Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Scatman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Being linked with de Jong from Barca again this morning. Brilliant player, great on the ball, good passing and likes a tackle.

Not sure what would happen with Rodri though (who I think has been playing well this season - he’s finished his degree now so possibly less stress?). Gundo isn’t getting younger so Rodri pushed up higher might be a better fit.

Straight swap for Sterling would be perfect.

Last line Mase, could be the story....

I can’t see how Barca will afford Sterling. So a swap has to be considered. Unless the Barca Boys at City are happy with Barca paying £50m over 20 years….which could also happen!

Paying in Sterling......

It's value has plummeted in the last couple of years.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:43 am

Scatman wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Being linked with de Jong from Barca again this morning. Brilliant player, great on the ball, good passing and likes a tackle.

Not sure what would happen with Rodri though (who I think has been playing well this season - he’s finished his degree now so possibly less stress?). Gundo isn’t getting younger so Rodri pushed up higher might be a better fit.

Straight swap for Sterling would be perfect.

Last line Mase, could be the story....

I can’t see how Barca will afford Sterling. So a swap has to be considered. Unless the Barca Boys at City are happy with Barca paying £50m over 20 years….which could also happen!

Paying in Sterling......

It's value has plummeted in the last couple of years.

We'd better be quick selling. Reputations tend to hang in there (look how many times we've been sold a pup) and he has kept his value - until lately everyone is starting to realise that we are queuing up to drive him to the airport!

Problem I guess is relocating private cinemas, walls of fishtanks etc to Catalonia!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:26 pm

Dortmund out Haaland in???
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:48 am

More rumours linking us with Dusan Vlahovic this morning. He’s got 12 goals in 15 matches this season.

Just watched his highlights on YouTube Samaras style, he’s actually got better feet than I thought when I saw him play previously. Very similar player to Haaland and probably half the price in wages, bung to agent, signing on fee etc.

Edit: Also, Serbian.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:11 pm

Mase wrote:More rumours linking us with Dusan Vlahovic this morning. He’s got 12 goals in 15 matches this season.

And not a tattoo in sight
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:24 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:More rumours linking us with Dusan Vlahovic this morning. He’s got 12 goals in 15 matches this season.

And not a tattoo in sight

There’s still time!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:57 pm

Just watched his highlights on YouTube Samaras style, he’s actually got better feet than I thought when I saw him play previously. Very similar player to Haaland and probably half the price in wages, bung to agent, signing on fee etc.

What's his hair like though??
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:03 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:10 pm

Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Not as lush, but it'll do.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:10 pm

Young Edin?
Sign him up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:50 pm

Big Willy (Caballero) just got a gig at Southampton 'til January, due to their keeper crisis. Should buy him a few pressies at least.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:31 am

Rumors today are that the Spafia are ready to accept 38 million instead of 60 million for The transfer of FT to Barcelona .

Another favor .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Rumors today are that the Spafia are ready to accept 38 million instead of 60 million for The transfer of FT to Barcelona .

Another favor .

A guy at Barca the other day said, “we have friends at City”….

Most reports say we’re close to agreeing a fee. Crazy how when Bern and Laporte wanted to go in the summer we dug our heels in. Barca come knocking and we bend over backwards to help them out :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:16 am

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Rumors today are that the Spafia are ready to accept 38 million instead of 60 million for The transfer of FT to Barcelona .

Another favor .

Most reports say we’re close to agreeing a fee. Crazy how when Bern and Laporte wanted to go in the summer we dug our heels in. Barca come knocking and we bend over backwards to help them out :lol:

It certainly looks that way but playing devil's advocate here it may be a longer term play by us.
Barca are extremely powerful, don't kick them when they are down and if they remember the help they could prove to be an extremely useful ally in the future. We need that help, think those penalty decisions last night.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Outcast » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 am

Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:

Another favor .

It certainly looks that way but playing devil's advocate here it may be a longer term play by us.
Barca are extremely powerful, don't kick them when they are down and if they remember the help they could prove to be an extremely useful ally in the future. We need that help, think those penalty decisions last night.

No offence but that's a load of tosh. I doubt they'd come to our rescue if we were in similar situation. Fek them, pay up the asking price or do one
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:36 am

Outcast wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:

Another favor .

No offence but that's a load of tosh. I doubt they'd come to our rescue if we were in similar situation. Fek them, pay up the asking price or do one

I don’t think La Liga would let them help us in any situation, however I don’t think that our owners would let us get in to the turmoil Barca are in.

It does make me wonder what the Spafia’s plans are after City and when Pep decides to leave. Will they head back to Barca? I’m sure they’d be welcomed back, and if so what is there to stop them helping Barca out now?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:07 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:

Another favor .

I don’t think La Liga would let them help us in any situation, however I don’t think that our owners would let us get in to the turmoil Barca are in.

It does make me wonder what the Spafia’s plans are after City and when Pep decides to leave. Will they head back to Barca? I’m sure they’d be welcomed back, and if so what is there to stop them helping Barca out now?

Also, wasn't Mansour involved with Real in a way? Why help Barcelona?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:26 am

I would expect Mansour to have the final say about all transfer transactions, ins and outs , and I think he's got the business acumen to pull the plug on anything which doesn't appear to be in the clubs interest. If he smells something, he'll say no.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:04 pm

Mino Raiola: “He can and will take the next step. Bayern, Real, Barcelona, City - these are the big clubs he can go to. City have won the championship five times in the last few years, much more than United.”

I’m beginning to like this guy :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:26 pm

Mase wrote:Mino Raiola: “He can and will take the next step. Bayern, Real, Barcelona, City - these are the big clubs he can go to. City have won the championship five times in the last few years, much more than United.”

I’m beginning to like this guy :lol:

Beat me to it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum