Pep is the bestest, bestest thing since sliced bread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep is the bestest, bestest thing since sliced bread

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:28 am

Original Dub wrote:There were posts calling him clueless, saying he's been found out and is a fraud.

We have others constantly telling us that we are a total shambles and no players care. That fans have stopped attending matches as a direct result of the football this manager has us playing.

That's right, we're apparently in the middle of our first fan protest for a fucking age.

So noone was calling for him to be sacked then?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:34 am

Original Dub wrote:There were posts calling him clueless, saying he's been found out and is a fraud.

We have others constantly telling us that we are a total shambles and no players care. That fans have stopped attending matches as a direct result of the football this manager has us playing.

That's right, we're apparently in the middle of our first fan protest for a fucking age.

I've not read that mate, probably just some ramblings inbetween. I've noticed a few saying they'll get rid of their STs but that was to do with the way the game was going with the series issues identified with he officials, not Pep's football.

Like I said mate, we're all passionate souls and this is where we come to either let off steam or talk issues. Today's a good day, the majority are happy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:38 am

Coms said he should be replaced. And no-one cared.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:58 am

Slim wrote:Coms said he should be replaced. And no-one cared.

Was that Coms spelt like 'coMs'? I assumed he was a Rag and the use of the capital 'M' was for the derogatory 'Massive'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm not whinging about others having a whinge. As I've said numerous times there are problems that need sorting and wherever there is problems there will be whinging.

What I don't get is the spoilt bastards who want to have the best manager in world football sacked four months into the job.

And I don't get the spoilt bastards who are trying to tell us that there is some kind of protest that is building because of the terrible situation we find ourselves in and the football we're being forced to endure.

Fucking mindblowing stuff.

Truly embarrassing.

As for spoilt bastards, I don't quite understand that. We have the match thread which is always knee-jerk as it's a post at time, not an overall evaluation of the game. The rest of the threads are more considered after the game finishes and where issues should be discussed in a more sensible manner, which I think we do.

Ive mentioned this before , and it needs highlighting again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 am

Slim wrote:Coms said he should be replaced. And no-one cared.

Perhaps no one bothered to comment since that is nothing short of idiotic suggestion.

I wonder though, do some people read the official match thread and make conclusions from that? Most people will say stupid things during the game and honestly, I don't think people ahould be kept accountable for what they say in heat of the moment during the game. I usually curse every single player in our XI while watching the game one time or another during the 90 minutes. Doesn't mean I think they are all shit.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:07 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm not whinging about others having a whinge. As I've said numerous times there are problems that need sorting and wherever there is problems there will be whinging.

What I don't get is the spoilt bastards who want to have the best manager in world football sacked four months into the job.

And I don't get the spoilt bastards who are trying to tell us that there is some kind of protest that is building because of the terrible situation we find ourselves in and the football we're being forced to endure.

Fucking mindblowing stuff.

Truly embarrassing.

As for spoilt bastards, I don't quite understand that. We have the match thread which is always knee-jerk as it's a post at time, not an overall evaluation of the game. The rest of the threads are more considered after the game finishes and where issues should be discussed in a more sensible manner, which I think we do.

I've mentioned this before, and it needs highlighting again.

We have the match thread which is always knee-jerk as it's a post at time, not an overall evaluation of the game.

There you go mate ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:24 am

What was that Beefy? Can you clarify?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:25 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:What was that Beefy? Can you clarify?

He's writing that some people on this forum can't control what they type or think rationally during a game.

They go a bit loopy and type dumb shit. When they get called on it they use this as their escape clause.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:28 am

dazby wrote:

He's writing that some people on this forum can't control what they type or think rationally during a game.

They go a bit loopy and type dumb shit. When they get called on it they use this as their escape clause.

You'd use a match day thread as rational thought?

Interesting.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:15 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

I've not read that mate, probably just some ramblings inbetween. I've noticed a few saying they'll get rid of their STs but that was to do with the way the game was going with the series issues identified with he officials, not Pep's football.

Like I said mate, we're all passionate souls and this is where we come to either let off steam or talk issues. Today's a good day, the majority are happy.

Of course mate, the bent officiating would be enough to drive anyone crazy.

But we're being told on here that the reason for the empty seats is because the fans have had enough of the team. I personally think that is horseshit used to peddle some sort of weird agenda and I hope it is, because if the fans are protesting against the team, we're heading for disaster.

And I know the match thread is the place for screaming and shouting. In fact, I said so when another poster tried to tell me to read a match thread to prove how unhappy all the fans were at the moment and I gave him the same answer.

The constant digging at the manager and the Spafia is outside the match threads.
A manager that is four months into the job, has us second in the league and in the knock out stages of the champions league. Soriano, who is doing an unbelievable job of helping us become the fastest growing brand in world football.
Txiki needs to pull his socks up, but labeling them both as failures is at best ignorant and at worst, stupid as shit.

I'm not one of those who say look at where we were ten years ago, but I sure as shit can't stand the raggish self entitlement that has set in from a select few this season.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:31 am

dazby wrote:

Oh, I admire your ability to stay calm and collected during the games. That's not me though and at my age I think we can safely say that will never be me either. I was always certain I'd go by having a heart attack watching us play.

Then again, this is why I mostly haven't bothered with the match thread for years.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:44 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
dazby wrote:

Oh, I admire your ability to stay calm and collected during the games. That's not me though and at my age I think we can safely say that will never be me either. I was always certain I'd go by having a heart attack watching us play.

Then again, this is why I mostly haven't bothered with the match thread for years.

I don't seem to remember Dazby actually posting the in the match thread, more before and after so can give reasoned posts. I seem to remember one of his posts was in favour of the 3 at the back which has obviously been proved wrong for this set of players. I say proved as even Pep has binned it for the time being.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 am

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Of course mate, the bent officiating would be enough to drive anyone crazy.

But we're being told on here that the reason for the empty seats is because the fans have had enough of the team. I personally think that is horseshit used to peddle some sort of weird agenda and I hope it is, because if the fans are protesting against the team, we're heading for disaster.

And I know the match thread is the place for screaming and shouting. In fact, I said so when another poster tried to tell me to read a match thread to prove how unhappy all the fans were at the moment and I gave him the same answer.

The constant digging at the manager and the Spafia is outside the match threads.
A manager that is four months into the job, has us second in the league and in the knock out stages of the champions league. Soriano, who is doing an unbelievable job of helping us become the fastest growing brand in world football.
Txiki needs to pull his socks up, but labeling them both as failures is at best ignorant and at worst, stupid as shit.

I'm not one of those who say look at where we were ten years ago, but I sure as shit can't stand the raggish self entitlement that has set in from a select few this season.

I can understand all of that mate and also understand the need for some who want to talk the issues. It's all relevant.

One to note was the need for Blues to talk about the formation/tactics and where we needed to improve. We can now say 'Sitting comfortably, second in the league' but without Pep being pragmatic and dumping the 3 at the back then we may not have been in that position. During that period we had lost against Chelsea and Leicester, and not won at home in the league since September 17th. Furthermore, we had gone from winning with a system that worked to struggling with a system that really didn't. That's where the discussion came from and hit really struck out to Blues, that's why there was such a debate.

Some may have gone over the top but nothing that we haven't seen before with other managers. It just seems that some are very protective over Pep, and rightly so, but it doesn't mean we should just shut-up and hit Off Topic.

PS. I blame Pep for getting everybody built-up with his promising start. Expectations and all that ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:

I don't seem to remember Dazby actually posting the in the match thread, more before and after so can give reasoned posts. I seem to remember one of his posts was in favour of the 3 at the back which has obviously been proved wrong for this set of players. I say proved as even Pep has binned it for the time being.

Dazbys the village fuckign idiot - doesn't matter what he says pre match , actual match or post match - hes a thicket.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:

I'm stunned anyone actually posts during a game. If you're posting you're not watching.

3 at the back will be part of our future. Embrace it.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:26 pm

dazby wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:

I'm stunned anyone actually posts during a game. If you're posting you're not watching.

You are stunned that there are some people that can do more than one thing at a time ?

You really are a Prize aren't you.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 pm

dazby wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:

3 at the back will be part of our future. Embrace it.

I'm stunned that you are stunned as from just looking at the posting figures they're the biggest, most utilised threads on the board. I suppose some of us can multi-task afterall.

And, nobody has an issue with 3 at the back, in fact I'd suggest the majority want to see it in its full glory as we'll look outstanding. But not with this group of defenders/players, it doesn't work. If you won't take my word for it, ask Pep.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:35 pm

He had to try it first to find out though didn't he?
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:36 pm

And bollocks to that Beefy. There are plenty here that see 3 at the back as the antichrist. Just check the match threads....oh.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum