Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:29 am

Rags in for Arnautovic.

Chortle
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:36 am

nottsblue wrote:Rags in for Arnautovic.

Chortle

Fucking comedy. :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:59 am

Anyone remember Bobby Duncan, the wonderkid cousin of Steven Gerrard who left us to become the Dippers' second coming, then left them to become the hero of Fiorentina, then left them to become Derby's main man?

Well, he's just joined Spanish third-tier club Real Balompédica Linense, aged 21 and with just 90 minutes of senior football under his belt (180 minutes if you include the Auto Windscreens Shield)...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:03 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Anyone remember Bobby Duncan, the wonderkid cousin of Steven Gerrard who left us to become the Dippers' second coming, then left them to become the hero of Fiorentina, then left them to become Derby's main man?

Well, he's just joined Spanish third-tier club Real Balompédica Linense, aged 21 and with just 90 minutes of senior football under his belt (180 minutes if you include the Auto Windscreens Shield)...

That’s mental. He was class for our kids. Badly advised to go to Liverpool and then was badly advised to go to Fiorentina.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:20 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Anyone remember Bobby Duncan, the wonderkid cousin of Steven Gerrard who left us to become the Dippers' second coming, then left them to become the hero of Fiorentina, then left them to become Derby's main man?

That’s mental. He was class for our kids. Badly advised to go to Liverpool and then was badly advised to go to Fiorentina.

Wow hahahaha
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:57 pm

rumour doing the rounds...

de jong to psg
bernardo to barca
verratti to city
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:rumour doing the rounds...

de jong to psg
bernardo to barca
verratti to city

Verratti, 29 years of age, never played anywhere but in France, 1.65m, never won the CL....................unproven is the kindest thing I can think of saying
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Dimples wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:rumour doing the rounds...

de jong to psg
bernardo to barca
verratti to city

Verratti, 29 years of age, never played anywhere but in France, 1.65m, never won the CL....................unproven is the kindest thing I can think of saying

Well that would be a really bad deal for us. But it has to be bollocks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:52 am

Angelino has gone to Hoffenheim on loan.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:06 am

stupot wrote:Angelino has gone to Hoffenheim on loan.

RB just signed a highly rated left back I think, so it’s no surprise to see Angelino off.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:13 am

Mase wrote:

RB just signed a highly rated left back I think, so it’s no surprise to see Angelino off.

better quality than zinch going forward but about as poor defensively. I read he had other options over here but he must be settled in Germany. good luck to him
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:30 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:

better quality than zinch going forward but about as poor defensively. I read he had other options over here but he must be settled in Germany. good luck to him

Yeah my thoughts too. People can say he moaned about not playing when here, but we sold him only to buy him back - I’d think I was being brought back to play as well, otherwise what’s the point?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:06 pm

We need someone of walkers quality at lb to make the best of our left hand side attackers like grealish
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:14 pm

Wooders wrote:We need someone of walkers quality at lb to make the best of our left hand side attackers like grealish

Agreed. Cancelo at one point on Sunday took the ball off Grealish after Grealish did really well, only to lose it by walking into a defender. I get the feeling Grealish is sometimes scared to express himself because if he’s caught out he knows Cancelo will be halfway up the pitch and it will be classed as a Grealish mistake.

Compare that to the right side and players like Mahrez express themselves just fine because they have Walker sat behind them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 pm

Mase wrote:
Wooders wrote:We need someone of walkers quality at lb to make the best of our left hand side attackers like grealish

Agreed. Cancelo at one point on Sunday took the ball off Grealish after Grealish did really well, only to lose it by walking into a defender. I get the feeling Grealish is sometimes scared to express himself because if he’s caught out he knows Cancelo will be halfway up the pitch and it will be classed as a Grealish mistake.

Compare that to the right side and players like Mahrez express themselves just fine because they have Walker sat behind them.

Grealish can't do anything wrong in your eye. I thought koloarv was the exception :lol:
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:08 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Grealish can't do anything wrong in your eye. I thought
koloarv was the exception :lol:

Apart from being gorgeous, I think he’s class. Hazy was correct all along. He’s perfect for City - holds on to the ball well (as shown by City’s second goal on Sunday) and when he’s on form he’ll terrify defenders running at them. On top of that the amount of shit he gets from opposition fans and he just cracks on with it and has them on strings. I love the guy (Not as much as I love Kola).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:28 pm

Grealish is already showing glimpses of being better than he was in his first season. The whole team looked rusty first half Sunday which is understandable given the lack of pre season.

We've played one competitive game so far, he will get there i am sure.

What is fucking ridiculous was one of the pundits in the build to the prem, can't remember which twat it was said.....

"They should have sold Grealish instead of Sterling".... i defended Razzer to the hilt mainly based on the 3 fantastic seasons he had, but sadly something clearly fucked with his head during/post covid...... and ultimately something he couldn't get over whilst still with us.

As a person, i hope he can kick on and find some form again, just not too much to our detriment of course.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:52 am

These will be the same pundits and press that suddenly decided Jesus was the best striker in the prem when he moved to the arse
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby blues-clues » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 am

Bloody BBC using a twitter account called ManagaingBarca as a source to claim City have agreement to sell Bernado to Barca for "€50-60m" despite the fact that this source actually specifically says that no such agreement has been reached. Bad enough using the crappy Spanish papers as sources but some random Twitter bollox?
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:09 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Grealish can't do anything wrong in your eye. I thought
koloarv was the exception :lol:

Apart from being gorgeous, I think he’s class. Hazy was correct all along. He’s perfect for City - holds on to the ball well (as shown by City’s second goal on Sunday) and when he’s on form he’ll terrify defenders running at them. On top of that the amount of shit he gets from opposition fans and he just cracks on with it and has them on strings. I love the guy (Not as much as I love Kola).

I’ve got your back Mase x
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum