Pep is the bestest, bestest thing since sliced bread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep is the bestest, bestest thing since sliced bread

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:You wont see nqdp till we lose again....

Eh?
Also, have I really ever doubted that Pep isn't the right man? One thing though, back four and we are back to winnjng ways and playing good football. Hope that was last of that back three nonsense.

That back three nonsense has chelsea top of the league with a savage amount of clean sheets.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of a back three but it wasn't the main problem.
It was the players being asked to do it.

Yeah, but with players we got it was never going to work. Chelsea actually have three centerbacks for starters.

Save your breath pal some just see what they want to see from their TV . Our defence is garbage , Yaya and Silva immense today was just like watching them at there peak in 2012 and 2014 absolutely superb today a class above anything Arsenal have .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:51 pm

I thought Pep got the team selection spot on today. Stones is in no sort of form but managers often pick players just because they cost alot. I'm not convinced that Pep selects all the players we buy. I just wonder if he doesn't fancy Stones? Kolarov is in there before him having spent his career as s left back. Either WA, Pep got it spot on.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:08 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I thought Pep got the team selection spot on today. Stones is in no sort of form but managers often pick players just because they cost alot. I'm not convinced that Pep selects all the players we buy. I just wonder if he doesn't fancy Stones? Kolarov is in there before him having spent his career as s left back. Either WA, Pep got it spot on.

Bollocks he got dead lucky. Toast...
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Spurge » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Well whatever the reason pleased as fuck that we showed character and got the result. We showed both vulnerability and passion and it came good. We missed a striker in the first half no doubt but found answers in the second half where our extra strength in midfield shone through winning back possession MAKING TACKLES and finding space particularly for Dave. Yaya as mentioned rolled back the years. Agree one swallow doesn't make a summer but id like to think others are migrating and headed in the same direction.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Spurge wrote:Well whatever the reason pleased as fuck that we showed character and got the result. We showed both vulnerability and passion and it came good. We missed a striker in the first half no doubt but found answers in the second half where our extra strength in midfield shone through winning back possession MAKING TACKLES and finding space particularly for Dave. Yaya as mentioned rolled back the years. Agree one swallow doesn't make a summer but id like to think others are migrating and headed in the same direction.

Probably sums it up about right! Thought arsenal were poor at the time, but in hindsight, we really were right on it 2ND half.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Spurge wrote:Well whatever the reason pleased as fuck that we showed character and got the result. We showed both vulnerability and passion and it came good. We missed a striker in the first half no doubt but found answers in the second half where our extra strength in midfield shone through winning back possession MAKING TACKLES and finding space particularly for Dave. Yaya as mentioned rolled back the years. Agree one swallow doesn't make a summer but id like to think others are migrating and headed in the same direction.

Great post. Take a bow.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:16 pm

He has nothing to prove, he has shown again against a live opposition without his star man and best MF We are lucky to have him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Original Dub wrote:We have been better than every team we played except spurs.

We have beaten Barcelona.
We would be one point behind chelsea if the referee wasn't a rag.

We are dominating every match. We have had some desperate bad luck and some of the players are no longer at the level needed for this new way of playing.

I can see that a mile away.

The weirdest thing about this season is the whinging fuckers that can't seem to see this.

The whinging fuckers who believe we're having our first fan protest by stating that fans no longer want to attend matches due to the standard of football.

The whinging fuckers who want pep guardiola sacked four months into the job.

Spoilt fucking cunts. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I hang my head forb daring to question. Personally I think Pep read the thread and sorted his sorry arse out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Great post Original Dub.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Great post Original Dub.

I sort of agreed but don't you think it's a bit ironic that Mr Dub is now whinging about Blues whinging?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Pep in?
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:21 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Pep in?

Was he ever out?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:03 am

I'm not whinging about others having a whinge. As I've said numerous times there are problems that need sorting and wherever there is problems there will be whinging.

What I don't get is the spoilt bastards who want to have the best manager in world football sacked four months into the job.

And I don't get the spoilt bastards who are trying to tell us that there is some kind of protest that is building because of the terrible situation we find ourselves in and the football we're being forced to endure.

Fucking mindblowing stuff.

Truly embarrassing.
Original Dub

Postby aaron bond » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:43 am

Original Dub wrote:I'm not whinging about others having a whinge. As I've said numerous times there are problems that need sorting and wherever there is problems there will be whinging.

What I don't get is the spoilt bastards who want to have the best manager in world football sacked four months into the job.

And I don't get the spoilt bastards who are trying to tell us that there is some kind of protest that is building because of the terrible situation we find ourselves in and the football we're being forced to endure.

Truly embarrassing.

Out of interest, who has been asking for Pep to be sacked?
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:45 am

aaron bond wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm not whinging about others having a whinge. As I've said numerous times there are problems that need sorting and wherever there is problems there will be whinging.

Truly embarrassing.

I believe some were making the case that if it were anyone else, the question would certainly have been raised by now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:08 am

Slim wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Truly embarrassing.

I believe some were making the case that if it were anyone else, the question would certainly have been raised by now.

I did that but I don't think that was unreasonable. Raising that issue is not the same thing as saying that I think Pep should be sacked. Most other managers would have had three games to turn it around after Leicester IMO.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:09 am

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:You wont see nqdp till we lose again....

Eh?
Also, have I really ever doubted that Pep isn't the right man? One thing though, back four and we are back to winnjng ways and playing good football. Hope that was last of that back three nonsense.

That back three nonsense has chelsea top of the league with a savage amount of clean sheets.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of a back three but it wasn't the main problem.
It was the players being asked to do it.

Yeah, but with players we got it was never going to work. Chelsea actually have three centerbacks for starters.

Seconded. Don't start thrapping off just yet. Arsenal were worse than Watford. And nowhere near as good as Bournemouth.

And Barcelona?

The way I look at it is that we are nearly always better than the other team - by a long way. Whether we slip up at the back or fail to convert numerous chances is another matter to be corrected, but I believe we are easily the best team.

The days when we are actually shite are very few and far between, unlike the past, when we were bad we were bad! Even without Aguero, Fernandinho, Gundogan and a decent centre half we utterly outclassed Arsenal. And Chelsea too really.

That must be progress? Even if it is a bit hairy sometimes
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:46 am

Truly embarrassing.

I think you'll find that nobody was really saying that they wanted Pep sacked, more debating the point about the situation at the time and the main talking point being the adoption of a 3 man defence. The question was asked if he could be more pragmatic and address our weaknesses. Well, the answer was a clear 'Yes', and although we are still susceptible to some crap defending, the system now adopted at least goes in some way to mitigating that.

As for spoilt bastards, I don't quite understand that. We have the match thread which is always knee-jerk as it's a post at time, not an overall evaluation of the game. The rest of the threads are more considered after the game finishes and where issues should be discussed in a more sensible manner, which I think we do.

It's your post that screams smacked Arse mate, telling all on the board that they shouldn't debate issues.

We're all passionate about City mate, and that's why there's some absolute drivel posted. But that's the nature of the board, and why it's used, wouldn't you say?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:51 am

Slim wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Truly embarrassing.

I certainly said that I stick to that assesment. I've supported this club long enough to know that there's always usually the minority who will bring the sacking in table early on if and when we are struggling. The fact that EVERYONE knows that the are no managers with better or even comparable pedigree has definitely given Pep extra room to operate.

How that means "get rid of the manager" though? You tell me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am

There were posts calling him clueless, saying he's been found out and is a fraud.

We have others constantly telling us that we are a total shambles and no players care. That fans have stopped attending matches as a direct result of the football this manager has us playing.

That's right, we're apparently in the middle of our first fan protest for a fucking age.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum