Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby littlebig » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Garcia lad above does an excellent choo choo train impression. Sign him up!
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:25 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Just a thought on Pellers and Palace, if it happens he might take some of the players we want shifting, including Nacho assuming West Ham haven't already bagged him.

Toronto interested in Hart on loan again with us paying 70% wages, surely the club won't let that happen again? Just a shame Palace have Hennessey otherwise Hart could have gone there

Would be really intrigued to see how he would do there. I will be rooting for him to show up his critics. He deserves it. Yes, he has his flaws, and is perhaps too stubborn, but I think he's underrated and was put in a difficult situation last season, especially.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:53 pm

PrezIke wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Just a thought on Pellers and Palace, if it happens he might take some of the players we want shifting, including Nacho assuming West Ham haven't already bagged him.

Toronto interested in Hart on loan again with us paying 70% wages, surely the club won't let that happen again? Just a shame Palace have Hennessey otherwise Hart could have gone there

Would be really intrigued to see how he would do there. I will be rooting for him to show up his critics. He deserves it. Yes, he has his flaws, and is perhaps too stubborn, but I think he's underrated and was put in a difficult situation last season, especially.

I thought we had decided it's Mauricio Pellegrino Palace are talking to, not our Pellers.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 pm

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:17 pm

patrickblue wrote:http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/manchester-city-star-set-shock-exit/

Best rumour I've heard all season.

Ha ha, are you offering to pay for his ferry ticket :lol:

Perhaps slipping away somewhere like Lille might suit him, if he could get a good season in getting his confidence back we might be able to get back some of our money.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:09 pm

with gunn, willy and hart out of the picture, who would be our #2 if bravo leaves? can't believe donnarumma would agree to sit on our bench.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Loaning Roberts to Huddersfield might not be a bad idea. I kinda like the move. They play nice football and the premier league is a nice step up for Roberts
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Loaning Roberts to Huddersfield might not be a bad idea. I kinda like the move. They play nice football and the premier league is a nice step up for Roberts

With a tidy loan fee in the bank as well. £2m for the year should be about right
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Loaning Roberts to Huddersfield might not be a bad idea. I kinda like the move. They play nice football and the premier league is a nice step up for Roberts

With a tidy loan fee in the bank as well. £2m for the year should be about right

Granted no CL football but its a trade off: better week to week competition rather than a handful of CL matches
Saul Goodman

Postby Wooders » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:41 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Granted no CL football but its a trade off: better week to week competition rather than a handful of CL matches

I also don't like the way Celtic have been carrying on like he's already their player- offering derisory fees and what not
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:57 am

Wooders wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I also don't like the way Celtic have been carrying on like he's already their player- offering derisory fees and what not

Celtic should only be considered a short term move for anyone. He would improve more in the PL. It would be a good move for him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:11 am

sheblue wrote:
Wooders wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Celtic should only be considered a short term move for anyone. He would improve more in the PL. It would be a good move for him.

The three celebrity youngsters we named in the first team squad when we signed them all seem to be on the way out. 10 clubs in for Roberts, Zinchenko off to Turkey and Moreno to Mexico allegedly.

Meanwhile, Walker's agent arrived at Piccadilly on the 06.55 from Euston this morning according to another place.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 am

Roberts is a better footballer than Sterling, more to his game. Would keep him just on his piss take of our back 4 in the CL game, he did more than Navas did in years of mincing about.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:10 am

Hazy2 wrote:Roberts is a better footballer than Sterling, more to his game. Would keep him just on his piss take of our back 4 in the CL game, he did more than Navas did in years of mincing about.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:35 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Roberts is a better footballer than Sterling, more to his game. Would keep him just on his piss take of our back 4 in the CL game, he did more than Navas did in years of mincing about.

Irrespective of his abilities, vis-à-vis Sterling, I would have liked to have seen him given a fair chance with us in pre-season, at least, before making any decision on selling him.

If it had worked out, he could have saved us a fair bit of cash, at a time when we're having to carefully target our needs and requirements.

Just seems a little puzzling.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:58 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:

Irrespective of his abilities, vis-à-vis Sterling, I would have liked to have seen him given a fair chance with us in pre-season, at least, before making any decision on selling him.

If it had worked out, he could have saved us a fair bit of cash, at a time when we're having to carefully target our needs and requirements.

A MuEN journo has tweeted in the last hour that Roberts is set to travel to the US with the squad for the preseason tour.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:

A MuEN journo has tweeted in the last hour that Roberts is set to travel to the US with the squad for the preseason tour.

Thanks for that FIBD.

Fingers crossed that this is correct.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:

unless a move was imminent, i doubt we'd leave him out and tip our hand that he's not wanted.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:33 pm

johnny crossan wrote:The three celebrity youngsters we named in the first team squad when we signed them all seem to be on the way out. 10 clubs in for Roberts, Zinchenko off to Turkey and Moreno to Mexico allegedly

Like Unal Moreno and Zinchenko are inelligible for work permits
Saul Goodman

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Tranny wants to leave Madrid and Spain altogether due to him being investigated for tax evasion
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum