Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby gillie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 pm

phips wrote:the under Pep comment was because, frankly, i dont think Pep will ever give you a chance at Manchester City. Mancini and Pellegrini were the same way (yes, i know about Kelechi and I know Garcia played a few matches), and I dont blame any of the 3 of them. the pressure at City (and, really, most every other big club nowadays) is far too great for a manager to risk their jobs on playing young kids. Yes, Mendy is 23 but thats not the type of youth i'm talking about--he's clearly already established (not saying he's reached his peak). Pep has shown no affinity for it. if he did he wouldn't keep buying players like B Silva and trying to get Sanchez to join up. those kinds of big money moves block youngsters from the team. now, by no means am i saying id prefer to have Foden/Diaz/Zinchenko/etc in the squad instead of B Silva as the latter clearly gives the club a better chance right now. and thats what Pep is after.

Poh can bring players like Winks through the ranks at Spurs because, really, finishing 2nd is still good enough for them. if they finish 2nd the next 2 seasons they still aren't firing Poch. sure, he may quit and/or players like Kane and Alli might leave, but thats not what im talking about.

Koeman can play young kids at Soton and Everton because there's really no pressure on him there. just dont get relegated.

for managers like Mourinho, Pep, and Conte in the league they can't rely on youngsters. Fergie couldn't really either which is why the likes of Pogba, Hummels, and Pique are no longer at United.

For a big club and big manager with expectations and pressure the only type of youngster you can really promote is someone like Harry Kane. someone where you can see it early. Diaz and Foden have showed glimpses so they will probably stick around for early cup matches and then go on loan next season. Zinchenko didnt get nearly enough time at PSV to form a definitive verdict but even still you should really know by know. he'd have hype around him like the others.

of course, he could go to Napoli--or somewhere else--and turn out to be aces and i could be proved to be the dumbass that i am but i just dont see it happening.

Pogba, Hummels, and Pique are no longer at United.When was Hummels ever at the rags?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby phips » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 pm

whoops. for some reason i thought he went there between Bayern and Dortmund. good job. give yourself a pat on the back. you got me.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:11 am

Rumours PSG reading to unveil Neymar.

1 minute into the game against RM he "rolls his ankle" making the most basic move.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 am

Then Messi shows him up and scores moments later...haha.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:57 am

So if PSG buy Neymar, would that mean Barca will go and buy Mbappé?

Griezmann would make sense.

Allegedly PSG might have to sell 110 Euros of their players to not fail FFP afterwards.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:35 am

PrezIke wrote:So if PSG buy Neymar, would that mean Barca will go and buy Mbappé?

Griezmann would make sense.

Allegedly PSG might have to sell 110 Euros of their players to not fail FFP afterwards.

Could sell us Alves for that.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:45 am

phips wrote:the under Pep comment was because, frankly, i dont think Pep will ever give you a chance at Manchester City. Mancini and Pellegrini were the same way (yes, i know about Kelechi and I know Garcia played a few matches), and I dont blame any of the 3 of them. the pressure at City (and, really, most every other big club nowadays) is far too great for a manager to risk their jobs on playing young kids. Yes, Mendy is 23 but thats not the type of youth i'm talking about--he's clearly already established (not saying he's reached his peak). Pep has shown no affinity for it. if he did he wouldn't keep buying players like B Silva and trying to get Sanchez to join up. those kinds of big money moves block youngsters from the team. now, by no means am i saying id prefer to have Foden/Diaz/Zinchenko/etc in the squad instead of B Silva as the latter clearly gives the club a better chance right now. and thats what Pep is after.

Poh can bring players like Winks through the ranks at Spurs because, really, finishing 2nd is still good enough for them. if they finish 2nd the next 2 seasons they still aren't firing Poch. sure, he may quit and/or players like Kane and Alli might leave, but thats not what im talking about.

Koeman can play young kids at Soton and Everton because there's really no pressure on him there. just dont get relegated.

for managers like Mourinho, Pep, and Conte in the league they can't rely on youngsters. Fergie couldn't really either which is why the likes of Pogba, Hummels, and Pique are no longer at United. I mean, look at Andreas Christensen. he's been one of the best CBs in the Bundesliga since Chelsea loaned him to Gladbach and instead Conte goes out and splashes the cash on Ruddier. they've recalled Christensen but he'll hardly play i bet. Nathan Ake was really good for Bournemouth when he went there on loan last season. instead, Chelsea recalled him and then sat him on the bench. then of course there's Lukaku at Chelsea. heck, even Renato Sanches and Kingsley Coman at Bayern right now (tbf, Coman gets a decent amount of time).

For a big club and big manager with expectations and pressure the only type of youngster you can really promote is someone like Harry Kane. someone where you can see it early. Diaz and Foden have showed glimpses so they will probably stick around for early cup matches and then go on loan next season. Zinchenko didnt get nearly enough time at PSV to form a definitive verdict but even still you should really know by know. he'd have hype around him like the others.

of course, he could go to Napoli--or somewhere else--and turn out to be aces and i could be proved to be the dumbass that i am but i just dont see it happening.

We're here to win matches, not "give people a chance" like some atruistic community service. If they are good enough they will play, if they aren't they won't.

Our massive problem is that our fans see any small glimpse of talent and assume that player is good enough to play at the top of the PL. They don't see them in training, they don't see them every day, then tell us the managers and coaches don't know what they are doing.

It's bonkers really
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:31 am

Koulibaly - 6'5" Senegalese CB/RB/LB being linked to us
- currently at Napoli, could explain them sniffing round Zinchenko etc
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalidou_Koulibaly

£zillions obviously
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 am

johnny crossan wrote:Koulibaly - 6'5" Senegalese CB/RB/LB being linked to us
- currently at Napoli, could explain them sniffing round Zinchenko etc
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalidou_Koulibaly

£zillions obviously

From that brief report JC, he sounds almost too good to be true and the archetypal Pep player, given his apparent versatility.

I wonder what transfer fee he would command and why there doesn't seem to be a stampede of Clubs desperate to sign him ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby phips » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:45 pm

PrezIke wrote:Allegedly PSG might have to sell 110 Euros of their players to not fail FFP afterwards.

surely we have to do similar right now.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby lonestay » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:13 pm

No we have Deadwood that we are getting rid of, so that will free up a huge amount on the wage bill so we won't have to release anybody we don't wish too .
lonestay
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:29 pm

lonestay wrote:No we have Deadwood that we are getting rid of, so that will free up a huge amount on the wage bill so we won't have to release anybody we don't wish too .

We've not got a great record of shifting the deadwood for money.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
lonestay wrote:No we have Deadwood that we are getting rid of, so that will free up a huge amount on the wage bill so we won't have to release anybody we don't wish too .

We've not got a great record of shifting the deadwood for money.

the only way we make money is to sell players who've never featured in the first team.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:31 pm

phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Allegedly PSG might have to sell 110 Euros of their players to not fail FFP afterwards.

Probably not. Someone, I think John@staustall but apologies if it was someone else, mentioned our first two signings were in last years figures. One bonus of getting deals done quickly I guess, which I doubt was an accident. We have also raised £40m so far with further sales in the offing so by September the finances will not look as bad
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
phips wrote:

Probably not. Someone, I think John@staustall but apologies if it was someone else, mentioned our first two signings were in last years figures. One bonus of getting deals done quickly I guess, which I doubt was an accident. We have also raised £40m so far with further sales in the offing so by September the finances will not look as bad

Indeed it is Cornish John who mentioned that and also his thread on worldwide commercial deals (players face on soft drink cans in Thailand etc) which is largely ignored as no financial figures are mentioned on said partnerships.

But I'm fairly sure they all add up to a sizeable amount help counter the ffp bollox (as well as the initial input of these partnerships, means we are picking up fans cash globally). As a well known advertising says.... Every little helps
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nickyboy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
phips wrote:

There's also the creative accounting we do to spread the book value of signings over the course of their contract so we don't take the hit in the accounts straight away and makes it look like we make more profit on player sales
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Matic appears set for United with Fellaini being shifted to Galatasaray
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 pm

phips wrote:

We've already sold £50m worth of players and lowered our wage bill I am gathering as some of those that left were on the old system of contracts.

We surely knew we had to spend big this summer and planned accordingly. We also know we may face a registration ban so I'm guessing we will not be caught with our pants down.

We are sure to net over £25m on Nacho. Nasri, Manhala and Fernando are clearly going. We will be fine.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Scatman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:25 pm

PrezIke wrote:
phips wrote:

We've already sold £50m worth of players and lowered our wage bill I am gathering as some of those that left were on the old system of contracts.

We surely knew we had to spend big this summer and planned accordingly. We also know we may face a registration ban so I'm guessing we will not be caught with our pants down.

We are sure to net over £25m on Nacho. Nasri, Manhala and Fernando are clearly going. We will be fine.

People who knew more than you, ie the club, thought the same last time, didn't they?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Scatman wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
phips wrote:

People who knew more than you, ie the club, thought the same last time, didn't they?
Soriano should have more recognition for his past achievements
i.e our failure to meet FFP last time. In fact there's a video of him in New York telling everyone we'd passed just before the fine was levied which wrecked our transfer business for two windows.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum