Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm

BEIN Sports say PSG aren't in for Mbappe. I think Qatar pretty well own the outfit so looks kosher.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:14 pm

I think transfer deadline day is going to be absolutely insane this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a £100m+ transfer on it.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:49 pm

We are getting either Sanchez or Mbappe and it will go to the wire by the looks of things . One thing is certain we wouldn't have sold Nacho if we didn't have a replacement lined up .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Let's see now Mbappe, one game wonder is now worth billions.

Get real fellas.

He is very risky business and it ain't your money .

15 mill at the most .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wooders » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:46 pm

zuricity wrote:Let's see now Mbappe, one game wonder is now worth billions.

Get real fellas.

15 mill at the most .

How is he a one game wonder where h wise one?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 pm

zuricity wrote:Let's see now Mbappe, one game wonder is now worth billions.

Get real fellas.

15 mill at the most .

I think he's been more than a one game wonder. Still had a lot to prove mind.....but fuck it lets do a PSG and fuck everyone off and buy the lad!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 pm

LEquipe saying Mbappe wants to join PSG but Monaco don't want him to go there. We've never been favourites but Pep wanted to have a go. Will Monaco stand firm? Can PSG really make this work with FFP? Why did Qatari owned BEIN Arabic say he wasn't going to PSG? A few more twists and turns. We've had a great transfer window whatever happens. Can't wait to see Silva 2 and Mendy.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Fernandinho says we could bring in another left back this window and that Pep has assured him he'll be playing central midfield, not full back, this season.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 am

The Coot wants out of the dipper pond :o
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:The Coot wants out of the dipper pond :o

Yuuuuup..transfer request gone in now.....trouble and strife in dipper land....lovely.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vantage » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 am

edge275 wrote:I think transfer deadline day is going to be absolutely insane this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a £100m+ transfer on it.

Rumour circulating is the clubs haven't received their Sky broadcast revenue yet so it could well mean last minute insanity.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:37 am

Vantage wrote:
edge275 wrote:I think transfer deadline day is going to be absolutely insane this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a £100m+ transfer on it.

Rumour circulating is the clubs haven't received their Sky broadcast revenue yet so it could well mean last minute insanity.

And we all know sky like a transfer deadline day frenzy
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Arry's back for this transfer deadline day. Should be good for a bit of wheeling and dealing
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yuuuuup..transfer request gone in now.....trouble and strife in dipper land....lovely.

Hey Hey Hey Hey, That coooootinio is a rat Hey Hey Hey Hey. Phil the Prisoner ! :lol:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

But but but. The dippers and Klipperty have said he is the bestest player they have got and he loves them and isnt for sale at any price. Yadda yadda yadda istry istry bestest fans ever istry CL pedigree its our year la yadda yadda yadda.

Bet Coutinho cant wait to get out of that rat infested shit hole
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:22 pm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -x8qfhlzx2

Danny Rose’s criticisms of Tottenham Hotspur’s pay structure and transfer dealings are shared by many of his team-mates, who have privately supported his decision to air his grievances earlier this week.

The England left back is prepared to push for a move to Chelsea this month if the Premier League champions follow up on their initial interest with a firm bid before the transfer window closes on August 31, and would also consider joining Manchester United, although they are not expected to make an offer this month.
Tottenham are adamant that Rose is not for sale despite having sold his team-mate and friend Kyle Walker to Manchester City for £54 million last month, and are deeply unhappy with his decision to go public with his frustrations.

However, many of his senior team-mates are supportive as they are similarly frustrated with the club’s pay structure and the fact that the chairman, Daniel Levy, and the manager, Mauricio Pochettino, have not signed a single player this summer.

These Tottenham players’ frustrations are exacerbated by seeing Watford and West Ham United pay new signings nearly double the amount that they are on. Andre Gray, Watford’s £18.5 million signing from Burnley, will earn £95,000 a week at Vicarage Road, while Marko Arnautovic, who joined West Ham from Stoke City for £25 million, is on £110,000 a week.

If they were to sell, Tottenham would want about £50 million for Rose, similar to the fee that they received for Walker. Rose, 27, signed a new five-year contract worth £65,000 a week in September.

Rose is not yet ready to make a formal transfer request, but is standing by his words in an interview with The Sun.
“I am reaching my peak and probably only have one more big contract left in me,” Rose said. “Time is running out and I do want to win trophies. I don’t want to play football for 15 years and not have one trophy or one medal. That’s not what I’m about. I’m not saying I want out but if something came to me that was concrete, I’d have no qualms about voicing my opinions to anyone at the football club.

“I will say this too — I will play up north. I don’t know exactly when, but I will get back up north and play some football somewhere. I moved away from home [from Leeds to Spurs] at 16. Yes I’ve got team-mates who have moved away from families in South Korea and Argentina, but I have been away for over ten years now and I don’t get to see my mum that often. I am going to make it my priority before I retire to play football up there.

“I know my worth and I will make sure I get what I am worth. If I get to levels I reached last season — and this goes out to everybody — I will make sure I get what I am worth. I don’t know how much longer I might have at this level. I’m not going to be stupid enough not to try and get the most out of it — medals, trophies and salary.

“Anyone who thinks this is primarily for money, that is not the case. But I know what I am worth.”

Rose was also critical of the club’s lack of transfer activity this summer, adding: “I would love to see more signings. I want world-class players to come through the front door to make you fight for your place, not players you have to google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ ”

Tottenham have said that Rose’s criticism is an “internal matter”. The club are expected to fine him up to two weeks’ wages, worth £130,000.
Despite his references to a move north it is understood that Chelsea is his preferred destination at present. Antonio Conte has been seeking to add a left back to his squad all summer and after failing to agree a fee with Juventus for Alex Sandro, the Italian is looking at other options, with Rose firmly in his thoughts.
Some Tottenham team-mates, who are thought to include the defender Toby Alderweireld, yesterday asked Rose to explain the complaints he made. The left back went through each of his points and is said to have told the players that he did not want to leave the club.

Walker doubled his wages to £140,000 a week — higher than any Tottenham player’s salary — when he joined City earlier this summer in a transfer that hardened the belief in the Tottenham dressing room that they are underpaid compared with many of their Premier League rivals.

The fact that smaller clubs such as Watford and West Ham are paying higher wages than Tottenham has also focused their minds. Harry Kane’s basic salary at Tottenham, for example, is £90,000 a week, while his fellow England players Dele Alli, Eric Dier and Rose earn considerably less. Tottenham’s players also share Rose’s concerns about the lack of transfer activity at the club after they finished second in the Premier League, particularly in a summer in which Chelsea, United and City have spent almost £500 million between them on new players, with more to follow.

Pochettino has yet to speak to Rose about his comments, as the player is training away from the first team while he continues his recovery from a knee injury that has kept him out since January, but will address the issue publicly today at a press conference before Tottenham’s opening game of the Premier League season away to Newcastle United on Sunday. The club have had talks about trying to sign João Cancelo, the Valencia and Portugal right back, as a replacement for Walker after missing out on two other targets.

Tottenham hope to tie down Alderweireld to a new deal after the transfer window closes. The Belgium centre back has rejected two offers as he wanted £100,000 a week in wages and a release clause in his new deal.

There was better some good news for the club yesterday, with Kieran Trippier hoping to return from an ankle injury against Chelsea a week on Sunday. The right back will miss the Newcastle game.

I predict spuds are going to have a very lackluster season and see some big players force moves out next year. Haven't brought anyone in, and pay their players 1/2 of what they could be making elsewhere. As a player with a 15 year career (max), why would you earn 1/2 of your potential salary while winning fuckall in the meantime?

Spurs ownership are probably looking to sell after their stadium is done, but they've fucked up the chance to keep a great thing going by being cheap fuckers and not investing in their main resource; the playing staff
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:26 pm

I think it is quite clear that Mr. Rose wants to come to City. Add that to Fernandinho's comments about us looking for a second left-back...
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Vantage » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Also judging by his apology he's been soundly b*ll*cked by Spurs...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40901082
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby bigblue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think it is quite clear that Mr. Rose wants to come to City. Add that to Fernandinho's comments about us looking for a second left-back...

Apparently Rose and Walker are good friends and have the same agent. Rose is on 65k/week and we just signed Kyle on 140k/week. Not too hard to see why his head is turned. And it'll only creep into the rest of the squad. Spuds are balking at paying Alderweireld, one of the best defenders in the league, 100k/week. Andre Gray makes 95k/week. Spuds are heading for a big drop off in talent if they keep up their current cheapness

Vantage wrote:Also judging by his apology he's been soundly b*ll*cked by Spurs...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40901082

spuds fans are saying Rose got fined 2 weeks wages. Apologise in public, but can't be good for team moral
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues-clues » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Why would Rose have signed a 5 yr contract last yr for £65k a week if he thought that was his last deal? Must have known there would be better offers about. Made his own bed really. Complaining less than a year into his contract is a pretty poor effort on his behalf
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum