Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:43 pm

Mase wrote:Why no other team interested in a young WC winner at £35m…..?

Maybe he simply wanted to go to the dippers and instructed his agent accordingly?

And refused to negotiate with another club?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Why no other team interested in a young WC winner at £35m…..?

Maybe he simply wanted to go to the dippers and instructed his agent accordingly?

And refused to negotiate with another club?

Can’t imagine any player just flat out refusing to go to any other club without listening to offers from them. Stinks…

What links to Liverpool have with former Argie players? I could understand it if they had a history of Aguero’s and Zaba’s.

Perhaps it might make it easier for him to get an Irish Passport ? With his Family ties to the Emerald Isle ?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:21 pm

starting to see comments about Mahrez (under contract to 2025) and possible Saudi interest , as well as Bayern. Might be a nice little earner that.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:56 pm

zuricity wrote:starting to see comments about Mahrez (under contract to 2025) and possible Saudi interest , as well as Bayern. Might be a nice little earner that.

We'll get £12m for him and we'll carry on paying his wages
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:19 am

German champions Bayern Munich have signed midfielder Konrad Laimer on a free transfer from fellow Bundesliga club RB Leipzig.

They’re also signing the LB from Dortmund on a free.

Bit of a joke the German League and how every club takes it up the arse of Bayern.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:34 am

I’ve never understood the hype around MacAllister. He’s not one who really stood out as decent when I watched Brighton and if you look at how good Cucarella and Bissouma were for them and how shit they have turned out, this could end very badly for the dippers.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:18 am

Wonder if this MacAllistair character has developed asthma this week..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:21 am

branny wrote:I’ve never understood the hype around MacAllister. He’s not one who really stood out as decent when I watched Brighton and if you look at how good Cucarella and Bissouma were for them and how shit they have turned out, this could end very badly for the dippers.

Agree a decent player, but a replacement for Gundo or Bernie, I don't think so.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:14 pm

Rumours about a big Saudi bid for Mahrez seem very credible. I can imagine he’s pissed off not getting to play in the big games especially if he’s on the bench tomorrow. Whether the Club are prepared to sell him even at a fat price remains to be sign. If Bernardo goes we’d have Foden to play on the Right and maybe Palmer. Or we might go for a wide man with real pace.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:27 pm

blues2win wrote:Rumours about a big Saudi bid for Mahrez seem very credible. I can imagine he’s pissed off not getting to play in the big games especially if he’s on the bench tomorrow. Whether the Club are prepared to sell him even at a fat price remains to be sign. If Bernardo goes we’d have Foden to play on the Right and maybe Palmer. Or we might go for a wide man with real pace.

the saudi money will be very difficult for anyone north of 30 to turn down.... i know that if it was me and someone was dangling a £50/100m cheque in my face i'd be taking them very seriously.... if they can afford to pay him ludicrous money, they can pay us a ludicrous fee....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
blues2win wrote:Rumours about a big Saudi bid for Mahrez seem very credible. I can imagine he’s pissed off not getting to play in the big games especially if he’s on the bench tomorrow. Whether the Club are prepared to sell him even at a fat price remains to be sign. If Bernardo goes we’d have Foden to play on the Right and maybe Palmer. Or we might go for a wide man with real pace.

the saudi money will be very difficult for anyone north of 30 to turn down.... i know that if it was me and someone was dangling a £50/100m cheque in my face i'd be taking them very seriously.... if they can afford to pay him ludicrous money, they can pay us a ludicrous fee....

I wouldn't be disappointed to lose Mahrez if we were suitably renumerated. And I wouldn't begrudge the lad himself wanting to earn himself a few quid and sort the next three generations of his family out
nottsblue

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:29 pm

Mahrez is also a devout Moslem so going to Saudi Arabia for a couple of years wouldn’t be as culturally difficult as for some. It may not happen but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:39 pm

blues2win wrote:Mahrez is also a devout Moslem so going to Saudi Arabia for a couple of years wouldn’t be as culturally difficult as for some. It may not happen but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did.

He’s just married into a Cheshire family though hasn’t he? Can’t remember his wife’s dads name (Ashley something..) but I’m sure he was briefly at City. I can’t imagine her going over there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:27 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mahrez is also a devout Moslem so going to Saudi Arabia for a couple of years wouldn’t be as culturally difficult as for some. It may not happen but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did.

He’s just married into a Cheshire family though hasn’t he? Can’t remember his wife’s dads name (Ashley something..) but I’m sure he was briefly at City. I can’t imagine her going over there.

Ashley Ward

If he was given a £25-30M per year tax free for example, it'd be a nice sweetener for them
nottsblue

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:28 pm

They were married in a Moslem ceremony. Luxury life in Saudi would be very different for her than for other Saudi women but you make a fair point.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:29 pm

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong, if she sits at home all day as a footballers wife she has no say in where he goes imo. But he has just had a kid with her and if she’s used to her life in Cheshire because that’s all she’s known, it may play a part.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Ashley Ward

If he was given a £25-30M per year tax free for example, it'd be a nice sweetener for them

No way never knew he was married to his daughter! He was with us at our worst, I had high hopes for him as he was decent at blackburn before us. Mahrez second wife, didnt realise he was a player.

Anyway i like mahrez, he abs destroys the cannon fodder and on his day is as good as anyone. If he did go he would need to be replaced ideally with someone with pace. Assuming bernardo goes thats our current first choice and second choice right winger gone.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:56 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Ashley Ward

No way never knew he was married to his daughter! He was with us at our worst, I had high hopes for him as he was decent at blackburn before us. Mahrez second wife, didnt realise he was a player.

Anyway i like mahrez, he abs destroys the cannon fodder and on his day is as good as anyone. If he did go he would need to be replaced ideally with someone with pace. Assuming bernardo goes thats our current first choice and second choice right winger gone.

Just realised he played for us before blackburn I could have sworn he had a stint when we were shite, must be thinking of Ostenstad!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:04 pm

My niece just put in the family City WhatsApp group

Reports suggesting Gundo to leave on a 3 yr deal to Barca

I simply.replied is there a big game tomorrow...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Crossie » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:39 am

Mahrez married Ashley Wards daughter? That makes me feel very very old.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum