Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The spafia paid 27 mill for a future world player of the year in Jesus, great work.

He'll never be voted world player of the year if the English voting public have anything to do with it.

It'll be almost impossible for him to even get player of the month.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat May 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The spafia paid 27 mill for a future world player of the year in Jesus, great work.

He'll never be voted world player of the year if the English voting public have anything to do with it.

David Silva has been player of the month once in all his time in England. Pep said that today and he's right.......something fucking stinks.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 06, 2017 6:09 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

David Silva has been player of the month once in all his time in England. Pep said that today and he's right.......something fucking stinks.

I think Messi has only been POTM once as well ...could be wrong but Im sure I heard that.

It does fuckign stink.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby failsworthblue » Sat May 06, 2017 6:18 pm

They all know but cannot admit it.

If there has been a better player than our Dave over the last five years then we have missed hime :D :D
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 am

MOTD - Pickford has just made three world class saves.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 07, 2017 1:21 pm

I read somewhere that Southampton were interested in Pontus Jansson at Leeds, to replace Van Dijk when/if he transfers elsewhere in the summer.

Given Southampton's successes in their transfer dealings, I wonder if we should check out Jansson for ourselves, possibly saving a potential boatload of cash in the process ??

PS He's currently on loan from Torino.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby phips » Mon May 08, 2017 1:39 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:Or just play Gunn.

a City manager promote someone from the youth academy? fat chance.

Garcia.

3 league appearances in 2 seasons (8 appearances in domestic comps) doesnt really count.

Your timing was impeccable.
He played him last week.

does matter if Pep played 11 academy products last week. my point is still valid and right.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:15 am

phips wrote:3 league appearances in 2 seasons (8 appearances in domestic comps) doesnt really count.

phips wrote:does matter if Pep played 11 academy products last week. my point is still valid and right.

Hold on. First off, I like most others would like to have seen more academy players promoted, but your still wrong.
Your point may be valid but poorly phrased, but your definitely not right.
It sounded to me like just another broad swipe that covers a lot but contains nothing really.

Read what you wrote:
phips wrote:a City manager promote someone from the youth academy? fat chance.

Well this was less than a week after Pep started one in the league, so your wrong.
8 appearances in two seasons? The guy is still 19. He's played 4 times in the league, 3 times this season under Pep and has been on the bench 10 times.
9 times this season under Pep. I'd have like to see him a little more, but he's been heavily involved in the squad this year.
Pep, will be judged by the players he brings through, but you can't hold him accountable for what has gone on in the last two years.

Now if what you mean is, you would love to see more getting a chance to prove themselves and would hope that we may see that progress further under pep's stewardship, then why didn't you just say that.

You're not on your own Phips, but there's a few on here that I sometimes wonder about.
I sometimes think 'A City fan on the forum, say something constructive about the club or manager. Fat Chance'

If your going to have a moan at least be accurate.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Mon May 08, 2017 1:56 pm

accurate? how about the fact that your appearance stats are wrong? accurate? how about the chance that you can't seem to spell "you're"?

my post was entirely accurate and seems pretty damn straightforward to me. promoting someone from the academy doesnt mean him being on the bench as a spectator or getting 2 mins at the end of match...or appearing 8 times in 2 seasons. promoting means a permanent upward motion...as in, barring his own injury, he's always either starting or on the bench. or the first name left off due to squad size. not like a whack-a-hole that pops up every so often. imagine if you got promoted to a higher position at work and the following day they said youre back to your old position. and then a month later you get promoted again (yay!) but then youre back down to youre old position for the next 3 months. thats not a promotion.

promotion of an academy product is what Spurs has done with Harry Kane or what Everton have done with Tom Davies, for example.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 08, 2017 2:11 pm

phips wrote:accurate? how about the fact that your appearance stats are wrong? accurate? how about the chance that you can't seem to spell "you're"?

my post was entirely accurate and seems pretty damn straightforward to me. promoting someone from the academy doesnt mean him being on the bench as a spectator or getting 2 mins at the end of match...or appearing 8 times in 2 seasons. promoting means a permanent upward motion...as in, barring his own injury, he's always either starting or on the bench. or the first name left off due to squad size. not like a whack-a-hole that pops up every so often. imagine if you got promoted to a higher position at work and the following day they said youre back to your old position. and then a month later you get promoted again (yay!) but then youre back down to youre old position for the next 3 months. thats not a promotion.

promotion of an academy product is what Spurs has done with Harry Kane or what Everton have done with Tom Davies, for example.

Oops
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:26 pm

phips wrote:accurate? how about the fact that your appearance stats are wrong? accurate? how about the chance that you can't seem to spell "you're"?

promotion of an academy product is what Spurs has done with Harry Kane or what Everton have done with Tom Davies and Mason Holgate, for example.

Fat Chance?
When he played an academy player from the start the week before. 50 minutes against Middlesboro' on 30th of April.....that makes what you wrote factually incorrect. Wrong.
You're going on about Garcia over a two year period playing 8 games.This is Pep's first season and the kid won't be 20 until the end of June.
You're now talking of promoting a player akin to Harry Kane playing for Spurs whereas the original comment you made was in relation to remarks myself and Mase made about giving Angus Gunn a chance rather than spending big on a keeper again.
You in your inimitable way said there was fat chance of a Manchester City manager promoting an academy kid.
I pointed out that he had played Garcia that very week which in my book shows that there is far more than a 'FAT CHANCE' of this happening.

As for the stats you're talking about being wrong?
Pep has played him, against Middlesboro' as pointed out above.
Bournemouth on 17/9/16 and West Brom 29/10/16 and he also got 4 minutes last season against Middlesboro' 11/5/16.
Not enough in my book, which we agree on, but those are the stats.

I try my best to be civil on here, even to those I don't get on with. But go away you're starting to annoy me.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Tosin has signed a new deal, fat chance he'll get promoted to the senior team though.
Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Mon May 08, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:30 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Tosin has signed a new deal, fat chance he'll ever play for the senior team though.

Don't you start.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 08, 2017 2:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Tosin has signed a new deal, fat chance he'll ever play for the senior team though.

Don't you start.

lol ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon May 08, 2017 3:29 pm

If you're admonishing anyone about solecisms, Phips old chap, can you just use a slightly shorter paragraphic style please, in making and delivering your point.

It just makes it easier to read and fully comprehend.

Thank you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Tosin has signed a new deal, fat chance he'll get promoted to the senior team though.

He doesn't need to be, he's already in it.

Great news anyway.

To be fair, I do not expect him to be one of the 4 centre halves Pep goes with next season unless he wants a 5th to if he plays with 3 at the back..

My guess is it will be made up of Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov, and a new signing so he has a good chance to go out on loan next season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon May 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Tosin has signed a new deal, fat chance he'll get promoted to the senior team though.

That's great news. I do think he has a chance with the senior team. He may have been held back because of the contract dispute as often happens. Prior to that he seemed to be well favoured by His Pepness.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Not being funny, but how do you know, mate? There is nothing at all on the OS.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Not being funny, but how do you know, mate? There is nothing at all on the OS.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ID=HP_BN_1
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Spanish press saying Txiki and Soriano are working on a "bomb" signing that would be the most expensive of the summer, leading to speculation it is for Messi, Neymar, or Mbappe.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum