Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:10 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Real Madrid 'eyeing shock swoop for Manchester City star Phil Foden after being encouraged by his lack of game-time this season... and LaLiga giants could move for England youngster after keeping tabs on him for several years'

""Even as a fanatical (season ticket) city fan of 50 yrs + ive today finally given up and taken Phil out of my fantasy team. We fans love him to bits and can't understand why he isn't played. Today. just injury time. Was just insulting !!""

I would not blame Foden if he leaves - Baldie just does not rate him enough to play him more.

You don't believe the shit you read in the Mirror, do you?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:20 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Real Madrid 'eyeing shock swoop for Manchester City star Phil Foden after being encouraged by his lack of game-time this season... and LaLiga giants could move for England youngster after keeping tabs on him for several years'

""Even as a fanatical (season ticket) city fan of 50 yrs + ive today finally given up and taken Phil out of my fantasy team. We fans love him to bits and can't understand why he isn't played. Today. just injury time. Was just insulting !!""

I would not blame Foden if he leaves - Baldie just does not rate him enough to play him more.

While this is shit stirring bollocks.
It's hard to see him happy with being left on the bench so often.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:37 am

sheblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Best talent Baldie has ever seen.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Best talent Baldie has ever seen.

Well was he lying or maybe he feels the need to hold him back (I wont guess a reason why).
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby linwood » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Foden is in direct competition with Sterling, Bernado, Torres and Mahrez for a starting place. He doesn't get any priority for being young and local. He has played a far bit and the amount is only going to increase.

The only one on that list I think he should definitely start above is Mahrez.

Also the article is just shit stirring bollox.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:44 am

messi announces that he wants to play in the states.
2 years on a 'modest' wage in manchester followed by 2 in nyc on mega money....??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:06 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:messi announces that he wants to play in the states.
2 years on a 'modest' wage in manchester followed by 2 in nyc on mega money....??

When I saw that I wondered how long it would take somebody to make the nycfc/Mcfc stepping stone link.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:36 am

Just reading about Foden being pissed off and I can see why, I have seen him play a great game creating chances and scoring, next game he is on the fucking bench, this at a time Mahrez/Sterling and Bernardo were being selected ahead of him. If we do lose Foden because of pep’s mishandling of him I can see a lot of fans being pissed off with our glorious leader.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just reading about Foden being pissed off and I can see why, I have seen him play a great game creating chances and scoring, next game he is on the fucking bench, this at a time Mahrez/Sterling and Bernardo were being selected ahead of him. If we do lose Foden because of pep’s mishandling of him I can see a lot of fans being pissed off with our glorious leader.

Where are you reading foden is pissed off?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:09 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just reading about Foden being pissed off and I can see why, I have seen him play a great game creating chances and scoring, next game he is on the fucking bench, this at a time Mahrez/Sterling and Bernardo were being selected ahead of him. If we do lose Foden because of pep’s mishandling of him I can see a lot of fans being pissed off with our glorious leader.

Ducker in the Telegraph

There's also this from the same article, so he's unhappy but he's happy

Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Here

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/12/28/phil-foden-frustrated-with-man-city-game-time/

But it smells of wind up
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:15 pm

If he thinks he doesn't get much game time here, Real certainly isn't the place to get it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:13 pm

patrickblue wrote:

If he thinks he doesn't get much game time here, Real certainly isn't the place to get it.

Remember Brahmin Diaz?

Currently warming the bench on loan at Milan
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Remember Brahmin Diaz?

Are we really comparing Diaz to Foden ?

I doubt Foden is thinking of a transfer but he will 100% be pissed off watching, from the bench, some of the shit performances from other players ahead of him.

I don't care what Baldie says - he just doesn't trust him to play him more regularly and if this theme continues throughout the season then I reckon Foden will 100% re assess his options.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Remember Brahmin Diaz?

I doubt Foden is thinking of a transfer but he will 100% be pissed off watching, from the bench, some of the shit performances from other players ahead of him.

I don't care what Baldie says - he just doesn't trust him to play him more regularly and if this theme continues throughout the season then I reckon Foden will 100% re assess his options.

No I certainly wasn't comparing Foden to Diaz. Just that Diaz wanted more game time and went to Madrid and I was using his example of the grass isnt greener as that move didnt work out for him as he barely featured.

Pep uses Foden in the CL much more than the PL which I for one cannot fathom. And Foden must look over at the likes of Grealish who has arguably gone ahead of him in the pecking order for England as his is the heart of Villa's midfield.

I personally don't think Pep trusts him enough and he prefers Gundogan it seems. Maybe Foden is biding his time until Pep goes
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Remember Brahmin Diaz?

No I certainly wasn't comparing Foden to Diaz. Just that Diaz wanted more game time and went to Madrid and I was using his example of the grass isnt greener as that move didnt work out for him as he barely featured.

Pep uses Foden in the CL much more than the PL which I for one cannot fathom. And Foden must look over at the likes of Grealish who has arguably gone ahead of him in the pecking order for England as his is the heart of Villa's midfield.

I personally don't think Pep trusts him enough and he prefers Gundogan it seems. Maybe Foden is biding his time until Pep goes

I wonder how many teams in the prem Foden would be in the starting 11 ?

Id say 98% of them.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Remember Brahmin Diaz?

He is 20, has won PLs, FA cup and LCs, played every game in CL this season and got decent game time in half our PL matches this season so far.
He is the future and he is being carefully manged to educate him, help him and try ensure he has a long career.
Sure he probably wants more game time. He is young probably impatient and his youth shows - mistakes like Iceland for example.
When he is ready he will be our lunch pin.
I bet he knows it to and will go nowhere especially to Real Madrid. That is just a wind up article.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dimples » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:30 pm

An interesting comparison in the future will be between Sancho and Foden.
Both are the same age.
What does Sancho gain by leaving us?
So far it is regular football, he is in his third (and a half) season of regular football and one domestic cup.
But regular football from 18 can be a poisoned chalice. Being kicked around, body not fully physically matured, inexperienced at protecting yourself, etc... The danger is being used for short term gain, massive star burst then mediocrity follows.....
Phil has medals, some game time and is being handled with longetivity in mind. He is also learning from experts and when he makes a young man's mistakes he is being protected by the club.
Time will tell who made the better decision.
I think it is Phil.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 pm

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 pm

PeterParker wrote:Have to say that I really enjoy this. Serves him right

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2021/4/8/22372202/barcelonas-eric-garcia-deal-hits-a-snag

Class. Fuckin rot you overhyped shitty version of Richard Jobson.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum