replacing bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:14 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:He’s still fuckin shite!


You're just upset that he hasn't given up a goal since we got rid of Kolarov. :lol:


Bravo isn’t fit to lace Kola’s boots!
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17889
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: replacing bravo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:
dazby wrote:Last night Mat Ryan showed again why he'd be perfect in a Pep system. He played sweeper keeper, was inch perfect with his passing and made a brilliant free kick save from Omar Adbullaraman.

Wasn't he farmed back to Belgium because he was unable to get a game for Valencia? Impressive that he had a great game v the United Arab Emirates. He must be the real deal. And only turning 25 in a week!

By the way, Bravo is taller than Ryan and has been inch perfect with his passing for us so far. He'd be perfect in a Pep system...


I was just going to mention that about his height, some wouldn't be happy with us bringing in another "midget" to play between the sticks.



Little person
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21209
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:57 am

Bravo has showed what he can do. There isn't a keeper in the world that could have performed any better on Tuesday night. Perfect positioning and great performance.

Well done Claudio, I hope you go all the way and help to win us the trophy.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29153
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: replacing bravo

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Has to be Gunn as he has had a strong season at Norwich.

More good news is we would no longer wasting a foreign squad place on a keeper.

Crazy about how Bravo and Hart dropped off a cliff. Interesting as a few other older keepers seem to have gone through this when the view has been keepers age more like fine wine compared to other positions.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: replacing bravo

Postby dazby » Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 am

Sold is stretching it a bit.

Released seems more appropriate.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18583
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: replacing bravo

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 18, 2018 8:00 am

I would keep him.

I think he is a solid rival to Ederson. I know how this might sound, but releasing him could mean that Ederson, who is still young, will drop his performance.
I like Gunn, but I think his footwork is not what Pep wants.

If Bravo goes, I wish him well. Huge influence in our League Cup win this year both with Leicester, Wolves and Arse.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9064
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: replacing bravo

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri May 18, 2018 8:27 am

PrezIke wrote:Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Does that mean Muric is out of the picture, or did you just forget to mention him?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
User avatar
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8971
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Sarajevo, BiH
Supporter of: Team Bridge

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Dubciteh » Fri May 18, 2018 8:49 am

Gunn would be far better playing regularly in championship than warming our bench. Leave him there and he will be englands number one in a couple of years.

Bravo needs replacing, ideally someone english, someone who can play with the ball at there feet and someone content(and cheap) to be second choice but reliable enough when called upon. Cant think of anyone off top of my head.

If hart would be second choice for a season despite not been able to play with ball at his feet he would be ok i guess.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6862
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: replacing bravo

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 18, 2018 8:49 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Does that mean Muric is out of the picture, or did you just forget to mention him?


Surely it has to be Gunn? who incidentally is going with the England squad to Russia as a "training player"

Muric as you say BiB is surely a shoe in over the other two
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am

PrezIke wrote:Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Has to be Gunn as he has had a strong season at Norwich.

More good news is we would no longer wasting a foreign squad place on a keeper.

Crazy about how Bravo and Hart dropped off a cliff. Interesting as a few other older keepers seem to have gone through this when the view has been keepers age more like fine wine compared to other positions.


Haug/Sokol are nowhere near good enough for City and I don't think ever will be. Gunn is clearly good enough but I agree with the thinking that he should a first teamer somewhere to continue his development and noy sitting on the bench. Muric I think will be quality but he is just a kid so surely we will have to bring in and experienced cover or keep Bravo..... or maybe its Joe hart
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10387
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: replacing bravo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:29 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Has to be Gunn as he has had a strong season at Norwich.

More good news is we would no longer wasting a foreign squad place on a keeper.

Crazy about how Bravo and Hart dropped off a cliff. Interesting as a few other older keepers seem to have gone through this when the view has been keepers age more like fine wine compared to other positions.


Haug/Sokol are nowhere near good enough for City and I don't think ever will be. Gunn is clearly good enough but I agree with the thinking that he should a first teamer somewhere to continue his development and noy sitting on the bench. Muric I think will be quality but he is just a kid so surely we will have to bring in and experienced cover or keep Bravo..... or maybe its Joe hart


Am I the only one, that doesn't want Hart anywhere near the squad anymore?
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8292
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Mase » Fri May 18, 2018 9:48 am

Buffon leaving Juve?
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17889
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: replacing bravo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 18, 2018 10:04 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Has to be Gunn as he has had a strong season at Norwich.

More good news is we would no longer wasting a foreign squad place on a keeper.

Crazy about how Bravo and Hart dropped off a cliff. Interesting as a few other older keepers seem to have gone through this when the view has been keepers age more like fine wine compared to other positions.


Haug/Sokol are nowhere near good enough for City and I don't think ever will be. Gunn is clearly good enough but I agree with the thinking that he should a first teamer somewhere to continue his development and noy sitting on the bench. Muric I think will be quality but he is just a kid so surely we will have to bring in and experienced cover or keep Bravo..... or maybe its Joe hart


Am I the only one, that doesn't want Hart anywhere near the squad anymore?


Apart from him being fuckign shit these days , hes alaso a fuckign trouble making cunt.

I want him nowhere near as do most City fans.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21209
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: replacing bravo

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 18, 2018 10:21 am

Mase wrote:Buffon leaving Juve?


Not a cat in hells chance of that Mase, he's been one of our clubs most vociferous opponents over the last 8 years or so (ever since we dared to rock up in the chumps league basically).
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6609
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: replacing bravo

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Does that mean Muric is out of the picture, or did you just forget to mention him?


Completely forgot! He’s clearly ahead of them.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: replacing bravo

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:Buffon leaving Juve?


Not a cat in hells chance of that Mase, he's been one of our clubs most vociferous opponents over the last 8 years or so (ever since we dared to rock up in the chumps league basically).


Some big pundits out here said he is a done deal at ... Scouse.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9064
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: replacing bravo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:Buffon leaving Juve?


Not a cat in hells chance of that Mase, he's been one of our clubs most vociferous opponents over the last 8 years or so (ever since we dared to rock up in the chumps league basically).


Some big pundits out here said he is a done deal at ... Scouse.

Really hope so.
The guy is well in decline.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8292
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Rumours he will be sold and either Gunn or one of our other young keepers (Haug or Sokol?) will become the backup.

Has to be Gunn as he has had a strong season at Norwich.

More good news is we would no longer wasting a foreign squad place on a keeper.

Crazy about how Bravo and Hart dropped off a cliff. Interesting as a few other older keepers seem to have gone through this when the view has been keepers age more like fine wine compared to other positions.


Haug/Sokol are nowhere near good enough for City and I don't think ever will be. Gunn is clearly good enough but I agree with the thinking that he should a first teamer somewhere to continue his development and noy sitting on the bench. Muric I think will be quality but he is just a kid so surely we will have to bring in and experienced cover or keep Bravo..... or maybe its Joe hart


Am I the only one, that doesn't want Hart anywhere near the squad anymore?


Apart from him being fuckign shit these days , hes alaso a fuckign trouble making cunt.

I want him nowhere near as do most City fans.

It's no coincidence stories came out in the red top press against Pep one day after Joe was told he had no future at City. He learnt it from Shrek (his best buddy).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17065
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: replacing bravo

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 pm

not happening next season it seems :(
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5510
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: replacing bravo

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Mase wrote:Buffon leaving Juve?


He can fuck right off after his "My name's Buffon, not buffoon" comment when the media said we were after him.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/mcfc-mcfc-manchestercity-mancity-l3UcheajT7JMcf7Zm[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4831
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron bond, carl_feedthegoat, Cocacolajojo, CTID Hants, Douglas Higginbottom, everyonehatesus, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, ShimmyShaker, South Stand Balti, steelsnail and 72 guests