Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:25 pm

blues-clues wrote:Why would Rose have signed a 5 yr contract last yr for £65k a week if he thought that was his last deal? Must have known there would be better offers about. Made his own bed really. Complaining less than a year into his contract is a pretty poor effort on his behalf

spurs give their best players new contracts every few months... kane is on about his 5th in 2 years
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think it is quite clear that Mr. Rose wants to come to City. Add that to Fernandinho's comments about us looking for a second left-back...

Actually, this could very well be spot on.

Pep was allegedly interested in him last season.

Problem is he's injured. Maybe in January, but would Levy really do that?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm

blues-clues wrote:Why would Rose have signed a 5 yr contract last yr for £65k a week if he thought that was his last deal? Must have known there would be better offers about. Made his own bed really. Complaining less than a year into his contract is a pretty poor effort on his behalf

Because, as Bellamy said the other day and others have stated, sometimes it's also about getting a bigger fee for a player you know may be off, or even a player trying to help lessen the pain for the selling club at least.

See: Suarez signing a 5 year contract with Liverpool December 2013 and sold summer 2014.

Top level footballers have to be ambitious to be successful. This is why, and a bit of a paradox for some fans, I think.

If a bigger club or better opportunity comes about -- and managers have done this as well -- sometimes you look to move on. It's about supply and demand and this is a scarce market at this level for talent at top clubs.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:36 pm

bigblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:I think it is quite clear that Mr. Rose wants to come to City. Add that to Fernandinho's comments about us looking for a second left-back...

Apparently Rose and Walker are good friends and have the same agent. Rose is on 65k/week and we just signed Kyle on 140k/week. Not too hard to see why his head is turned. And it'll only creep into the rest of the squad. Spuds are balking at paying Alderweireld, one of the best defenders in the league, 100k/week. Andre Gray makes 95k/week. Spuds are heading for a big drop off in talent if they keep up their current cheapness

Vantage wrote:Also judging by his apology he's been soundly b*ll*cked by Spurs...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40901082

spuds fans are saying Rose got fined 2 weeks wages. Apologise in public, but can't be good for team moral

really hope we're not paying walker 140k! (although he's impressed me much more than i expected.)
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:36 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:really hope we're not paying walker 140k! (although he's impressed me much more than i expected.)

If he helps fix our problems from last year and is part of us reaching the next level, I won't have a single thought about what our payers are paid (besides an occasional tinge of jealousy). If the City bizdev people are doing their jobs, the players are happy, the team is performing well, and fans are entertained - what's the issue?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:49 pm

bigblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:really hope we're not paying walker 140k! (although he's impressed me much more than i expected.)

If he helps fix our problems from last year and is part of us reaching the next level, I won't have a single thought about what our payers are paid (besides an occasional tinge of jealousy). If the City bizdev people are doing their jobs, the players are happy, the team is performing well, and fans are entertained - what's the issue?

overpaid players are not an issue until we need to unload said overpaid players. nasri, bony etc.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
bigblue wrote:

overpaid players are not an issue until we need to unload said overpaid players. nasri, bony etc.

Totally agree with that, but it irks me somewhat that realising that they are beyond their prime should reflect in moving on price/wage expectations, Christ none of them are on the breadline are they.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 pm

A lot of criticism of Walker's crossing. I'll be very interested to see this part of his game.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:43 pm

blues2win wrote:A lot of criticism of Walker's crossing. I'll be very interested to see this part of his game.

It's poor in the traditional sense, he's not really adept at standing the ball up to the back stick for example, the type of cross that a traditional centre forward thrives on.

But we don't play a traditional centre forward, we play with little nippy players that thrive on whipped low crosses that Walker is more than competent at delivering.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:44 pm

blues2win wrote:A lot of criticism of Walker's crossing. I'll be very interested to see this part of his game.

Pep had Sterling, Zaba and Jesus cutting inside rather than going to the bye line and deep crossing last season, so not crossing in the sense of the word.

I expect to see more of the same this season
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:50 am

Hart saying he wanted a permanent move. Presumably his agent was hawking him around and there were no takers.

Best practice getting low to your left and your kicking Joe. Because another season like the one you had at Torino and we'll struggle to get even a loan next year.

All said, I hope he does really well. I do actually like him and i'd like to see him get his career back on track
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:57 am

I am curious who will replace Cuntinho after he goes to Barcelona. Wonder if Klopp would go after Mahrez.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby phips » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:I am curious who will replace Cuntinho after he goes to Barcelona. Wonder if Klopp would go after Mahrez.

rumor is Insigne.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:03 pm

PeterParker wrote:I am curious who will replace Cuntinho after he goes to Barcelona. Wonder if Klopp would go after Mahrez.

Wonder if it will be like when we bought Sterling and they claimed it wasn't a loss to the team as Jordan Ibe was a better player anyway? Maybe Milner can step in?
nottsblue

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Wonder if it will be like when we bought Sterling and they claimed it wasn't a loss to the team as Jordan Ibe was a better player anyway? Maybe Milner can step in?

You think a left back would work well in center midfield? I guess its possible.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Coutinho's poster has been taken down from the front window of the scousepool club shop.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:48 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Coutinho's poster has been taken down from the front window of the scousepool club shop.

No doubt a wreath or two has been laid there
nottsblue

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Coutinho's poster has been taken down from the front window of the scousepool club shop.

Rumour has it Brendan Rodgers is already on his way.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Candles everywhere .....
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum