Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:36 pm

Yan Couto had this to say when asked about the reported transfer interest him from Real Madrid.

He said: “Playing for Madrid is an option if they are interested, I’m not going to lie. I’m a Manchester City player, I have a contract there and it’s my dream to play for City.”

Get him back in the summer. Him and Walker can share the games next season. Move Rico into midfield.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Kippax Sean » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:03 pm

The last two or three transfer windows have been largely a disaster and weakened us. You'd have to be optimistic looking ahead to the summer that outgoings and incoming can't be as horrendous.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:07 pm

McAtee on the bench today again. Weird how both McAtee and Palmer said they’d like to go on loan, but it was only Palmer that was told he’d be sold if he wanted to go.

I can only assume that Pep felt let down massively with Palmer, or that he had a stinking attitude. Maybe a bit of both.

McAtee’s season is a bit of a waste. Bobb definitely above him in the pecking order now, and I’d dare say that even though he’s played less, Bobb has developed more for us and the way we play.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:30 am

Mase wrote:McAtee on the bench today again. Weird how both McAtee and Palmer said they’d like to go on loan, but it was only Palmer that was told he’d be sold if he wanted to go.

I can only assume that Pep felt let down massively with Palmer, or that he had a stinking attitude. Maybe a bit of both.

McAtee’s season is a bit of a waste. Bobb definitely above him in the pecking order now, and I’d dare say that even though he’s played less, Bobb has developed more for us and the way we play.

Agree re McAtee now clearly being behind Bobb and woyld be surprised if he comes back to stay with us. Did hear that over the summer he had a couple of training sessions at scouse but came back and said Klopp was a weirdo - this was from his old fella which was a bit of a surprise
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:56 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:McAtee on the bench today again. Weird how both McAtee and Palmer said they’d like to go on loan, but it was only Palmer that was told he’d be sold if he wanted to go.

Agree re McAtee now clearly being behind Bobb and woyld be surprised if he comes back to stay with us. Did hear that over the summer he had a couple of training sessions at scouse but came back and said Klopp was a weirdo - this was from his old fella which was a bit of a surprise

I think we’ll sell McAtee with a buy back, which is a shame. Would love to have seen what he could do here but I think he should have stayed instead of asking to go back to Sheff United. Another year learning under Foden, Kev etc. Saying that, I’d still put him above Nunes in the pecking order :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:17 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

I think we’ll sell McAtee with a buy back, which is a shame. Would love to have seen what he could do here but I think he should have stayed instead of asking to go back to Sheff United. Another year learning under Foden, Kev etc. Saying that, I’d still put him above Nunes in the pecking order :lol:

Our transfers need to be ramped up. Tonight is the last time we will play Madrid without Mbape. Adding to Bellingham V Jr. they have ramped up.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:43 am

Fair point Hazy. I do believe Bellingham had a late change of mind and that we had rhought we'd get him with Paqueta as a Plan B. Plenty seem to be linked to the Girona left back who RM also have a buy-back on so its going to be a big summer window where we need to get things done early due also to the Euros
salford city

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:02 am

If we spend £85m on Paqueta it will show we’ve learnt nothing from Nunes and Phillips.

£85m is mind blowing for such an average player
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:07 pm

Mase wrote:If we spend £85m on Paqueta it will show we’ve learnt nothing from Nunes and Phillips.

Agree entirely. No way we should be spending that much on this kid. Go all out and get the kid from Leverkusen if we are looking to spend that kind of dosh
salford city

Postby john@staustell » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:15 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:If we spend £85m on Paqueta it will show we’ve learnt nothing from Nunes and Phillips.

Agree entirely. No way we should be spending that much on this kid. Go all out and get the kid from Leverkusen if we are looking to spend that kind of dosh

We could value Nunes at 70 million in part ex :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:
salford city wrote:

Listen, if we're in for him at 85 mill then either the Rags will stump up 95 mill or Chavski at 110 mill on an eight year contract.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:56 pm

zuricity wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
salford city wrote:

Listen, if we're in for him at 85 mill then either the Rags will stump up 95 mill or Chavski at 110 mill on an eight year contract.

Then let them and more fool them
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:23 am

How the he'll could mcatee, contracted at city, train with one of our fierce rivals? Lol

Agree re paqueta. Lots of neutral mates raving about him but I'd be underwhelmed esp with that fee. Better than kalvin and nunes but not kev/gundog levels..
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:08 am

According to the beeb gossip, we're in for Ait-Nouri can we send Nunes back as part of the deal?
salford city

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 am

salford city wrote:According to the beeb gossip, we're in for Ait-Nouri can we send Nunes back as part of the deal?

Not seen him. I like Cunha, but could end up like Nunes.

After Nunes kicked off and went on strike, Wolves wouldn’t touch him again unfortunately :(
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:25 am

We need really good transfer business this summer. No More mediocre plan Bs.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:18 pm

Jeremie Frimpong's release clause is only valid in the summer — he could leave Bayer Leverkusen in July 2024. The value of the release clause is €40m with favorable payment terms.

Get him back! Would count as home grown as well?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:43 am

We need statement signings or we'll fall behind Real. £110m for Wirtz should do it.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:47 am

Outcast wrote:We need statement signings or we'll fall behind Real. £110m for Wirtz should do it.

Watched him in borh games against happy hammers as I'd not seen him play. Looks tidy enough
salford city

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:10 pm

What we thinking? £100m+ for Kev - take it or leave it?

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum