Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby hayling22 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:00 pm

Mase wrote:Mino Raiola: “He can and will take the next step. Bayern, Real, Barcelona, City - these are the big clubs he can go to. City have won the championship five times in the last few years, much more than United.”

I’m beginning to like this guy :lol:

Can't see how he can go to Barca, when they are Nickel and Diming over Torres, can't imagine Raiola standing for any of that shit
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:22 pm

hayling22 wrote:
Mase wrote:Mino Raiola: “He can and will take the next step. Bayern, Real, Barcelona, City - these are the big clubs he can go to. City have won the championship five times in the last few years, much more than United.”

Can't see how he can go to Barca, when they are Nickel and Diming over Torres, can't imagine Raiola standing for any of that shit

I still think he’ll end up at Bayern personally.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:18 pm

Mase wrote:
hayling22 wrote:

He'll join us. Pep was smiling talking about him or should I say avoiding talking about him. Something is brewing. We haven't got much competition
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:47 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
hayling22 wrote:

He'll join us. Pep was smiling talking about him or should I say avoiding talking about him. Something is brewing. We haven't got much competition

we haven't got any competition.

Barca and Madrid are finished , rags soon.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby hayling22 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:12 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
hayling22 wrote:

It would explain the fire sale attitude to sell Torres asap
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:39 am

^^^^^^^^
Not so sure we should sell Torres , if anything we should be simply strengthening. Recently we've looked quite thin . Although some great potential is coming through , we need to strengthen not weaken the squad.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 am

zuricity wrote:^^^^^^^^
Not so sure we should sell Torres , if anything we should be simply strengthening. Recently we've looked quite thin . Although some great potential is coming through , we need to strengthen not weaken the squad.

Correct. As is never mentioned we’ve got one of the smallest squads in the Prem. The fact we’ve managed to go top whilst having 3-5 of our best players injured is brilliant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:51 am

Mase wrote:

Correct. As is never mentioned we’ve got one of the smallest squads in the Prem. The fact we’ve managed to go top whilst having 3-5 of our best players injured is brilliant.

Plus Torres is not yet a striker. He was bought as a right winger who has an eye for goal and due to us not having a forward was tried out as a false 9. He looked half decent it must be said and he has done well for Spain in a more central role. So to sell him at 21 when Mahrez is 30 would be a poor move IMO
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:59 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Plus Torres is not yet a striker. He was bought as a right winger who has an eye for goal and due to us not having a forward was tried out as a false 9. He looked half decent it must be said and he has done well for Spain in a more central role. So to sell him at 21 when Mahrez is 30 would be a poor move IMO

And Mahrez is off on a jolly just after Christmas .
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Riola wanting 47mil to broker a deal for haaland, the twat should be locked up wanker
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
hayling22 wrote:

Must admit, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't end up here. God alone knows (and maybe Pep) how he'll fit in with our style of play though.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby littlebig » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:40 pm

He won't fit the wage structure which is what I'm worried about. We have done well to pick up stars just under the very top bracket, and have got good characters into the drressing room. I hope we continue this policy and not get lured by potential
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:47 pm

littlebig wrote:He won't fit the wage structure which is what I'm worried about. We have done well to pick up stars just under the very top bracket, and have got good characters into the drressing room. I hope we continue this policy and not get lured by potential

We simply cannot do this deal if the reported figures are non negotiable - paying his dad and the agent what should reasonably be the transfer fee itself - mental
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Wooders wrote:
littlebig wrote:He won't fit the wage structure which is what I'm worried about. We have done well to pick up stars just under the very top bracket, and have got good characters into the drressing room. I hope we continue this policy and not get lured by potential

We simply cannot do this deal if the reported figures are non negotiable - paying his dad and the agent what should reasonably be the transfer fee itself - mental

Agree.
I think we will get the serbian, Vlahovic, and we might hit the jackpot if this form he has is not temporary. He likes to bully defenders, we are missing someone like that.
We are not going to pay that money for Haaland, but I hope he ends up somewhere away from the Premier League.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:39 pm

If we want the real deal, the superstar, then we pay. We are paying KDB 400K at 30! If Halland gets better with us, it's money well spent.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Agree.
I think we will get the serbian, Vlahovic, and we might hit the jackpot if this form he has is not temporary. He likes to bully defenders, we are missing someone like that.
We are not going to pay that money for Haaland, but I hope he ends up somewhere away from the Premier League.

The the figures reported are probably not correct, they will be eye watering. I'm beginning to think he is simply not worth it. He seems to have picked up a few niggles this season and given his size and style I worry about injuries in a few years.

I for one wouldn't be disappointed if we dont pay exorbitant wages and fees to his representatives.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:05 pm

How can Torres be even thinking of joining - Not a pot to piss in FC. Cash-strapped Barcelona plan to drop on-loan wonderkid Yusuf Demir for SIX WEEKS to dodge triggering an £8.5m contract clause, which forces them to sign him if he plays 10 games, before January. Is Harry Kane’s brother the agent.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby hayling22 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Hazy2 wrote:How can Torres be even thinking of joining - Not a pot to piss in FC. Cash-strapped Barcelona plan to drop on-loan wonderkid Yusuf Demir for SIX WEEKS to dodge triggering an £8.5m contract clause, which forces them to sign him if he plays 10 games, before January. Is Harry Kane’s brother the agent.....

How can the rumours be true that Barca are trying for Haaland? Are these people deluded, apparently not a pot to piss in, yet think they can break a transfer record and fees, at the same time behaving like paupers with Torres
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:02 pm

hayling22 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:How can Torres be even thinking of joining - Not a pot to piss in FC. Cash-strapped Barcelona plan to drop on-loan wonderkid Yusuf Demir for SIX WEEKS to dodge triggering an £8.5m contract clause, which forces them to sign him if he plays 10 games, before January. Is Harry Kane’s brother the agent.....

How can the rumours be true that Barca are trying for Haaland? Are these people deluded, apparently not a pot to piss in, yet think they can break a transfer record and fees, at the same time behaving like paupers with Torres

Rumours that Torres knows we’re going for Haaland and that’s why he wants out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Mase wrote:
hayling22 wrote:

Rumours that Torres knows we’re going for Haaland and that’s why he wants out.

I think he just is a weird character and never wanted to come here in the first place.
That interview when he said Valencia forced him out comes to mind.

I really think losing him is ok, he isn't special, even if this year he looked a bit better that last year.
We will manage, but I hope we will get the right money for him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum