Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:50 am

Dubciteh wrote:
blues2win wrote:Zach to Burnley to replace Pope?

You would suspect his level his higher than that? Captain of the US team, he is decent keeper just not the keeper for us. He will want to play wherever he goes given the WC so maybe Burnley is a possibility.

He's rubbish mate. Let us down big time and Burnley would be a good living
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 pm

Phillips done for 42m. Seems reasonable.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:21 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Phillips done for 42m. Seems reasonable.

Some lad from the academy goes there for £5M as well. Brings the outlay down a bit :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:38 pm

Gabriel Jesus: Arsenal reach agreement for Manchester City striker
By David Ornstein
June 24, 2022Updated 9:49 PM GMT+1

Gabriel Jesus: Arsenal reach agreement for Manchester City striker.
Arsenal have reached an agreement with Manchester City for the signing of Gabriel Jesus for £45 million, The Athletic understands.

Jesus, 25, was Arsenal’s first-choice striker target for the current transfer window and has also attracted interest from Chelsea and Tottenham.

Some elements of the deal still need to be finalised, but the Brazil international is on course to become Arsenal’s fourth acquisition of the summer after the arrivals of Marquinhos, Matt Turner and Fabio Vieira.

Jesus moved to City in 2016 and there is a year left on his contract. He has scored 58 goals and recorded 32 assists in 159 Premier League matches during his time at the Etihad Stadium.

Mikel Arteta worked with the forward while he was assistant to Pep Guardiola between 2016-2019.

By joining Arsenal, who have qualified for the Europa League, Jesus would be foregoing Champions League football for at least one season.

Arsenal begin their 2022-23 Premier League campaign away to Crystal Palace on August 5.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Gabriel Jesus: Arsenal reach agreement for Manchester City striker
By David Ornstein
June 24, 2022Updated 9:49 PM GMT+1

Gabriel Jesus: Arsenal reach agreement for Manchester City striker.
Arsenal have reached an agreement with Manchester City for the signing of Gabriel Jesus for £45 million, The Athletic understands.

Jesus, 25, was Arsenal’s first-choice striker target for the current transfer window and has also attracted interest from Chelsea and Tottenham.

Some elements of the deal still need to be finalised, but the Brazil international is on course to become Arsenal’s fourth acquisition of the summer after the arrivals of Marquinhos, Matt Turner and Fabio Vieira.

Jesus moved to City in 2016 and there is a year left on his contract. He has scored 58 goals and recorded 32 assists in 159 Premier League matches during his time at the Etihad Stadium.

Mikel Arteta worked with the forward while he was assistant to Pep Guardiola between 2016-2019.

By joining Arsenal, who have qualified for the Europa League, Jesus would be foregoing Champions League football for at least one season.

Arsenal begin their 2022-23 Premier League campaign away to Crystal Palace on August 5.

Good deal for us. Even better if there is a sell on clause as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 am

£45m for someone that scored 8 league goals and 4 of them were in one match. Brilliant business for us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:05 am

Mase wrote:£45m for someone that scored 8 league goals and 4 of them were in one match. Brilliant business for us.

If the figure quoted is correct that is a good deal for us and pays for Phillips. Good luck Gabs but I cannot think why you would choose arsenal
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:41 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:£45m for someone that scored 8 league goals and 4 of them were in one match. Brilliant business for us.

If the figure quoted is correct that is a good deal for us and pays for Phillips. Good luck Gabs but I cannot think why you would choose arsenal

Mane less than 30 mill we get 40+ for Jesus, the worlds gone mad. Good luck to Jesus he was a kid when he arrived, but as yoy say, Arsenal.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:57 am

Hazy2 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Mane less than 30 mill we get 40+ for Jesus, the worlds gone mad. Good luck to Jesus he was a kid when he arrived, but as yoy say, Arsenal.

I think he’ll find out what it’s like in the real world once he’s there and barely getting 1-2 chances a game. Good luck to him, when it doesn’t work out and he goes abroad he’ll probably wonder why he left us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:23 am

salford city wrote:

Agree entirely. Far better clubs out there for Gabs why he chose Arsenal fuck knows ? Hey ho good deal for us though . Philips needs to sharpen up big time , looks a tad lazy and slow when playing for Leeds and Southgates shit show . Think the City tempo and Peps coaching will take him to the level required, hope so anyway and he has the best to learn off in Rodri who himself took a season to improve and become the outstanding player he is today.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:44 am

City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Agree entirely. Far better clubs out there for Gabs why he chose Arsenal fuck knows ? Hey ho good deal for us though . Philips needs to sharpen up big time , looks a tad lazy and slow when playing for Leeds and Southgates shit show . Think the City tempo and Peps coaching will take him to the level required, hope so anyway and he has the best to learn off in Rodri who himself took a season to improve and become the outstanding player he is today.

We could see an even better Rodri if he’s kept fresh by having Phillips as competition. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:10 am

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

We could see an even better Rodri if he’s kept fresh by having Phillips as competition. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.

Rodders outstanding last season but played a lot of games , must have come close to burn out around February / March time . Phillips will hopefully lesser the burden.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:34 am

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Rodders outstanding last season but played a lot of games , must have come close to burn out around February / March time . Phillips will hopefully lesser the burden.

Agree wirh this and above. Also gives us the option of pushing Rodders further up and have Phillips behind which is not resting Rodders but giving us different options.
salford city

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Agree wirh this and above. Also gives us the option of pushing Rodders further up and have Phillips behind which is not resting Rodders but giving us different options.
salford city

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:

salford city

If the figure quoted is correct that is a good deal for us and pays for Phillips. Good luck Gabs but I cannot think why you would choose arsenal[/quote]
Agree entirely. Far better clubs out there for Gabs why he chose Arsenal fuck knows ? Hey ho good deal for us though . Philips needs to sharpen up big time , looks a tad lazy and slow when playing for Leeds and Southgates shit show . Think the City tempo and Peps coaching will take him to the level required, hope so anyway and he has the best to learn off in Rodri who himself took a season to improve and become the outstanding player he is today.[/quote]

We could see an even better Rodri if he’s kept fresh by having Phillips as competition. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.[/quote]
Rodders outstanding last season but played a lot of games , must have come close to burn out around February / March time . Phillips will hopefully lesser the burden.[/quote]

salford city

If the figure quoted is correct that is a good deal for us and pays for Phillips. Good luck Gabs but I cannot think why you would choose arsenal[/quote]
Agree entirely. Far better clubs out there for Gabs why he chose Arsenal fuck knows ? Hey ho good deal for us though . Philips needs to sharpen up big time , looks a tad lazy and slow when playing for Leeds and Southgates shit show . Think the City tempo and Peps coaching will take him to the level required, hope so anyway and he has the best to learn off in Rodri who himself took a season to improve and become the outstanding player he is today.[/quote]

We could see an even better Rodri if he’s kept fresh by having Phillips as competition. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.[/quote]
Rodders outstanding last season but played a lot of games , must have come close to burn out around February / March time . Phillips will hopefully lesser the burden.[/quote]

salford city

salford city

Postby dazby » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:25 pm

Yeah but what if we want to push Rodders up?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:27 pm

I can see Rodri moving further forward to the Gundo role in the future. He’s got a good engine and we saw at Arsenal once he’s further forward he’s keen to get in the box and mix it up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum