Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby phips » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:04 am

patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:SSN breaking news is we are preparing a bid for Aubameyang. Quiet news day perhaps?

Where's our Dortmund ITK, Phips.
Never here when you want him.

for me,

skill on the pitch: Sanchez > Auba
influence on the pitch: Sanchez > Auba
attitude on the pitch: Auba > Sanchez
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:52 am

We have to concentrate all our efforts on landing FB targets. Not that much time till pre season starts. Everything else is gravy.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:06 am

phips wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:SSN breaking news is we are preparing a bid for Aubameyang. Quiet news day perhaps?

for me,

I also think he is better than Sanchez, but I am a bit worried, will he settle here?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:10 am

I see there are reports that Dani Alves has said rumours of him leaving Juve are shit and Stu Brennan says we aren't after Abu - does this mean we've been snubbed by them ;) anyway the earlier poster is right FB are in order before we worry about anything else, at the moment we're going into the season with kids who Pep doesn't seem to rate and Mase's mate
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:22 am

Dunnylad wrote:I see there are reports that Dani Alves has said rumours of him leaving Juve are shit and Stu Brennan says we aren't after Abu - does this mean we've been snubbed by them ;) anyway the earlier poster is right FB are in order before we worry about anything else, at the moment we're going into the season with kids who Pep doesn't seem to rate and Mase's mate

And Fernandinho!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:19 am

phips wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

for me,

I don't see what the problem is with Sanchez' attitude, yeah he can be stroppy but it seems to me that only manifests if his teammates aren't putting the effort in, thats a good thing in my book. It's something Bellamy brought to the side when he was here.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:20 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Quite possibly NB, but I really hope it's true.

Given a choice between Aubameyang and Sanchez, who would you rather go for. Can't see us going for both of them unless Aguero is off, which I can't see happening. Both proven goalscorers who have pace to burn and can play across the front three. Aubameyang has the disadvantage of being African so we'd lose him for the ACONS but he is younger than Sanchez. But Sanchez is probably the more rounded forward in that he could also play as a number 10.

Think it's more likely we could get Aubameyang as I can't see the Arsenal willingly selling us Sanchez

I'd go for Aubemayang. Younger and quicker and more of a forward than Sanchez from what I've seen. SSN did run this story at the same time last year so we'll see what happens.

There's only 6 months between them.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:32 am

So we haven't signed Mendy then? What's going on with this character?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:36 am

Sanchez for me, since Tevez moved on we have lacked a fighter to go with our skill.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Mase wrote:So we haven't signed Mendy then? What's going on with this character?!

this one has always seemed iffy to me and i won't be surprised if we miss out. just a feeling.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mase wrote:So we haven't signed Mendy then? What's going on with this character?!

this one has always seemed iffy to me and i won't be surprised if we miss out. just a feeling.

My thoughts as well Bob and, in any event, if it were a viable option, I feel we would have heard something/anything by now, no matter how small.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Mangala spotted in Lyon. Another loan no doubt.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:05 pm

blues2win wrote:Mangala spotted in Lyon. Another loan no doubt.

CityWatch saying maybe deal up to 18m. Genius work if true.
Obviously still a huge loss on him but no one was willing to pay for him so getting something like 18m would be genius imo
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Here's a bit of info that's getting them excited in the other place - the owner of the site (and mover in elevated circles) just posted
'Sounds like we're closing in on Mendy now that Alves is sorted'
also
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Alice's is not Maicon, until the final he was phenomenal in the CL in a defence that barely let a goal in and was often the best attacker. I work with a Barca fan (a proper one who lived there) and he would have him back in a flash. It's true he might struggle to play 50 games, but we still have plenty of time to get someone we can rotate him with.

too right
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:04 pm

blues2win wrote:We have to concentrate all our efforts on landing FB targets. Not that much time till pre season starts. Everything else is gravy.

I am sure this is happening. We have heard mounds of rumours reading FB's we are "on the verge" of signing.

Reality is Confederations Cup is going to interfere with this process as it affects other potential deals, even indirectly. When that is over deals will happen more swiftly.

I don't agree that everything else is gravy either.

We need another legit scorer and rely on Aguero and Jesus to score most of our goals.

We created many goal scoring opportunities than any PL club but struggled to finish them, and cost us points.

Sanchez is more than a luxury from my standpoint. Someone of his calibre is almost necessary in order to move to the next level, unless someone manages to step up their scoring game. KDB, who scored more the season before, does not seem to be as much of a threat out of the no. 10 role, Sane seems too young/risky to be relied upon, and Raz surely cannot be so who else scores regularly for us then?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:15 pm

blues2win wrote:We have to concentrate all our efforts on landing FB targets. Not that much time till pre season starts. Everything else is gravy.

Gravy

by Raymond Carver.

No other word will do. For that’s what it was.
Gravy.
Gravy, these past ten years.
Alive, sober, working, loving, and
being loved by a good woman. Eleven years
ago he was told he had six months to live
at the rate he was going. And he was going
nowhere but down. So he changed his ways
somehow. He quit drinking! And the rest?
After that it was all gravy, every minute
of it, up to and including when he was told about,
well, some things that were breaking down and
building up inside his head. “Don’t weep for me,”
he said to his friends. “I’m a lucky man.
I’ve had ten years longer than I or anyone
expected. Pure Gravy. And don’t forget it.”

great words
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Of course it would be great to have another top striker but if we don't sort out the fb positions we're fucked. I'm sure we will and perhaps we'll get Sanchez as well.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mangala spotted in Lyon. Another loan no doubt.

CityWatch saying maybe deal up to 18m. Genius work if true.
Obviously still a huge loss on him but no one was willing to pay for him so getting something like 18m would be genius imo

Mangala will be sold, I feel that is certain. We have been holding out for £20m, so agree that 18m would be a good deal and sign for our transfers out, which has already been going well with Mooy and Unal.

Next up Nasri and Joe.

Nasri maybe out for £10-15m and Joe seems to be about the same to me. Both players' wages being the major obstacle, of course.

On the low end those player sales would total over £60m+
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:52 pm

PrezIke wrote:

I am sure this is happening. We have heard mounds of rumours reading FB's we are "on the verge" of signing.

Reality is Confederations Cup is going to interfere with this process as it affects other potential deals, even indirectly. When that is over deals will happen more swiftly.

We need another legit scorer and rely on Aguero and Jesus to score most of our goals.

We created many goal scoring opportunities than any PL club but struggled to finish them, and cost us points.

[color=#40FF00]Sanchez is more than a luxury from my standpoint. Someone of his calibre is almost necessary in order to move to the next level, [/color]unless someone manages to step up their scoring game. KDB, who scored more the season before, does not seem to be as much of a threat out of the no. 10 role, Sane seems too young/risky to be relied upon, and Raz surely cannot be so who else scores regularly for us then?

This is dangerous thinking and I think I'd better wash my mouth out and scrub myself with bleach for suggesting it, but would Diego Costa offer us something different to what we already have ??

He's out of favour at Chelsea and looks to be on his way and I wonder if a cheeky bid might succeed and save us a bit of cash, when compared to other options.

I don't know if he could adapt to Pep's style completely, without losing some elements of his game and he seems to be a particularly distasteful individual to compound matters, but I just wonder if he could do a job for us and, somehow, be a better option than Sanchez ??

Anyway, that's it......now I'm off to seek haven in the nearest anti-nuclear bunker.........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:53 pm

PrezIke wrote:

[color=#40FF00]Sanchez is more than a luxury from my standpoint. Someone of his calibre is almost necessary in order to move to the next level, [/color]unless someone manages to step up their scoring game. KDB, who scored more the season before, does not seem to be as much of a threat out of the no. 10 role, Sane seems too young/risky to be relied upon, and Raz surely cannot be so who else scores regularly for us then?

This is dangerous thinking and I think I'd better wash my mouth out and scrub myself with bleach for suggesting it, but would Diego Costa offer us something different to what we already have ??

He's out of favour at Chelsea and looks to be on his way and I wonder if a cheeky bid might succeed and save us a bit of cash, when compared to other options.

I don't know if he could adapt to Pep's style completely, without losing some elements of his game and he seems to be a particularly distasteful individual to compound matters, but I just wonder if he could do a job for us and, somehow, be a better option than Sanchez ??

Anyway, that's it......now I'm off to seek haven in the nearest anti-nuclear bunker.........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum