Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:38 am

James McAtee snubs loan offers to stay at Manchester City amid positive talks over a new contract for the 19-year-old midfielder
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am

Mase wrote:James McAtee snubs loan offers to stay at Manchester City amid positive talks over a new contract for the 19-year-old midfielder

This can only be good news with him and Palmer banging on the door. I'd like to see them both start on Saturday. Pleased that we have not loaned him out - that bodes well for him
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 pm

blues2win wrote:Cancelo extends his contract. Not a transfer but very good news.

Indeed. There could have been a bit of a concern that after the attack he and his family suffered recently might put them off staying in England.

Great news
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 pm

McAtee will screw us over just watch. The next sancho.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:45 pm

Dubciteh wrote:McAtee will screw us over just watch. The next sancho.

What makes you think so Dc?

Baring in mind Sancho isn't really setting things alight over in rag land, yeah he was great in crout land but he's a classic case of Billy Big bollocks gone wrong now he's back in prem. Hopefully a warning to the likes of any of our academy/EDS about grass being greener....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:36 am

CTID Hants wrote:

Baring in mind Sancho isn't really setting things alight over in rag land, yeah he was great in crout land but he's a classic case of Billy Big bollocks gone wrong now he's back in prem. Hopefully a warning to the likes of any of our academy/EDS about grass being greener....

Fine margins with the youngsters. City obviously look at the whole package including attitude and not just talent. Sancho was a good example when compared to Foden City took Foden on tour and Sancho spat hia dummy out and left which we were happy for him to do alrhough I believe, we asked him to stay? Cannot say I'm arsed with Sancho, he's not ripping up trees and is missing games at rhe swamp because of the Portuguese always starting. Looks like we believe in Mcatee else he would have gone out on loan so looks promising for him
salford city

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:00 am

salford city wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Fine margins with the youngsters. City obviously look at the whole package including attitude and not just talent. Sancho was a good example when compared to Foden City took Foden on tour and Sancho spat hia dummy out and left which we were happy for him to do alrhough I believe, we asked him to stay? Cannot say I'm arsed with Sancho, he's not ripping up trees and is missing games at rhe swamp because of the Portuguese always starting. Looks like we believe in Mcatee else he would have gone out on loan so looks promising for him

Only got to look at Braaf to further prove your point. Talent wise he looks spot on - attitude has been a question mark for years and because of that it looks like City are happy to let him go the way of Sancho.

McAtee seems different and the club look like they’re doing all they can to get him to sign. The video of him celebrating Kev’s goal against Chelsea from the bench makes me think he’s not a sulker.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:58 am

salford city wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I seem to do this a lot my nephew sadly a rag but David Silva fan. Tells me Sancho is overrated and has no pace. Squad player never worth the insane money he just isn’t.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:08 am

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manc ... -dmn6grltd

I so hope this is true. We need Rodri to extend too. No doubt about Foden extending. We’ll see what happens with Sterling. Fernandinho will presumably finish this year. Shorter term extensions for Gundogan and Mahrez given their ages?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Outcast » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:12 pm

blues2win wrote:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-city-confident-bernardo-silva-will-sign-new-contract-dmn6grltd

I so hope this is true. We need Rodri to extend too. No doubt about Foden extending. We’ll see what happens with Sterling. Fernandinho will presumably finish this year. Shorter term extensions for Gundogan and Mahrez given their ages?

I ain't subscribing
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:14 pm

ITK in another place has lit the blue touch paper for Erling takeoff :!:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:ITK in another place has lit the blue touch paper for Erling takeoff :!:

Haha going to be a long time until the summer! Would be funny as fuck to have him here - the red shit meltdown would be immense
salford city

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:08 pm

Mase wrote:James McAtee snubs loan offers to stay at Manchester City amid positive talks over a new contract for the 19-year-old midfielder

Signed until 2026. See OS.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:09 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Signed until 2026. See OS.

That’s brilliant news! I’m buzzing!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:53 pm

salford city wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I don't think attitude will be a problem. His Dad was a talented amateur rugby league player and by that I mean one of the best of his generation. He signed pro with St Helens and played first team at 16. Big things were expected but it never quite happened for him for one reason or another. He was known to be quite vocal. No idea whether that was part of the problem but hopefully he will feel he has a chance to put things right through James.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:53 pm

branny wrote:
salford city wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I don't think attitude will be a problem. His Dad was a talented amateur rugby league player and by that I mean one of the best of his generation. He signed pro with St Helens and played first team at 16. Big things were expected but it never quite happened for him for one reason or another. He was known to be quite vocal. No idea whether that was part of the problem but hopefully he will feel he has a chance to put things right through James.

I know mate i was not suggesting it would be with him. I mentioned in another thread that he is a kid from Ordsall and i know a lad who has played against his granddad in his league days. Being a blue in Ordsall tells you all you need to know - you can count us on the fingers of one hand
salford city

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:01 pm

salford city wrote:
branny wrote:
salford city wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I know mate i was not suggesting it would be with him. I mentioned in another thread that he is a kid from Ordsall and i know a lad who has played against his granddad in his league days. Being a blue in Ordsall tells you all you need to know - you can count us on the fingers of one hand

still quite a bunch in those parts I'm told ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:24 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Was just a hunch, i thought the delay was a tactic. Glad to be totally wrong on that and delighted to be wrong!

Between foden, palmer and mcatee we potentially have something to rival iniesta/xavi etc coming through. Very exciting times
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby branny » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:28 pm

salford city wrote:
branny wrote:
salford city wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I'm ex-Ordsall myself. Went to school there. My brother in law knows his Dad. He played for the same amateur team.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:53 am

Fine margins with the youngsters. City obviously look at the whole package including attitude and not just talent. Sancho was a good example when compared to Foden City took Foden on tour and Sancho spat hia dummy out and left which we were happy for him to do alrhough I believe, we asked him to stay? Cannot say I'm arsed with Sancho, he's not ripping up trees and is missing games at rhe swamp because of the Portuguese always starting. Looks like we believe in Mcatee else he would have gone out on loan so looks promising for him[/quote]

I don't think attitude will be a problem. His Dad was a talented amateur rugby league player and by that I mean one of the best of his generation. He signed pro with St Helens and played first team at 16. Big things were expected but it never quite happened for him for one reason or another. He was known to be quite vocal. No idea whether that was part of the problem but hopefully he will feel he has a chance to put things right through James.[/quote]

I know mate i was not suggesting it would be with him. I mentioned in another thread that he is a kid from Ordsall and i know a lad who has played against his granddad in his league days. Being a blue in Ordsall tells you all you need to know - you can count us on the fingers of one hand[/quote]

I'm ex-Ordsall myself. Went to school there. My brother in law knows his Dad. He played for the same amateur team.[/quote]

Small world mate I went to Ordsall high myself . I know alot of lads who played for Irlam hornets - did myself so knew of the rugby league connection in his family. Lets hope he gets some game time at weekend to go with the new contract
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum