replacing bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: replacing bravo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:33 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Bravo hasn't made the greatest start of his city tenure. However, the witch hunt is rather ridiculous. He is improving, he couldn't do anything about the Liverpool goal, fantastic header but the defence was at fault. Zaba for not closing Lallana and kolarov for not tracking wijnaldum (sp).

Apart from that he was composed against a Liverpool team who pressed him at every opportunity.

Yesterday he was good again especially down to 10 men he gave us that extra pass option to keep possession. Their goal was one of those melee goal mouth scrambles.

Why isn't anyone pointing out his attributes. I am not his biggest fan and think his shot stopping has been very poor, but give the guy a break. Maybe we would have lost yesterday if Hart was in goal as we would have surrendered possession much more.

This.

He has been considered a top keeper for the past few seasons. He has had to learn and adapt to a new league, but he has a track record for success.

A goalie is a goalie mate , nothing to adapt to - your in goal , you have to save shots ,doesn't matter what country your playing in , its the same job.

His track record playing for us is shite as far as performances go......I don't know one City mate of mine who doesn't get nervous when he comes off his line or there's a free kick against us (I could go on)....most shots at goal on target to his left or right have gone in , hes saved fuckall over the course of the season.

No such thing as time for bedding in for a keeper....he either performs or he doesn't.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Bravo hasn't made the greatest start of his city tenure. However, the witch hunt is rather ridiculous. He is improving, he couldn't do anything about the Liverpool goal, fantastic header but the defence was at fault. Zaba for not closing Lallana and kolarov for not tracking wijnaldum (sp).

Apart from that he was composed against a Liverpool team who pressed him at every opportunity.

Yesterday he was good again especially down to 10 men he gave us that extra pass option to keep possession. Their goal was one of those melee goal mouth scrambles.

Why isn't anyone pointing out his attributes. I am not his biggest fan and think his shot stopping has been very poor, but give the guy a break. Maybe we would have lost yesterday if Hart was in goal as we would have surrendered possession much more.

This.

He has been considered a top keeper for the past few seasons. He has had to learn and adapt to a new league, but he has a track record for success.

A goalie is a goalie mate , nothing to adapt to - your in goal , you have to save shots ,doesn't matter what country your playing in , its the same job.

His track record playing for us is shite as far as performances go......I don't know one City mate of mine who doesn't get nervous when he comes off his line or there's a free kick against us (I could go on)....most shots at goal on target to his left or right have gone in , hes saved fuckall over the course of the season.

No such thing as time for bedding in for a keeper....he either performs or he doesn't.

David De Gea likes this post.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

This.

de gea was a 21 year old rookie when he signed for the rags
clownio is an experienced keeper in his mid 30s
massive difference but let's ignore that
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:43 pm

So what you're telling me NT that despite not having played in England before, just like De Gea when he joined the rags, he shouldn't be given time to settle and/or adapt because of his age?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Disagree. He has been hoofing it a lot recently and we've been losing possession as a result. And if not him, then the fannying around at the back with our defenders and Bravo being closed down more and more with each pass until one of them has to hoof it.

You asked why no one is pointing out his [positive] attributes, well I can't think of any that make him stand out from a poor or very average goalie.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

This.

de gea was a 21 year old rookie when he signed for the rags
clownio is an experienced keeper in his mid 30s
massive difference but let's ignore that

Wasting your time mate , he normally asks a question to a question.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:47 pm

It may have escaped your attention but he didn't ask me a question.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:So what you're telling me NT that despite not having played in England before, just like De Gea when he joined the rags, he shouldn't be given time to settle and/or adapt because of his age?

Not in goal no...not one goalie should be given time to fuckign settle in a new league.......its not like an outfield player having to adapt to the speed of the game or a continental style of play......its a fuckign goal keeper.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It may have escaped your attention but he didn't ask me a question.

Nothing escapes my attention....I can even see when we have a clown in goal.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Loris was lost at Spurs, De Gea dropped or rested? Back to Spa PSG here they come was the thought. I am not seeing the same Bravo as at Barca, however he is far busier in a new side, massive change of football. jury out, lets not give up on him just yet hey! A bit of patience we might look back on this as worth it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Disagree. He has been hoofing it a lot recently and we've been losing possession as a result. And if not him, then the fannying around at the back with our defenders and Bravo being closed down more and more with each pass until one of them has to hoof it.

You asked why no one is pointing out his [positive] attributes, well I can't think of any that make him stand out from a poor or very average goalie.

The hoofing is when all options of the pass are gone. Then it's 50/50. Do you want Harts technique back of trying hit the dugout every time.

I stand by the fact that he was a big part in us winning yesterday by adding that extra option for keeping possession.

Also I like him to go long sometimes too, mix it up and keep the opposition on their toes.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:So what you're telling me NT that despite not having played in England before, just like De Gea when he joined the rags, he shouldn't be given time to settle and/or adapt because of his age?

Not in goal no...not one goalie should be given time to fuckign settle in a new league.......its not like an outfield player having to adapt to the speed of the game or a continental style of play......its a fuckign goal keeper.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Keep licking the window.

Ill also send you some lovely crayons I saw at the local creche.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Keep licking the window.

Oh the irony!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I know it's a photo shot, I posted it.
He's leading with his arm which is clear to see in the pic, that is a foul.

If leading with you arm is a foul then the game would be blown up every other minute.

Clearly having your arm out is not a foul. it only is a foul if you make contact ( i wont even say with the opposition, because it could easily be interpreted as
ungentlemanly conduct).

Oh and since you mentioned the arm being out , what about the elbow and shoulder check to KdB's head in the first half. Will that come before the panel ? I doubt it.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Yep that is what he is saying and he is dead right too.

PEP screwed up badly with Joe and now is on Yaya retreat/denial , or however the reintroduction of Yaya is to be described.
These 'bold' decisions have come back to bite us badly so far.
Last edited by zuricity on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:22 pm

zuricity wrote:

If leading with you arm is a foul then the game would be blown up every other minute.

Clearly having your arm out is not a foul. it only is a foul if you make contact ( i wont even say with the opposition, because it could easily be interpreted as
ungentlemanly conduct).

Oh and since you mentioned the arm being out , what about the elbow and shoulder check to KdB's head in the first half. Will that come before the panel ? I doubt it.

You can't jump into a keeper with your arm outstretched like that, end of. Other end of the pitch and that's blown for a foul all day long.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:25 pm

zuricity wrote:

Yep that is what he is saying and he is dead right too.

PEP screwed up badly with Joe and now is on Yaya retreat/denial , or however the reintroduction of Yaya is to be described.
These 'bold' decisions have come back to bite us badly so far.

What a crock of shit. De Gea had made almost 90 senior appearances for Atletico before his move.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:28 pm

zuricity wrote:

ungentlemanly conduct).

You can't jump into a keeper with your arm outstretched like that, end of. Other end of the pitch and that's blown for a foul all day long.

Clearly you can, as Vokes did. Listen I don't have a problem with Vokes going in . I have a problem with my goalie not punching the ball ( since he cannot jump anyway) - and at the sametime knocking Vokes lights out , as Joe Corrigan would have done. He wouldn't come back again. Furthermore , as others pointed out, there are a few City players in the action, why didn't any one of those players get in the right way and prevent vokes from jumping? You know , it can be done.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sidSmith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:31 pm

The difference for me is his vocal contribution. For all his faults, Hart never shut the fuck up, but at least those in front of him were under no illusion what he wanted them to do. I'm not sure Bravo ever says a word to them, and he certainly doesn't seem to be calling out that much. There was an example yesterday of a simple floated cross that he should have called and caught as no Burnley player was near him or the 2 defenders, yet he just let the defenders clear it.

For me, good keepers boss it at the back.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum