Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am

Original Dub wrote:You're comparing phillips' importance in our team to kdb's...

And you're calling me a gimp, mongo?

What I said was we don't NEED the kdb money. Not that we don't need any money. At all.

You want to sell haaland and sack pep ffs. Now you're giving out financial advice.

There's no end to your expertise

Back to lying again OD......Sacking PeP ?? can you just not stop lying or is it part and parcel of your DNA ?

KDB is old now and nearing the end of the road...yes he is...that's a fact...and if we are offered a huge fee we should 100% sell him as that money will be used to buy a decent replacement.

Thats how clubs run this part of the financial model you fuckign bell end...selling players is fundamental to bring in new players.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:50 am

MIAMCFC wrote:KDB is the difference in most games. Fact. I have always thought him dropping back to play a quarter back role would be on the cards. We do not need to sell him!!

We do not need to sell him and I never fucking said we did........... but we do need money to buy new players and selling players on is key to bringing new players in so IF KDB doesn't want to extend his contract OR he asks for more than the club are willing to offer then we should 100% sell him for a decent price.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 am

I guess Kevin will stay. I can imagine him benefiting from the MC football group in a new career as a manager. Bernardo may go I agree. Boy will we miss him.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:45 am

blues2win wrote:I guess Kevin will stay. I can imagine him benefiting from the MC football group in a new career as a manager. Bernardo may go I agree. Boy will we miss him.

We said the same with Aguero , D.Silva and Toure and others when they left........we still went from strength to strength.
The club has been set up for success and will continue IMO , no matter who leaves.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 am

blues2win wrote:I guess Kevin will stay. I can imagine him benefiting from the MC football group in a new career as a manager. Bernardo may go I agree. Boy will we miss him.

Couldn’t see Kev as a manager. What’s he gonna do if he has a bad nights sleep and there’s a match the next day? Ring the chairman - “Sorry, I’m tired. Can Brian Horton take the team today?”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 am

Even when Kev isn't playing well he's still the one you expect to make something happen.
Wasn't great at the weekend ( despite Jenas's MOTM) yet he made the goal and his pass to Phil in the 1st half that should have resulted in a goal was sublime and there's probably not another player in the country can make that pass.

I'd love him to stay but 100ml for a player his age is great business and he's not going to last forever. Can't really see him wanting to go there but he might fancy a last pay day. If he does go then we need a top top replacement especially as it's fairly obvious Bernardo will be leaving.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:04 am

stupot wrote:Even when Kev isn't playing well he's still the one you expect to make something happen.
Wasn't great at the weekend ( despite Jenas's MOTM) yet he made the goal and his pass to Phil in the 1st half that should have resulted in a goal was sublime and there's probably not another player in the country can make that pass.

I'd love him to stay but 100ml for a player his age is great business and he's not going to last forever. Can't really see him wanting to go there but he might fancy a last pay day. If he does go then we need a top top replacement especially as it's fairly obvious Bernardo will be leaving.

A shame that Wirtz wants to stay at Bayer for another season. Would be a great replacement.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:17 am

Come on Mase. Get a grip. I saw Kevin on Wednesday. He might not have been at his best but he was busting a gut for the team especially in the second half. He’s no bottler.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:KDB is the difference in most games. Fact. I have always thought him dropping back to play a quarter back role would be on the cards. We do not need to sell him!!

We do not need to sell him and I never fucking said we did........... but we do need money to buy new players and selling players on is key to bringing new players in so IF KDB doesn't want to extend his contract OR he asks for more than the club are willing to offer then we should 100% sell him for a decent price.

KDB is a GOAT. Whilst Peps here I hope he is also.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Those mountain goats that have to climb cliffs have more energy than Kev.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:58 am

If anyone at the club thinks Bruno and Paqueta are good enough to replace Silva and KDB, they need a good slapping.
No more gap fillers.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 pm

sheblue wrote:If anyone at the club thinks Bruno and Paqueta are good enough to replace Silva and KDB, they need a good slapping.
No more gap fillers.

100% this!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:13 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Those mountain goats that have to climb cliffs have more energy than Kev.

There a loads with Energy, do they have the class. Chelsea had him last Saturday we get mauled. I would rather worry about adding to Bernie and KDB. We have seen what happens when a Pep lieutenant leaves like Gundo. Looking ahead Madrid will have a number 9 next season so the CL is going to be tough for everyone.
MIAMCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:40 pm

sheblue wrote:If anyone at the club thinks Bruno and Paqueta are good enough to replace Silva and KDB, they need a good slapping.
No more gap fillers.

I agree - our buys cannot be knee jerk buys like Nunes - that’s for sure .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:You're comparing phillips' importance in our team to kdb's...

What I said was we don't NEED the kdb money. Not that we don't need any money. At all.

You want to sell haaland and sack pep ffs. Now you're giving out financial advice.

Back to lying again OD......Sacking PeP ?? can you just not stop lying or is it part and parcel of your DNA ?

KDB is old now and nearing the end of the road...yes he is...that's a fact...and if we are offered a huge fee we should 100% sell him as that money will be used to buy a decent replacement.

Thats how clubs run this part of the financial model you fuckign bell end...selling players is fundamental to bring in new players.

Lying? Not my style mongo, I leave that up to the likes of you.

You said you wanted pep out before and you've since admitted you did that too.

I don't think we need THAT money right now for kdb.

He's still an extremely valuable member of our squad.

It's a bit sad he's coming in for abuse on here too. I honestly don't know anymore... what do you have to do as a player?

I've never even seen opposition fans abuse him or question his workrate/commitment.

It's fucking weird
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Lying? Not my style mongo, I leave that up to the likes of you.

You said you wanted pep out before and you've since admitted you did that too.

I don't think we need THAT money right now for kdb.

He's still an extremely valuable member of our squad.

It's a bit sad he's coming in for abuse on here too. I honestly don't know anymore... what do you have to do as a player?

I've never even seen opposition fans abuse him or question his workrate/commitment.

It's fucking weird

Coming in for abuse ? Another lie as noone has abused him.

All folk are saying is that he’s older and 100% more injury prone, and as much as he can make things happen on the pitch he’s also fading in other departments of his game, which is why if some club offers 100 million , or thereabouts , then the powers that be , after considering all options , would be inept if they didn’t consider it.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 pm

Let’s remember that Fernandinho wasn’t replaceable - he was integral to the way Pep played, “no one out there like him”. We now have a better version.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:55 pm

Mase wrote:Let’s remember that Fernandinho wasn’t replaceable - he was integral to the way Pep played, “no one out there like him”. We now have a better version.

Exactly Mase - some fans just have zero confidence , fuck knows how they cope in real life ffs!

I actually worry for OD as he might just fucking OD when pep leaves :lol:
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:00 pm

Mase wrote:Let’s remember that Fernandinho wasn’t replaceable - he was integral to the way Pep played, “no one out there like him”. We now have a better version.

Ferna was flogged by us. A blueprint for Rodders. A better version of KDB. I cannot name one Mase. That just might be a new manager’s problem?
MIAMCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:

Ferna was flogged by us. A blueprint for Rodders. A better version of KDB. I cannot name one Mase. That just might be a new manager’s problem?

We couldn’t name a better version of Fern at the time - that’s my point. Kev isn’t the best player in the world ever. We’ll be okay.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum