with each day and absolutely no 'booms' in prospect :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
blues2win wrote:Heavy briefing against Nasri by Club and players. Arrogant attitude and Club can't wait to get rid of him. Mistake to bring him on tour it seems.

That will help us get a decent fee.

could be Nasri's camp doing the briefing though ;)
Anyway, what's happened to the tectonic plates? No movements discernible - Neymar's love for Barca is unsullied, no Mbappe tickling allowed, Van Dyck just waiting for his Klopp call, Dembele destined inexorably for Barca - anybody else? Our earth changing signing seems to be escaping the ITKs crystal balls too - vague 'meltdown' hints just come and go with each day and absolutely no 'booms' in prospect :(

It has to be the Sapphic softarse's camp briefing as it makes no sense otherwise.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Loving the fresh look of this squad but I must say I'm concerned about not having a boss in midfield. Bit soft in the centre.

that's been one of our main issues for the last 3 years...
ridiculous that it hasn't been properly addressed

I thought i was the only one banging that drum!!! If we dont strengthen it we wont win the league imo. Good to see others can see it too. Not even been linked to one is worrying.

Haven't seen enough of him, but I wonder if Danilo will be utilised I that DM position?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:47 am

Alex Sandro being linked with us this morning for a modest £60m, hijacking the bid from the Chavs. Could just be us inflating his price as payback for Walker or simply Juve doing the same thing as per the transfer textbook.

Large part of the Brazilian national team already being accommodated here but can he be a CB? 6 footer and good in the air they reckon.
http://madaboutepl.net/2017/07/do-manch ... y-chelsea/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:08 pm

Zinchenko could be on his way to Napoli. reported to be loan with option to buy.
depending on playing time that could be a nice move for him and for the club to see how good he really is.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:54 pm

phips wrote:Zinchenko could be on his way to Napoli. reported to be loan with option to buy.
depending on playing time that could be a nice move for him and for the club to see how good he really is.

Yeah, a quality loan - if he gets to play. We really do need to see these youngsters tested in decent leagues.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Justified logic wrote:
phips wrote:Zinchenko could be on his way to Napoli. reported to be loan with option to buy.

Yeah, a quality loan - if he gets to play. We really do need to see these youngsters tested in decent leagues.

We've had him for what, three years now? He's bombed at at least two loan spells. If we can sell him for any money it would be good business. You win some you lose some with this type of transfer. We won with Enes Unal, we will probably lose with this one. Onto the next
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:05 pm

That Sancho has deleted all his pics off his Instagram. Just fuck the kid off. He'll get molested by Wenger at Arsenal and they'll make a film of it in 20 years. Just let him go.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

We've had him for what, three years now? He's bombed at at least two loan spells. If we can sell him for any money it would be good business. You win some you lose some with this type of transfer. We won with Enes Unal, we will probably lose with this one. Onto the next

He signed last summer mate. He's only had one loan spell – at PSV. Struggled to get game time there, but they have a lot of promising kids in the same position, so why would they give the loan player game time (unless he proved to be miles better, which he didn't).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Mase wrote:That Sancho has deleted all his pics off his Instagram. Just fuck the kid off. He'll get molested by Wenger at Arsenal and they'll make a film of it in 20 years. Just let him go.

Yeah, but since he's also done tweets like this one:

mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:11 pm

mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

He signed last summer mate. He's only had one loan spell – at PSV. Struggled to get game time there, but they have a lot of promising kids in the same position, so why would they give the loan player game time (unless he proved to be miles better, which he didn't).

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of Zucculini. Do we still have him?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:14 pm

nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of Zucculini. Do we still have him?

I think we've let him go to Hellas Verona (where he was on loan half last season) for a nominal fee.
He did quite well there this spring.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:23 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:That Sancho has deleted all his pics off his Instagram. Just fuck the kid off. He'll get molested by Wenger at Arsenal and they'll make a film of it in 20 years. Just let him go.

Two of those have done themselves proud this summer and will very likely playing in the Carling Cup matches this season. The other has spat his dummy out and can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Two of those have done themselves proud this summer and will very likely playing in the Carling Cup matches this season. The other has spat his dummy out and can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

The lad's only 17 – cut him some slack.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:33 pm

He should have better advisors then. Kelvin Etuhu.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Mase wrote:He should have better advisors then. Kelvin Etuhu.

Now there's a link.. Etuhu brothers... I believe Sancho's brother/cousin is already on the Gooners books, fairly sure I read that somewhere in the last week??
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:08 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:He should have better advisors then. Kelvin Etuhu.

Now there's a link.. Etuhu brothers... I believe Sancho's brother/cousin is already on the Gooners books, fairly sure I read that somewhere in the last week??

I actually meant Dickson. What a wasted career because his advisors made the wrong decision when he was young.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Justified logic wrote:

i just hope he gets enough playing time so we can flip him for a profit.

im no expert but i dont see him ever getting any first time at City under Pep.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 pm

phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

i just hope he gets enough playing time so we can flip him for a profit.

im no expert but i dont see him ever getting any first time at City under Pep.

Genuine question, why? Have you seen him play on a regular basis? If so, is he not good enough? Why the 'under Pep' comment? Do you think he's good enough but Pep isn't someone that will give him a chance?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:37 pm

the under Pep comment was because, frankly, i dont think Pep will ever give you a chance at Manchester City. Mancini and Pellegrini were the same way (yes, i know about Kelechi and I know Garcia played a few matches), and I dont blame any of the 3 of them. the pressure at City (and, really, most every other big club nowadays) is far too great for a manager to risk their jobs on playing young kids. Yes, Mendy is 23 but thats not the type of youth i'm talking about--he's clearly already established (not saying he's reached his peak). Pep has shown no affinity for it. if he did he wouldn't keep buying players like B Silva and trying to get Sanchez to join up. those kinds of big money moves block youngsters from the team. now, by no means am i saying id prefer to have Foden/Diaz/Zinchenko/etc in the squad instead of B Silva as the latter clearly gives the club a better chance right now. and thats what Pep is after.

Poh can bring players like Winks through the ranks at Spurs because, really, finishing 2nd is still good enough for them. if they finish 2nd the next 2 seasons they still aren't firing Poch. sure, he may quit and/or players like Kane and Alli might leave, but thats not what im talking about.

Koeman can play young kids at Soton and Everton because there's really no pressure on him there. just dont get relegated.

for managers like Mourinho, Pep, and Conte in the league they can't rely on youngsters. Fergie couldn't really either which is why the likes of Pogba, Hummels, and Pique are no longer at United. I mean, look at Andreas Christensen. he's been one of the best CBs in the Bundesliga since Chelsea loaned him to Gladbach and instead Conte goes out and splashes the cash on Ruddier. they've recalled Christensen but he'll hardly play i bet. Nathan Ake was really good for Bournemouth when he went there on loan last season. instead, Chelsea recalled him and then sat him on the bench. then of course there's Lukaku at Chelsea. heck, even Renato Sanches and Kingsley Coman at Bayern right now (tbf, Coman gets a decent amount of time).

For a big club and big manager with expectations and pressure the only type of youngster you can really promote is someone like Harry Kane. someone where you can see it early. Diaz and Foden have showed glimpses so they will probably stick around for early cup matches and then go on loan next season. Zinchenko didnt get nearly enough time at PSV to form a definitive verdict but even still you should really know by know. he'd have hype around him like the others.

of course, he could go to Napoli--or somewhere else--and turn out to be aces and i could be proved to be the dumbass that i am but i just dont see it happening.
Last edited by phips on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead