Half-term report.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Half-term report.

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:13 pm

John, the problem with your theory is that most of the transition is still to come.
We couldn't manage without Yaya in the first half if the season, Silva will be the next big one to try and replace. The defence (and particularly the full back areas) is a complete pig's breakfast.
Are we writing off the next two/three seasons too on the same basis?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:John, the problem with your theory is that most of the transition is still to come.
We couldn't manage without Yaya in the first half if the season, Silva will be the next big one to try and replace. The defence (and particularly the full back areas) is a complete pig's breakfast.
Are we writing off the next two/three seasons too on the same basis?

I'm i bit in between you and John. I was certain we would "struggle" this season and am not all too disappointed with what I'm seeing. However, i do agree with you in that i didn't think Pep would be quite as pig-headed and uncompromising as he's been. If he will continue to insist on doing it his way or the highway, we will indeed not be able to turn it around within the three years he has indicated that he will give us. The squad is just too old and ill-adapted to his ideas for that.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:14 pm

I think we were bound to struggle given the personnel and the need to bring some quality in.
We haven't been helped though. The ban Fern1 got after the Chavs game whilst Fabregas received no punishment. It's just one example of so so many strange events this season.
The only other comment I would make is the football has been pretty difficult to watch. I can't cope with the tippy tappy stuff, especially at the back.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:41 pm

Just read where he says Komps has been ready for weeks but did not pick him Really ffs with our Shite defense Pig headed sounds about right for this statement
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dimples » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:This is absolutely fantastic. Only a couple of days I said the only thing worse than being shafted by the officials is the aftermath in the media questioning why city always fall short in the big games.

And here's a thread dedicated to it.
It's like it never happened.

Re do that table based on fair officiating.

Because that's real.

And don't call the team shit for being cheated.

I bet some of you cunts also think we went out of the champions league because of what happened in monaco?

Spot on OD.
So many City fans are falling for the Sky/media angle - quickly forgetting how we are shafted by the corrupt system that is enforced through the Refs.
And it is very real, Pep alludes to it all the time, a player tweeted it after a match we won, FFS

I suggest recalculating those points factoring in fair Refs.
I will even help and get it started.

6 Chelsea........
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:57 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Just read where he says Komps has been ready for weeks but did not pick him Really ffs with our Shite defense Pig headed sounds about right for this statement

2 or 3 weeks.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:46 am

Piccsnumberoneblue"]John, the problem with your theory is that most of the transition is still to come.

Not my theory Piccs, just the straight forward facts Mate.
Throughout the celebrated Pellergrini era, City's squad have been allowed to stagnate.
What Pep inherited and was charged with changing was an ageing defence not fit for purpose,
A midfield based on 2 aging players in Fernandinho and Yaya that need to be replaced sooner rather than later and an ageing midfield magician also knocking over 30yrs. Not a lot of my theory in that bunch of facts mate.

so, in this day and age of "INSTANT FOOTBALL TEAM" AND instant expectation, it wouldn't matter if it were Pep or Big Fat Sam, almost a whole team has to be replaced in the next couple of seasons...or overnight if that is how you see it
So not really a problem with my theory at all Mate..Maybe a problem with reality.

So if "My theory" as you label it has flaws, how do you suggest it is resolved?
We could sack Pep maybe and get Pellergrini back. and continue to stagnate as we have over the next couple of seasons.
Only a suggestion Mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Justified logic » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 am

Dimples wrote:
Original Dub wrote:This is absolutely fantastic. Only a couple of days I said the only thing worse than being shafted by the officials is the aftermath in the media questioning why city always fall short in the big games.

Because that's real.

I bet some of you cunts also think we went out of the champions league because of what happened in monaco?

Spot on OD.
So many City fans are falling for the Sky/media angle - quickly forgetting how we are shafted by the corrupt system that is enforced through the Refs.
And it is very real, Pep alludes to it all the time, a player tweeted it after a match we won, FFS

6 Chelsea........

The results are what they are.

We have mostly outscored most of the teams in the lower part of the league - and comfortably.

We have rarely outscored the top teams and struggled for whatever reason - including not holding onto leads and not putting away our chances when we had them.

Solve the leaky defence and misfiring attack problems as they are within our control. All that media, ref and FA bias is not under our control and, frustrating as it is, it should not become a distraction for the team - and that's Guardiola's job to instill a professional attitude in the squad.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Because that's real.

Spot on OD.

6 Chelsea........

The results are what they are.

We have mostly outscored most of the teams in the lower part of the league - and comfortably.

We have rarely outscored the top teams and struggled for whatever reason - including not holding onto leads and not putting away our chances when we had them.

Solve the leaky defence and misfiring attack problems as they are within our control. All that media, ref and FA bias is not under our control and, frustrating as it is, it should not become a distraction for the team - and that's Guardiola's job to instill a professional attitude in the squad.

I agree. We have glaring issues at the back and we are not clinical in attack.

But at the highest level the margins between victory and defeat are very slim.
Seemingly small decisions have a very big effect on the outcome. For example,
1. Yellow card a defender early in a match or just give a free?
2. Call a penalty or wave play on?
3. Wave a red card or ignore the incident (with no retrospective action)?
4. Disallow onside goal or give the goal?

For all of the above questions we usually get the first option.

For as long as that persists everything else is irrelevant. We just cannot win, we are not allowed to.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum