Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby stupot » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:08 am

I think Declan Rice would be the perfect Fern replacement. Still very young, great on the ball and not signing a new contract by all accounts which means it shouldn't be a Kane type scenario.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:27 am

stupot wrote:I think Declan Rice would be the perfect Fern replacement. Still very young, great on the ball and not signing a new contract by all accounts which means it shouldn't be a Kane type scenario.

I’m not sure whether I’d rather have Phillips at Leeds instead.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:30 am

Dubciteh wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:Is it worth going for de Jong at Barca? He wanted to come to City when he went to Barca by all accounts. But we wouldn’t pay as much. He’s having a shit time there and Barca are in need of the money. Fern replacement?

Did he? I recall him snubbing us. Same as Huntelaar.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11621283/barcelona-bound-frenkie-de-jong-wanted-to-move-to-manchester-city-says-marcel-van-der-kraan

Van der Kraan revealed: "De Jong had made his mind up at an early stage. He wanted to go to one club which was Manchester City because they had a manager who he always believed in and who he thinks is one of the best in the world.

There’s a story from two days ago about Barca offering de Jong in a swap for Sterling. Bite. Their. Hand. Off.

Thanks, pal. Nice that.
I had the impression he refused us.

We should raid Barcelona for some players to be honest. The Spafia will not do it, but they are desperate to sell and will sell under the usuals fees.

When you look at their squad there isnt many youd take these days? Outside of de jong who would you have?

Ansu Fati & Pedri.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:35 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:I think Declan Rice would be the perfect Fern replacement. Still very young, great on the ball and not signing a new contract by all accounts which means it shouldn't be a Kane type scenario.

He'd be my 2nd choice but Rice is 3 years younger and looks a better all round player.
Phillips seems to get booked every week too so he'd be constantly suspended with us.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby salford city » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

He'd be my 2nd choice but Rice is 3 years younger and looks a better all round player.
Phillips seems to get booked every week too so he'd be constantly suspended with us.

We have now set the precedent spunking 100mil on Grealish and so that's going to cost us if we are to go for Rice. Don't get the fuss around him tbh thought he looked technically short at the Euros particularly when the press was on. I think we will be in for him or the swampy look a like at Leeds
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:15 pm

salford city wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

We have now set the precedent spunking 100mil on Grealish and so that's going to cost us if we are to go for Rice. Don't get the fuss around him tbh thought he looked technically short at the Euros particularly when the press was on. I think we will be in for him or the swampy look a like at Leeds

I like Philips tbh. Rice is not linked to everyone for no reason. Plus he is allegedly a better centre half. If we signed him the F I L would freak.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:17 pm

salford city wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

Grealish was 100 mil as that was the release clause in his contract so no precedent has been set.
He stands out at West Ham, was MOTM against the rags for me.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:53 pm

stupot wrote:
salford city wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

Grealish was 100 mil as that was the release clause in his contract so no precedent has been set.
He stands out at West Ham, was MOTM against the rags for me.

I think he has a lot more in him, Pep would develop him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Rice yes but the fee will be HUGE. What about this lad we got from from Anderlecht, Lavia, isn't he training with the first team.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:49 pm

sheblue wrote:Rice yes but the fee will be HUGE. What about this lad we got from from Anderlecht, Lavia, isn't he training with the first team.
on display tonight I reckon :)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:55 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:Rice yes but the fee will be HUGE. What about this lad we got from from Anderlecht, Lavia, isn't he training with the first team.
on display tonight I reckon :)

Hopefully.

There seems to be a lot of positivity about the younger lads at the moment. Many of them are showing good promise. It would be great to see 4 or 5 of them start tonight.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Simister » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:58 pm

Romeo Labia?

Bit of a c*nt I've heard...
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Simister » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:59 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
salford city wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

I like Philips tbh. Rice is not linked to everyone for no reason. Plus he is allegedly a better centre half. If we signed him the F I L would freak.

Aren't Lids giving Phillips a big pay rise because we've been sniffing round him?
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:12 am

Being linked with de Jong from Barca again this morning. Brilliant player, great on the ball, good passing and likes a tackle.

Not sure what would happen with Rodri though (who I think has been playing well this season - he’s finished his degree now so possibly less stress?). Gundo isn’t getting younger so Rodri pushed up higher might be a better fit.

Straight swap for Sterling would be perfect.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:16 pm

Mase wrote:Being linked with de Jong from Barca again this morning. Brilliant player, great on the ball, good passing and likes a tackle.

Not sure what would happen with Rodri though (who I think has been playing well this season - he’s finished his degree now so possibly less stress?). Gundo isn’t getting younger so Rodri pushed up higher might be a better fit.

Last line Mase, could be the story....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:38 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Being linked with de Jong from Barca again this morning. Brilliant player, great on the ball, good passing and likes a tackle.

I can’t see how Barca will afford Sterling. So a swap has to be considered. Unless the Barca Boys at City are happy with Barca paying £50m over 20 years….which could also happen!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I can’t see how Barca will afford Sterling. So a swap has to be considered. Unless the Barca Boys at City are happy with Barca paying £50m over 20 years….which could also happen!

More like we pay £75m for de Jong and sell Sterling for £25M and give Barca £50m to bail them out of the shit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Paying in Sterling......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Scatman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Paying in Sterling......

It's value has plummeted in the last couple of years.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:43 am

Scatman wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Paying in Sterling......

It's value has plummeted in the last couple of years.

We'd better be quick selling. Reputations tend to hang in there (look how many times we've been sold a pup) and he has kept his value - until lately everyone is starting to realise that we are queuing up to drive him to the airport!

Problem I guess is relocating private cinemas, walls of fishtanks etc to Catalonia!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum