Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Don't know about what it is in Pogbas but we could buy 3 Evertons with the cash spent if all these deals with Monaco come off

£114m for an 18yr old with one season under his belt?

Really really hope this isn't true. A little part of me feels football will have lost a bit more soul if it happens

Can't help but agree NB.
It's all getting ridiculous.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun May 28, 2017 12:32 pm

I agree as well. I find all of these galactico links discouraging. it doesn't take any imagination to round up a bunch of established superstars and hope for the best. and it's no guarantee of success, either. see e.g. the rags.

And yes, I can see how we might be accused of doing the same but to me there's a difference between, say an ibrahimovich and a sane or jesus.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 28, 2017 1:14 pm

blues2win wrote:MEN says Newcastle in for Mangala. We're asking 15 million for him. 15 million! Makes you weep.

Wouldn't pay any attention to what the MuEN has to say, it is now part of the Daily Mirror stable and has changed its editorial policy to fit in with that degenerate rag's.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:I agree as well. I find all of these galactico links discouraging. it doesn't take any imagination to round up a bunch of established superstars and hope for the best. and it's no guarantee of success, either. see e.g. the rags.

And yes, I can see how we might be accused of doing the same but to me there's a difference between, say an ibrahimovich and a sane or jesus.

Good differentiation Bob.

Signing players like this, for mega fees, is, to a certain extent, both exciting and terrifying at the same time, as well as being absolutely necessary in the grander scheme of things. We badly need to re-build a depleted squad, almost overnight but, in a different aspect, it might well suit our owners as well, as it provides worldwide publicity for City, the CFG and, therefore, Abu Dhabi.

However, I just hope this is the last time (i.e. the next couple of transfer windows) that we have to do this kind of business because, in the future, we'll have a continual conveyor belt of talent coming through from the EDS ranks.

In the meantime, we just need to strap ourselves in and marvel at the ride.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:I agree as well. I find all of these galactico links discouraging. it doesn't take any imagination to round up a bunch of established superstars and hope for the best. and it's no guarantee of success, either. see e.g. the rags.

Signing players like this, for mega fees, is, to a certain extent, both exciting and terrifying at the same time, as well as being absolutely necessary in the grander scheme of things. We badly need to re-build a depleted squad, almost overnight but, in a different aspect, it might well suit our owners as well, as it provides worldwide publicity for City, the CFG and, therefore, Abu Dhabi.

However, I just hope this is the last time (i.e. the next couple of transfer windows) that we have to do this kind of business because, in the future, we'll have a continual conveyor belt of talent coming through from the EDS ranks.

I think its crazy but we need o get to another level, we have shed loads of money, why not, just wish we had gived Rennes the Small amount Dortmund paid for Dembelle I said he would be amazing, he is 50/60 mill now and going to be another Yaya for years to come.i saw the lad three times live when he was 17 and told as many people at City to sign him or at least watch him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Sun May 28, 2017 2:13 pm

really hope we do not sign Mbappe or Neymar.
spend the money elsewhere.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Scatman » Sun May 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Mbappe has one season under his belt. He is in no way established, no more so than sane
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Scatman » Sun May 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
blues2win wrote:MEN says Newcastle in for Mangala. We're asking 15 million for him. 15 million! Makes you weep.

i bet he will be brilliant for them...

You're probably right NT.

It almost makes me feel as though we are some sort of footballing philanthropists, altruistically helping sides who are financially less well off than we are.

Well we propped up half of Italy for a while, maybe the new strategy is English clubs that might keep united out of the top 8.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

One is desperation. Buying the most promising youth is different but I don't see it as much better to be honest.
Some other club has given these a chance and the ones who have blossomed have come to world attention.
We have a bunch of talent in our academy that will never get the same chance at City at this rate.
Not unless we let them go and have a buy back clause on the best of them.
It's a little disheartening as far as I'm concerned.
Spending over £100m on anyone, let alone a teenager. It's not a sport anymore.

I suppose I won't be complaining when I see us play amazing football next season, but still. The game is dying year on year.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Scatman wrote:

Mbappe has one season under his belt. He is in no way established, no more so than sane

Sorry but Mbappe had proven more than Sané at this point.

It would be a crazy fee but hard to see such a drop off from where he is pending a big injury and he should get better.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Mendy just tweeted a pic of himself on a private plane Manchester bound .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 28, 2017 3:08 pm

City64 wrote:Mendy just tweeted a pic of himself on a private plane Manchester bound .......

Lovely.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
City64 wrote:Mendy just tweeted a pic of himself on a private plane Manchester bound .......

Lovely.
https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/8 ... 6663226368
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Sun May 28, 2017 3:33 pm

City64 wrote:

Lovely.

Sorry lads, fake news, he hasn't anything like that on his official Insta or twitter....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:58 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:

Lovely.

Sorry lads, fake news, he hasn't anything like that on his official Insta or twitter....

Have we been "Trumped" ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Sun May 28, 2017 3:59 pm

It's in French but stands up the idea that he's flown to Manchester for his medical. The picture was on snapchat apparently. Mentions having talked to his entourage.

https://sport.sfr.fr/football/mercato/m ... m=referral
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 28, 2017 4:17 pm

He's in Paris.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Sun May 28, 2017 4:22 pm

No mate he's motor biking to Manchester. You can see Greggs in the background!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 28, 2017 4:28 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

One is desperation. Buying the most promising youth is different but I don't see it as much better to be honest.
Some other club has given these a chance and the ones who have blossomed have come to world attention.
We have a bunch of talent in our academy that will never get the same chance at City at this rate.
Not unless we let them go and have a buy back clause on the best of them.
It's a little disheartening as far as I'm concerned.
Spending over £100m on anyone, let alone a teenager. It's not a sport anymore.

I suppose I won't be complaining when I see us play amazing football next season, but still. The game is dying year on year.

Good post, just the way I see it.
That's why I made the comment earlier about this thread sounding more and more like rag cafe.
Maybe the idea of the youth set up is just to sell them on for profit, not to play them.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 28, 2017 4:30 pm

blues2win wrote:No mate he's motor biking to Manchester. You can see Greggs in the background!

LOL

Gregg's should open a branch on the Champs Elysees. They'd make a fortune.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum