Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby blues2win » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:50 am

Isnt Harwood Bellis a loan deal?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:55 am

blues2win wrote:Isnt Harwood Bellis a loan deal?

Yep. Season long loan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:56 am

blues2win wrote:Isnt Harwood Bellis a loan deal?

He was out on loan in Belgium so I'd be surprised if he wasn't
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:37 am

I see Sam Lee reports that Southampton are closing in on signing Romeo Lavia with a buy back clause. Signing Kalvin Phillips made a move away pretty inevitable. What of Kayky?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:10 am

blues2win wrote:I see Sam Lee reports that Southampton are closing in on signing Romeo Lavia with a buy back clause. Signing Kalvin Phillips made a move away pretty inevitable. What of Kayky?

FFS :lol: What the fuck is going on?! Lavia is 18, not 19 until next year. Why is he being sold?!’
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:10 am

blues2win wrote:I see Sam Lee reports that Southampton are closing in on signing Romeo Lavia with a buy back clause. Signing Kalvin Phillips made a move away pretty inevitable. What of Kayky?

10m is great money!

I assume with egan riley we will get the buyback clause as it can be part of the reason we loan harwood bellis.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:20 am

Dubciteh wrote:

10m is great money!

I assume with egan riley we will get the buyback clause as it can be part of the reason we loan harwood bellis.

Egan Riley is out of contract mate. All Burnley have to do is agree compensation with us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:34 pm

Mase wrote:

FFS :lol: What the fuck is going on?! Lavia is 18, not 19 until next year. Why is he being sold?!’

Too good for Eds, not likely to be first team. Send him to Southampton to develop at top flight level.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:46 pm

branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

Too good for Eds, not likely to be first team. Send him to Southampton to develop at top flight level.

Why not just a loan then?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:47 pm

branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

Plus £10-12M is decent change
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby branny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:54 pm

sheblue wrote:
branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

£10m in the coffers and not our problem if he's not good enough with a buy back just in case. Southampton do the hard work. Either way we get the benefit.
branny

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:02 pm

branny wrote:
sheblue wrote:
branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

£10m in the coffers and not our problem if he's not good enough with a buy back just in case. Southampton do the hard work. Either way we get the benefit.

That’s one way to make sure we don’t attract decent kids to the academy in the future.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:16 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

10m is great money!

Egan Riley is out of contract mate. All Burnley have to do is agree compensation with us.

Yeah i get that but I wouldn’t be loaning them harwood bellis unless they play ball on Egan Riley if that makes sense?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby branny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:32 pm

Mase wrote:

That’s one way to make sure we don’t attract decent kids to the academy in the future.

As an elite level team? Of course we will. Some players know they are CFG signings with little hope of making the first team. Hasn't stopped them signing. The % that go on to make it at the club is obviously going to be very minimal but having City on your cv will make clubs take notice as is currently the case with the youngsters that are heading out of the door. There's plenty of decent players around who haven't made it at City but have gone on to have decent careers.
branny

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:57 pm

branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

As an elite level team? Of course we will. Some players know they are CFG signings with little hope of making the first team. Hasn't stopped them signing. The % that go on to make it at the club is obviously going to be very minimal but having City on your cv will make clubs take notice as is currently the case with the youngsters that are heading out of the door. There's plenty of decent players around who haven't made it at City but have gone on to have decent careers.

Exactly

You have the best education off the field, which parents will love

And then train amongst some of the best players in the country in the best facilities. That alone will be a major draw for most aspiring players. And as Branny says if they don’t make it at City the drop down is still to a decent club. Look at who we have sold players to over the last few years. Dortmund, Southampton, Schalke, Leverkusen, Leipzig, Leeds, Sporting Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Barcelona to name a few top flight teams. Then there are loads of others who go to tier 2 teams as well.
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:
branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

Exactly

And then train amongst some of the best players in the country in the best facilities. That alone will be a major draw for most aspiring players. And as Branny says if they don’t make it at City the drop down is still to a decent club. Look at who we have sold players to over the last few years. Dortmund, Southampton, Schalke, Leverkusen, Leipzig, Leeds, Sporting Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Barcelona to name a few top flight teams. Then there are loads of others who go to tier 2 teams as well.

Sorry worded it wrong, that’s one way to make sure we don’t keep hold of decent talent in the future.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:27 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

Exactly

Sorry worded it wrong, that’s one way to make sure we don’t keep hold of decent talent in the future.

Foden has shown there is a pathway to the first team IF you're good enough but as I said, they'll be few and far between. Most will get the grounding and be moved on at a profit providing funds to buy players already at the level we want.
branny

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:33 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

Exactly

We have all the facilities to give young players the chance to grow as professionals and to a certain degree it’s up to them to show they are good enough.

I know opinion is somewhat slightly divided on this subject. Some of us would like to see some of these young lads given more minutes, especially in games where we are winning comfortably and I myself am very much in this camp. But equally as a club these days we are the best domestically and we want to win the ultimate prize in European football and as such we can’t afford to play too many untried players as the margins between winning and losing are so small. It’s a catch-22 situation

So only the very best will make it to the first team which thus means the vast majority won’t make it with us. And we can’t keep players indefinitely on the hope they might come good next year or the year after. There will be next crop of players in the year behind who are chomping at the bit as well.

Lavia as an example is a DM. He has Rodri in the first team in his position. Last year Rodri was pivotal to our success and is one of the best in his position in Europe. And we have just bought an established England international in Phillips as cover. So for someone like Lavia to progress his career he needs to be playing and he isn’t going to get that chance at City so it makes sense for both him and the club to sell him so he gets minutes elsewhere and we get funds in the coffers. Win/win

Same for the goalie Bazuna. And no doubt most of the others that move on. Of course there are always going to be players who excel at their new clubs and then we question why we sold them. Sancho at Dortmund is a prime example. But had he stayed would his career have followed the same trajectory? Probably not as he had Sterling and Sane in front of him. But as mentioned earlier, hindsight is everyone’s best friend. We make decisions based on probability at a moment in time
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:38 pm

branny wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
branny wrote:
Mase wrote:

Exactly

Foden has shown there is a pathway to the first team IF you're good enough but as I said, they'll be few and far between. Most will get the grounding and be moved on at a profit providing funds to buy players already at the level we want.

Foden can’t be used as an example - he’s literally a City fan. If the club came to you and said “quit your job for a year and you can be part of the squad. You’ll never play but what an experience” I’m guessing 90% of us would say yes, because we support City.

I guess we’ll see what will happen.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:25 pm

Mase wrote:
Foden can’t be used as an example - he’s literally a City fan. If the club came to you and said “quit your job for a year and you can be part of the squad. You’ll never play but what an experience” I’m guessing 90% of us would say yes, because we support City.

I guess we’ll see what will happen.

Khaldoon said that 85% of the talent entering the academy is local so highly likely that a fair few will support City. Foden has been at the club since he was 4 so more than enough opportunity to show him the door if he wasn’t good enough. I think his talent overrides who he supports on this occasion.
branny

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum