Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Still waiting to find out who the Bruno/Lucas detractors want us to sign this summer. :D

Players who we want to sign?

We should want to sign the calibre of Valverde. Or Wirtz. Or Mbappe. Players who are at the top of their game and also who will attract sponsors and new fans alike. Like Haaland has

Of course these players aren’t necessarily easily available or would cost a lot. But that doesn’t mean we accept an inferior player

If you are car shopping for a Mercedes and they are out of stock for a year do you then wait until available because that’s the car you think is the best fit or do you nip down to the car supermarket and buy a Mondeo or something else inferior because it’s available?
We are not signing Mbappe, Witrz or Valverde - that's a given. Rico, Bobb, Doyle & McAttee are simply not and almost certainly will never be at the level we need - sorry. So who is your money on if not the boys from Brazil?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nick » Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 pm

Why not wirtz???
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 am

Nick wrote:Why not wirtz???
Off to Bayern 100% with his manager probably.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Fri May 03, 2024 8:11 am

Wolves trigger the buy clause for Doyle for the 5 million fee. He can’t play against City this weekend because he’s still on loan till July 1. 50 per cent sell on fee and a buy back option.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby salford city » Fri May 03, 2024 8:28 am

blues2win wrote:Wolves trigger the buy clause for Doyle for the 5 million fee. He can’t play against City this weekend because he’s still on loan till July 1. 50 per cent sell on fee and a buy back option.

They've had our pants down with this. Only 5million and we got Nunes. Bad bit of business on our part
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Fri May 03, 2024 8:56 am

salford city wrote:
blues2win wrote:Wolves trigger the buy clause for Doyle for the 5 million fee. He can’t play against City this weekend because he’s still on loan till July 1. 50 per cent sell on fee and a buy back option.

They've had our pants down with this. Only 5million and we got Nunes. Bad bit of business on our part

I said in another thread, we’d have noticed no difference having Doyle playing instead of Nunes this season. Absolutely no difference at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Fri May 03, 2024 10:20 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

I said in another thread, we’d have noticed no difference having Doyle playing instead of Nunes this season. Absolutely no difference at all.

Disagree. Doyle would have definitely chipped in with a goal or two and assisted from a corner
salford city

Postby stupot » Fri May 03, 2024 10:24 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Disagree. Doyle would have definitely chipped in with a goal or two and assisted from a corner

Not going by his stats at Wolves this season. No goals, no assists.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri May 03, 2024 11:08 am

stupot wrote:
salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Not going by his stats at Wolves this season. No goals, no assists.

That’s playing for Wolves. Haaland wouldn’t have scored half as many playing for them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri May 03, 2024 11:21 am

You could say that about most teams though. Paqueta has 8 goals and 6 assists for West Ham this season.
Doyle's played 25 games, those stats are shit.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby salford city » Fri May 03, 2024 11:54 am

stupot wrote:You could say that about most teams though. Paqueta has 8 goals and 6 assists for West Ham this season.

I'm not arsed about the stats, Doyle was and still is a better option than Nunes imo. Matters not as he's gone and we move on
salford city

Postby Mase » Fri May 03, 2024 11:55 am

stupot wrote:You could say that about most teams though. Paqueta has 8 goals and 6 assists for West Ham this season.

So are Rice’s and he’s just got second in FOTY
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 03, 2024 12:32 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

100% or probably?

Which is it JC?

For what it’s worth I think Alonso is off to Bayern in a year, it’s probably why they were sniffing round Rangnick as a short term replacement.

But Leverkusen, although having just won the Bundesliga and look like they could do a treble as well, are still a relatively small club on a low budget. Who if offered big money now would be reluctant to pass over
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Fri May 03, 2024 12:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

100% or probably?

Which is it JC?

For what it’s worth I think Alonso is off to Bayern in a year, it’s probably why they were sniffing round Rangnick as a short term replacement.

But Leverkusen, although having just won the Bundesliga and look like they could do a treble as well, are still a relatively small club on a low budget. Who if offered big money now would be reluctant to pass over

JC would rather us spend 250m on 10 players than 1 that would improves us and calls it good business. We don't need squad players, rather that went to our excellent academy players, I don't think it's sinking in, we need A factor kind of signing.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri May 03, 2024 1:54 pm

I don’t know if this has been posted, but word on the street is that Tommy Doyle has signed for Wolves. Small fee but some sell on clauses I believe
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby blues2win » Fri May 03, 2024 4:00 pm

Scroll up mate.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 03, 2024 4:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

100% or probably?

Which is it JC?

The thing is I've never read us linking him with us. At all.
I think Musiala is the target. Can't say I don't want him.
Saw Wirtz last night versus Roma and he reminded me of Kevin at Wolfsburg.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 03, 2024 4:36 pm

Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

100% or probably?

Which is it JC?

JC would rather us spend 250m on 10 players than 1 that would improves us and calls it good business. We don't need squad players, rather that went to our excellent academy players, I don't think it's sinking in, we need A factor kind of signing.
You boys crack me up. Wirtz 100% Alonso probably. So if we can't have him or Valverde - who has just extended until 2029 - it's the EDS then :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 03, 2024 4:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

100% or probably?

Which is it JC?

You boys crack me up. Wirtz 100% Alonso probably. So if we can't have him or Valverde - who has just extended until 2029 - it's the EDS then :lol:

So because Valverde has a contract it means we can't buy him? Granted it means we pay premium, but is it not better to buy quality first time out

Ever heard the phrase "buy cheap buy twice"?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri May 03, 2024 4:43 pm

blues2win wrote:Scroll up mate.

Oops sorry
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum