Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby phips » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Slim wrote:
phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:Besiktas and China supposedly interested in Bony in January. dear god let it be true and let it happen.

Don't know why they would wait until January as their transfer window is open. See the Oscar deal.

maybe has something to do with Bony's loan to Stoke? no idea.

You mean his season long loan with a paid fee?
Yeah, that might be why they'd wait till January.

correct me if im wrong but wasnt his loan to Stoke done with the provision that he could leave in January for China.....
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:48 pm

phips wrote:
Slim wrote:
phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:Besiktas and China supposedly interested in Bony in January. dear god let it be true and let it happen.

Don't know why they would wait until January as their transfer window is open. See the Oscar deal.

maybe has something to do with Bony's loan to Stoke? no idea.

You mean his season long loan with a paid fee?
Yeah, that might be why they'd wait till January.

correct me if im wrong but wasnt his loan to Stoke done with the provision that he could leave in January for China.....

Where's Besiktas?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:01 pm

in Turkey
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:10 pm

We need defenders and a central midfielder. Now get on with it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:18 pm

sheblue wrote:We need defenders and a central midfielder. Now get on with it.

Totally agree but we can't let the current regime get on with it.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:50 pm

The Twitter is saying Pep could go back for Badstuber.
Great, a defender who has blown out all 4 of his knees
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:10 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
sheblue wrote:We need defenders and a central midfielder. Now get on with it.

Totally agree but we can't let the current regime get on with it.

Cant see the current regime changing any time soon.
The squad has to evolve and we have to make at least one decent signing this window.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:09 pm

I dream of Alaba.

Something tells me we will make a huge bid for him this summer.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:19 pm

I do too but he's signed an extension with Bayern till 2021 so it would have to be huge.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:32 pm

PSG signed Draxler for 40 mil.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:43 pm

a centre half who can defend plz.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:26 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:a centre half who can defend plz.

txiki woodward doesn't know what one of those is
he'll sign n'zonzi though because he knows that all defensive midfielders have to be 6 foot, bald and black
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the latest name linked with a mega-money move to the Chinese Super League, and could be set to break transfer and wage records in the process.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the 27-year-old Borussia Dortmund striker, who has previously been linked with Manchester City and Real Madrid, is the subject of a €150 million bid from Shanghai SIPG that would net him €41m-a-season in wages.

Aubameyang has scored 22 goals in 21 games for Dortmund this season but could miss their next three Bundesliga games because of his participation in the African Nations Cup for hosts Gabon.

In recent weeks Oscar, Carlos Tevez and Axel Witsel have been among the big names who have moved to China. But will the Dortmund striker be next?

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-talk ... per-league
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Spurge » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Spurge wrote:Another link to Steven Nzonzi. I remember watching him for Blackburn against Norwich at carrow road in a 3:3 draw he was excellent that day and thereafter kept tabs on his performances for a few months. He went to play for stoke but never seemed to fulfill his potential. I was surprised when he went to Sevilla but he has enjoyed success there and if reports are to be believed he appears to be on city's radar.

We continue to be linked to Nzonzi surprised this isn't something that's sparked debate here. I suspect most see him as nothing more than someone who failed to make it in the prem with unfashionably physical teams in Blackburn and Stoke and not up to the required standard for our club. I would be more than happy to be honest, we could do with a bit of steel in our midfield particularly with gundo out and fernandihno picking up red cards for fun. He has a presence about him a tackler and a ball player he could do a job for us and link up well with some of our creative players.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Spurge wrote:
Spurge wrote:Another link to Steven Nzonzi. I remember watching him for Blackburn against Norwich at carrow road in a 3:3 draw he was excellent that day and thereafter kept tabs on his performances for a few months. He went to play for stoke but never seemed to fulfill his potential. I was surprised when he went to Sevilla but he has enjoyed success there and if reports are to be believed he appears to be on city's radar.

We continue to be linked to Nzonzi surprised this isn't something that's sparked debate here. I suspect most see him as nothing more than someone who failed to make it in the prem with unfashionably physical teams in Blackburn and Stoke and not up to the required standard for our club. I would be more than happy to be honest, we could do with a bit of steel in our midfield particularly with gundo out and fernandihno picking up red cards for fun. He has a presence about him a tackler and a ball player he could do a job for us and link up well with some of our creative players.

Seeing how Fernandinho has forgotten how to tackle properly recently and Delph has just been forgotten, you may be onto something. Seville didn't win three Europa Leagues for nothing. That said, he didn't set the PL alight earlier in his career and at 27/28, £21.5m, which is his release clause, is steep as there's not much resale value.

I still want to Garcia given a decent run out. Different type of player I know but another big money signing in midfield puts back his chances
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Spurge wrote:

Have you seen any transfer fees being quoted Spurge ??

Without any disrespect being intended, I think there is a definite need for a more 'bread and butter' type player in our system; one who is prepared to do the dirty work and put the miles in all over the park.

Edit : Just seen NB's post and a figure of £21.5 million quoted.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 am

Nzonzi mmm that's a tricky one. At first glance it looks a bit underwhelming, but circumstances i suppose.
It seems to be on the cards. If he does come, let's see what he can offer.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:33 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Have you seen any transfer fees being quoted Spurge ??

Without any disrespect being intended, I think there is a definite need for a more 'bread and butter' type player in our system; one who is prepared to do the dirty work and put the miles in all over the park.

Edit : Just seen NB's post and a figure of £21.5 million quoted.

Maybe they'd like to just keep Nasri instead.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:10 am

sheblue wrote:Nzonzi mmm that's a tricky one. At first glance it looks a bit underwhelming, but circumstances i suppose.

The link between Defence and attack is where we get done week in week out, last night no spaces, players like Nzonzi and Wanyama make players look better by spot danger, I posted on here after a win for Stoke under Pellers he would be a great signing I think he was 24 at the time and was breaking up everything we did as they beat us 0-1. City need a player like him to balance us, not pretty but a players player. we should be breaking the bank for Van Dyk,
It defines the spine of the team, sorry to say it but since De Jong and Barry we have never had the player to stop the opposition and the play !!! when needed Behind them was Vincent bullying them to do his work for him. Van Dyk will replace Vinny,we will be more solid with a centre Mid Holding as it should be done not making do.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:19 am

Hazy2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Nzonzi mmm that's a tricky one. At first glance it looks a bit underwhelming, but circumstances i suppose.

The link between Defence and attack is where we get done week in week out, last night no spaces, players like Nzonzi and Wanyama make players look better by spot danger, I posted on here after a win for Stoke under Pellers he would be a great signing I think he was 24 at the time and was breaking up everything we did as they beat us 0-1. City need a player like him to balance us, not pretty but a players player. we should be breaking the bank for Van Dyk,
It defines the spine of the team, sorry to say it but since De Jong and Barry we have never had the player to stop the opposition and the play !!! when needed Behind them was Vincent bullying them to do his work for him. Van Dyk will replace Vinny,we will be more solid with a centre Mid Holding as it should be done not making do.

I disagree on Van Dijk. I have watched him since we have been linked and he has been really poor. No better than what we have. If we want to get better we need better players and I don't think he is the answer.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum