Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:32 pm

PeterParker wrote:Looks like Chris Wood joins Newcastle.
Odd one.

Even more odd - they’re paying £20m for him!!!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:08 pm

Mase wrote:
Odd one.

They had to if they wanted him, that was his release clause
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:24 pm

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
Odd one.

They had to if they wanted him, that was his release clause

I know yeah. £20m for a 30 year old that is a Championship striker at best. Surely there’s better out there for £20m?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:46 pm

Ahhh, he has the same agent as Trippier. Makes sense.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:Just reading that Tommy Doyle and Taylor H-B might be cancelling their loans to move to other clubs in Jan, again on loan.

Any idea why? I know doyle wasnt playing so makes sense but HB looks to have been playing. Worrying for both of them, cant see any making it with us altho i had hopes for HB.

I’m not sure with HB. It is the MEN so it could be wrong to be fair. But looking at it HB hasn’t played anywhere near a full 90 mins since 7th Nov. He’s played a total of 11 minutes since then.

HB signs for Stoke on loan until the end of the season. Hope we get a decent fee in the summer, he can’t have a future here now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:15 am

I’m not sure, notts. He is still only 19 so he has got time on his side. Id like to see how he does at Stoke first before I write him off.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:00 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I’m not sure, notts. He is still only 19 so he has got time on his side. Id like to see how he does at Stoke first before I write him off.

More based on the guys that gave been in and around the first team in the past and present have rarely done so after going on loan. It is incredibly hard to get in our first team set up and it seems decisions are made fairly early on in the Academy as to whether the management think a player will make it with us or whether we look to move them on.

Sounds very harsh and a bit too business like for my personal liking and of course as it's only my personal perception I could very wrong.
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I’m not sure, notts. He is still only 19 so he has got time on his side. Id like to see how he does at Stoke first before I write him off.

He did well at Rovers last season and they wanted him back. He chose to go where Kompany is and you can see why he’d do that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:08 am

nottsblue wrote:

More based on the guys that gave been in and around the first team in the past and present have rarely done so after going on loan. It is incredibly hard to get in our first team set up and it seems decisions are made fairly early on in the Academy as to whether the management think a player will make it with us or whether we look to move them on.

Sounds very harsh and a bit too business like for my personal liking and of course as it's only my personal perception I could very wrong.

I agree - looks like Mbete has the first team slot for now. It's becoming apparent that Pep tends to keep people around he wants to use in the first team.

That said Mbete may be included just because of illnesses and injuries - what do we know?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:18 am

I am gutted Doyle is coming back. A big sign, if you ask me, he is not going to make it.
Hamburg was a perfect place to develop and get game time.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:26 am

PeterParker wrote:I am gutted Doyle is coming back. A big sign, if you ask me, he is not going to make it.

From the little I've read, he wasn't getting the game time? Perhaps he will go out again to the championship as he is talented. We need to be looking at cover for Rodders but I don't see Tommy in that role and now he has Palmer and Mcatee ahead of him for attacking midfield options
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:36 am

salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I am gutted Doyle is coming back. A big sign, if you ask me, he is not going to make it.

From the little I've read, he wasn't getting the game time? Perhaps he will go out again to the championship as he is talented. We need to be looking at cover for Rodders but I don't see Tommy in that role and now he has Palmer and Mcatee ahead of him for attacking midfield options

Maybe that lad from Borussia M we were linked a few times? He is gonna be free in the summer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:15 pm

It’s £25m for Chris Wood!!! Crazy. Just spend that much buying a Championship guy, like the Blackburn player, and take a gamble. Rather than someone who has scored three goals this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:29 pm

Mase wrote:It’s £25m for Chris Wood!!! Crazy. Just spend that much buying a Championship guy, like the Blackburn player, and take a gamble. Rather than someone who has scored three goals this season.

Think he will do ok there. He isn't a mug. Hes scored something like the 13th most PL goals over the last four or five years and this was playing for Burnley who aren't renowned for their attacking tactics.

He will slot right in as he knows the PL and the physicality of it. For comparison a young lad at a French club who is 19 and has scored 8 goals in a far inferior league is being touted at £30m. How many of these types of players have sunk without a trace over the years? Loads I reckon
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:It’s £25m for Chris Wood!!! Crazy. Just spend that much buying a Championship guy, like the Blackburn player, and take a gamble. Rather than someone who has scored three goals this season.

Think he will do ok there. He isn't a mug. Hes scored something like the 13th most PL goals over the last four or five years and this was playing for Burnley who aren't renowned for their attacking tactics.

He will slot right in as he knows the PL and the physicality of it. For comparison a young lad at a French club who is 19 and has scored 8 goals in a far inferior league is being touted at £30m. How many of these types of players have sunk without a trace over the years? Loads I reckon

I still think it’s mental money on someone that will be 31 this year and that is very one dimensional. They’ll literally need to just throw balls into the box and not go through ASM. Seems weird to change your style of play for one player that isn’t very good.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:11 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I still think it’s mental money on someone that will be 31 this year and that is very one dimensional. They’ll literally need to just throw balls into the box and not go through ASM. Seems weird to change your style of play for one player that isn’t very good.

It is a risk, no doubt about it. But they have their two forwards sidelined for a while and their next three games are Watford, Leeds and Everton. Three teams who are in their immediate vicinity and if they lose those three it would be incredibly difficult to avoid relegation which financially would be catastrophic.

It is most probably a very short term signing with the hope he scores goals to keep them up. After that he will either be a squad player or be moved on as Newcastle splash the cash again. I totally get why they have done it
nottsblue

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It is a risk, no doubt about it. But they have their two forwards sidelined for a while and their next three games are Watford, Leeds and Everton. Three teams who are in their immediate vicinity and if they lose those three it would be incredibly difficult to avoid relegation which financially would be catastrophic.

It is most probably a very short term signing with the hope he scores goals to keep them up. After that he will either be a squad player or be moved on as Newcastle splash the cash again. I totally get why they have done it

What I find odd is that Newcastle looked like they are linked with only unknown players. Football players, in their definition, are money-grabbing mercenaries, can't understand why. Either they keep it super-secret, or they have a real problem on their hands.

I wonder if they have problems with clubs close to the cartels that refuse to talk with them, or even players.
We really got one of the most exciting players of that year, to be fair, in Robinho.

Odd.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:39 pm

PeterParker wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

What I find odd is that Newcastle looked like they are linked with only unknown players. Football players, in their definition, are money-grabbing mercenaries, can't understand why. Either they keep it super-secret, or they have a real problem on their hands.

I wonder if they have problems with clubs close to the cartels that refuse to talk with them, or even players.
We really got one of the most exciting players of that year, to be fair, in Robinho.

Odd.

They will be very limited in who will want to come at this stage as well with relegation a very real threat. European competition participation at this moment is a long long way off.
nottsblue

Postby Dimples » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:34 am

Win, win, lose - Newcastle, Woods, Burnley.
Woods is a good fit for where Newcastle are this season - avoid relegation.. Honest, grafter, focal point, good header, physicality, Trip to supply him, etc...
He will be marginalized next season when better players are brought in. He will not care as he will have filled his pockets at 31.
Good luck to him.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:36 am

Dimples wrote:Win, win, lose - Newcastle, Woods, Burnley.
Woods is a good fit for where Newcastle are this season - avoid relegation.. Honest, grafter, focal point, good header, physicality, Trip to supply him, etc...
He will be marginalized next season when better players are brought in. He will not care as he will have filled his pockets at 31.
Good luck to him.

Don't disagree with this. I quite like Woods limited though he may be if given the service, he will thrive. Question will be can they play to his strengths and get players up and around him. Relegation will cost them a year but they will storm back as they will be able to keep what they have and also improve on it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum