Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:38 pm

And we got played off the park by Leicester ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby phips » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:19 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:he's on a par with the other Spurs galacticos - Kane, Dier, Walker, Alle, Winks etc etc etc - severely overhyped and destined to become Lennons, Carrolls, Livermores, Huddlestones, Townsends, Dawsons, Masons etc etc when they leave.

So Pochetino is a genius for making them a top 4 team?

apparently so, you did notice we played them off the park the other week?

and did you notice they dominated us in the first matchup and beat Chelsea too?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:42 pm

mr_nool wrote:And we got played off the park by Leicester ...
If we win our game in hand tomorrow we'll be two points ahead of Spurs in second place and within striking distance of the Chavs, what's Leicester got to do with it?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby freshie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
If we win our game in hand tomorrow we'll be two points ahead of Spurs in second place and within striking distance of the Chavs, what's Leicester got to do with it?

Everything - you belittled Pochettino by saying we played Spurs off the park at the Etihad. Leicester played us off the park at their ground - does that mean that Pep isn't as good as people think?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:05 pm

freshie wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Everything - you belittled Pochettino by saying we played Spurs off the park at the Etihad. Leicester played us off the park at their ground - does that mean that Pep isn't as good as people think?

I don't believe I did belittle Pochettino, just remarked that most of his players are over-rated. We are a far better side than Spurs even allowing for our frailties on their subbuteo pitch and obviously a far, far better side than Leicester - but it is slightly troubling to read the contrary opinion on a city forum tbh. The fact is that we perform poorly on too many occasions and that does reflect on Pep sometimes, and sometimes on our players' performance. To suggest that means Pep or our players aren't as good as some people think is a reasonable inference but it doesn't mean he isn't still the best manager in the world and we have some of the world's best players. Nobody's perfect my friend and comparisons are usually odious anyway.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Im not fuckign happy about us being linked to wiltshire,,,,,apart from being a little runt, a la Nasri , the cunt is always always injured.Im also sure he slagged us off in the past.

Taking my personal feelings aside for a minute , the guy is fuckign always injured so why the fuck would we sign him ?

I hope the hierarchy say no to Pep.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im not fuckign happy about us being linked to wiltshire,,,,,apart from being a little runt, a la Nasri , the cunt is always always injured.Im also sure he slagged us off in the past.

Taking my personal feelings aside for a minute , the guy is fuckign always injured so why the fuck would we sign him ?

https://youtu.be/9JoR3YRl8VU
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Just the thought of signing him is horrific.
Pep give yourself a slap.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im not fuckign happy about us being linked to wiltshire,,,,,apart from being a little runt, a la Nasri , the cunt is always always injured.Im also sure he slagged us off in the past.

https://youtu.be/9JoR3YRl8VU

I knew he did something to make me spit at the plasma !!!!.Hes the type of wimp who gets his mates to hold him back whilst threatening to punch someone, whilst knowing he has protection.

Little snidy fuckign cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Wilshere may come fairly cheap, has the tools to succeed under Pep, we need more HG players with Clichy likely gone, and he fills a hole in our midfield rotation.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:37 pm

PrezIke wrote:Wilshere may come fairly cheap, has the tools to succeed under Pep, we need more HG players with Clichy likely gone, and he fills a hole in our midfield rotation.

No. He doesn't. Garcia would ably fill the part time role that Wilshere would offer
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Pep was bigging him up before we played Bournemouth and saying his injury problems are now behind him.... had to smile when the little cunt went off injured
Fidel Castro

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Wilshere may come fairly cheap, has the tools to succeed under Pep, we need more HG players with Clichy likely gone, and he fills a hole in our midfield rotation.

No. He doesn't. Garcia would ably fill the part time role that Wilshere would offer

Agreed - Garcia is more than able imo.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Gondogan coming back from 2nd major injury
Yaya 34 years old
Delph ????
Fernando out of contract
Fernandinho

Garcia is also not HG. I want him to get games but Wilshere would be a useful player. Garcia can't get a game now but you are automatically picking him as rotation player that can slot into a team of our level ahead of Wilshere who is better at this point.

It could happen, as Garcia should improve, but Pep will never risk relying on him unless he improves a lot I think, even if Garcia should get more games next season. Wilshere is a legit backup at a club of our level.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Yaya 34 years old
Delph ????
Fernando out of contract
Fernandinho

Garcia is also not HG. I want him to get games but Wilshere would be a useful player. Garcia can't get a game now but you are automatically picking him as rotation player that can slot into a team of our level ahead of Wilshere who is better at this point.

It could happen, as Garcia should improve, but Pep will never risk relying on him unless he improves a lot I think, even if Garcia should get more games next season. Wilshere is a legit backup at a club of our level.

Fair points.

Fernandinho, Yaya and Delph are all better bets than Wilshere IMO. As is Gundogan, though whether he will return the same strength of player remains to be seen.

But, if we are to continually improve as a club, we need to set our bar higher than the likes of Wilshere. Hell, I'd sooner see Nasri return.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Mooooooy!!!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Yaya 34 years old
Delph ????
Fernando out of contract
Fernandinho

Fair points.

Fernandinho, Yaya and Delph are all better bets than Wilshere IMO. As is Gundogan, though whether he will return the same strength of player remains to be seen.

But, if we are to continually improve as a club, we need to set our bar higher than the likes of Wilshere. Hell, I'd sooner see Nasri return.

Spot on NB.

Apart from anything else, we deserve far better than this particular individual. I don't think Prez quite appreciates the degree of loathing this guy engenders from decent football fans.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:55 pm

No Isco for Madrid tonight, I think he might be heading in our direction in the summer.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 am

johnny crossan wrote:No Isco for Madrid tonight, I think he might be heading in our direction in the summer.

I thought the word on Isco was that he could officially fuck right off - after letting Txiki and Soriano down by pulling out of our deal after a call from ZZ?

I'd be surprised.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:50 am

john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:No Isco for Madrid tonight, I think he might be heading in our direction in the summer.

I thought the word on Isco was that he could officially fuck right off - after letting Txiki and Soriano down by pulling out of our deal after a call from ZZ?

I'd be surprised.

This 'we never ask you twice' policy would be great if it's true but doesn't seem quite right after the Mangala saga and the alleged re-kindling of interest in the likes of Sanchez, Laporte etc. Could well be just lazy media recycling of course, hope you remain unsurprised!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum