Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Nzonzi mmm that's a tricky one. At first glance it looks a bit underwhelming, but circumstances i suppose.
It seems to be on the cards. If he does come, let's see what he can offer.

The link between Defence and attack is where we get done week in week out, last night no spaces, players like Nzonzi and Wanyama make players look better by spot danger, I posted on here after a win for Stoke under Pellers he would be a great signing I think he was 24 at the time and was breaking up everything we did as they beat us 0-1. City need a player like him to balance us, not pretty but a players player. we should be breaking the bank for Van Dyk,
It defines the spine of the team, sorry to say it but since De Jong and Barry we have never had the player to stop the opposition and the play !!! when needed Behind them was Vincent bullying them to do his work for him. Van Dyk will replace Vinny,we will be more solid with a centre Mid Holding as it should be done not making do.

I disagree on Van Dijk. I have watched him since we have been linked and he has been really poor. No better than what we have. If we want to get better we need better players and I don't think he is the answer.

I saw him at our place this season WW, He was the best player on the pitch for me by some way. Pace a pass everything we lack imho, like Ali he has an edge to him again since Vinny has become fragile we lack a nastiness for want of a better word.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:14 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Nzonzi mmm that's a tricky one. At first glance it looks a bit underwhelming, but circumstances i suppose.

The link between Defence and attack is where we get done week in week out, last night no spaces, players like Nzonzi and Wanyama make players look better by spot danger, I posted on here after a win for Stoke under Pellers he would be a great signing I think he was 24 at the time and was breaking up everything we did as they beat us 0-1. City need a player like him to balance us, not pretty but a players player. we should be breaking the bank for Van Dyk,
It defines the spine of the team, sorry to say it but since De Jong and Barry we have never had the player to stop the opposition and the play !!! when needed Behind them was Vincent bullying them to do his work for him. Van Dyk will replace Vinny,we will be more solid with a centre Mid Holding as it should be done not making do.

I disagree on Van Dijk. I have watched him since we have been linked and he has been really poor. No better than what we have. If we want to get better we need better players and I don't think he is the answer.

I saw him at our place this season WW, He was the best player on the pitch for me by some way. Pace a pass everything we lack imho, like Ali he has an edge to him again since Vinny has become fragile we lack a nastiness for want of a better word.

I can only say what I have seen in the last few televised games. He has made some shocking errors but they were not highlighted because the opposition failed to capitalise on them I was one of those who thought he looked like a decent addition, however I am very sceptical after looking closer at him let's hope it's a blip and he is the real deal if we go for him.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I can only say what I have seen in the last few televised games. He has made some shocking errors but they were not highlighted because the opposition failed to capitalise on them I was one of those who thought he looked like a decent addition, however I am very sceptical after looking closer at him let's hope it's a blip and he is the real deal if we go for him.

So...he is a City player then?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:29 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

That game against us is the only good game I've seen him have. Admittedly I've only been paying attention to him since then but Christ-on-a-bike he's been rank when I've watched him.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Apparently Sevilla want Jovetic, yet Inter owe us £14.25m regardless after this season is over.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Fonte appears to have asked for a transfer from Southampton. Any takers for the 33-year-old?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Fonte appears to have asked for a transfer from Southampton. Any takers for the 33-year-old?

We need options at the back, Fonte is a proven performer and probably good for another two years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Fonte appears to have asked for a transfer from Southampton. Any takers for the 33-year-old?

It's a no from me. I don't want patching up I want to build.
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

It's a no from me. I don't want patching up I want to build.

The only Patching we want is Will.
33 is too old.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm

So we're going to get cover for an injury-plagued Kompany by loaning an injury-plagued Badstuber?
Great
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So we're going to get cover for an injury-plagued Kompany by loaning an injury-plagued Badstuber?
Great

How is Jermain Jenas these days?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:So we're going to get cover for an injury-plagued Kompany by loaning an injury-plagued Badstuber?
Great

Still a cunt
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So we're going to get cover for an injury-plagued Kompany by loaning an injury-plagued Badstuber Great

If we had both of them, the law of averages might state that one of them might be available, every few months or so, for the odd game......or probably not :o
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Great

Still a cunt

Made me lol. Thanks
Wonderwall

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 am

Delph back to Villa in he Telegraph. Hope so.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby phips » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Delph back to Villa in he Telegraph. Hope so.

really hope so.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:12 am

phips wrote:

really hope so.

It's a shame Delph has been injured so frequently. I always thought he's played well for us when he's been fit - unfortunately that is too rare. He'd never be a star man for us but could have been a good squad player.

If he does leave I wish him the best and hope he can get a run of games together for his new club.

The City website will need someone to fill his boots though as he's in almost every video posted on the site!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:39 am

aaron bond wrote:
phips wrote:

really hope so.

It's a shame Delph has been injured so frequently. I always thought he's played well for us when he's been fit - unfortunately that is too rare. He'd never be a star man for us but could have been a good squad player.

If he does leave I wish him the best and hope he can get a run of games together for his new club.

The City website will need someone to fill his boots though as he's in almost every video posted on the site!

Kompany or Gundogan could do that. ;)

If he does go, surely we'll need another home-grown player for the quota? I find it rather sad that we now always have to scramble around to achieve that quota.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:12 am

Great

even his agent is a doctor

Injury history

16/17 Muscular problems Aug 8, 2016 Oct 5, 2016 58 days 10Bayern Munich
15/16 Ankle injury Feb 11, 2016 Jun 6, 2016 116 days 22Bayern Munich
14/15 Thigh muscle rupture Apr 23, 2015 Nov 2, 201193 days 25Bayern Munich
14/15 Inflammation Mar 26, 2015 Apr 6, 2015 11 days 1Bayern Munich
14/15 torn tendon Sep 15, 2014 Jan 5, 2015 112 days 21Bayern Munich
12/13 Cruciate Ligament Rupture Dec 3, 2012 May 19, 2014 532 days 124Bayern Munich
12/13 Muscle fibre Oct 29, 2012 Nov 12, 2012 14 days 4Bayern Munich
11/12 Infection Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 0 days -
10/11 Pubis bone irritation Nov 1, 2010 Dec 30, 2010 59 days
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:32 am

Justified logic wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
phips wrote:

really hope so.

Kompany or Gundogan could do that. ;)

If he does go, surely we'll need another home-grown player for the quota? I find it rather sad that we now always have to scramble around to achieve that quota.

We don't have to.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum