replacing bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Nutzer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:22 pm

nottsblue wrote:Replacing Bravo

Is essential to rescuing our season. End of. If he remains, we will not only end the season potless but we run the very real possibility of ending outside of the top four and CL qualification.

After today's 4-0 thumping we're back in 5th place again. Sadly I can see us finishing even lower in the table this season. I can't see Pep replacing Bravo or his way of making his teams play. Like a Christmas turkey we're well and truly stuffed. :evil: :(
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible that you haven't really grasped the gravity of the situation.
Nutzer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Summerbee

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm

window is open now this must be number one priority
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Why hasn't Gunn been packed off on loan for a season to play some proper big boy football. Now way he can be thrown in next year. No doubt we will buy yet another keeper in the summer.

Have to say I am confused by that one. I think Gunn is the business and should have been loaned out as Joe was to Shrewsbury. He is getting a few games now for the U23's and was MotM on Friday.

Cannot see why Pep is persevering with Bravo now. If he isn't settling in Manchester it may well be showing on the pitch. Some of the goals it's hard to fault him for but top keepers make top saves and he isn't making any at all.

Bravo looks done to me. He has to be replaced next week for his sake and that of the team. We concede some piss poor goals and he says nothing.

Why isn't he going berserk at some of our back line. If I played in front of a back line that was making me look as inept as this one is doing I would be going mental. You don't get a peep out of him.

Apparently he needs time as hes in a new country where the opposition hit the balls differently towards his goal than they did in Spain.

Hes currently the 5 th worst goal keeper out of 27 in this league - There are 27 goalkeepers who have faced 20 shots on target or more this season, and only four have a worse record than Bravo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:40 pm

london blue 2 wrote:window is open now this must be number one priority

Front door back door and the French door are wide open.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Bravo in goal next week against Spurs, really is the stuff of nightmares.

Play like we did today then anything is possible

They will know Bravo is Dog Shit, and shoot on sight, I really do fear a severe pasting. Ali to put “4 “past Coco the Clown anyone ?

Guardiola suffered his heaviest defeat as League managar today.

He wont have to wait long to beat it. ;)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:42 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Bravo in goal next week against Spurs, really is the stuff of nightmares.

They will know Bravo is Dog Shit, and shoot on sight, I really do fear a severe pasting. Ali to put “4 “past Coco the Clown anyone ?

Of course he will start with Spurs. No doubt in my mind about that.

I am more worried/scared about the fact that we have no one lined up to come and take over in the summer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby phips » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:14 pm

zero doubts in my mind Bravo will play in goal for the rest of the season, barring injury or suspension.
cannot see Pep admitting the Bravo mistake.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:23 pm

phips wrote:zero doubts in my mind Bravo will play in goal for the rest of the season, barring injury or suspension.

It's pointless to avoid admitting it. We can all see it. Pep is a tool to keep burying his head.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
phips wrote:zero doubts in my mind Bravo will play in goal for the rest of the season, barring injury or suspension.

It's pointless to avoid admitting it. We can all see it. Pep is a tool to keep burying his head.

Exactly. More than willing to give pep a chance but this needs to be fixed, and the window is open now so fucking fix it!!!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Why hasn't Gunn been packed off on loan for a season to play some proper big boy football. Now way he can be thrown in next year. No doubt we will buy yet another keeper in the summer.

Have to say I am confused by that one. I think Gunn is the business and should have been loaned out as Joe was to Shrewsbury. He is getting a few games now for the U23's and was MotM on Friday.

Cannot see why Pep is persevering with Bravo now. If he isn't settling in Manchester it may well be showing on the pitch. Some of the goals it's hard to fault him for but top keepers make top saves and he isn't making any at all.

Bravo looks done to me. He has to be replaced next week for his sake and that of the team. We concede some piss poor goals and he says nothing.

Why isn't he going berserk at some of our back line. If I played in front of a back line that was making me look as inept as this one is doing I would be going mental. You don't get a peep out of him.

Apparently he needs time as hes in a new country where the opposition hit the balls differently towards his goal than they did in Spain.

Hes currently the 5 th worst goal keeper out of 27 in this league - There are 27 goalkeepers who have faced 20 shots on target or more this season, and only four have a worse record than Bravo.

I'm struggling to think of the 4 who are worse. I'm also struggling to think of the saves he's made this season, let alone the saves you wouldn't expect him to make which is what top keepers do.

I accept he's been a good keeper in the past, but this looks like Seaman to me
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby branny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:43 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Bravo in goal next week against Spurs, really is the stuff of nightmares.

Predictions for next week.
We'll waste any gilt edged chance we create.
Aguero will be anonymous.
Otamendi will spend most of the game being put on his arse by Kane.
They'll score from a defensive error.
Alli and Eriksen will have a field day.
Spurs will adopt a shoot on sight policy.
The only time Bravo will touch the ball with his hands is when picking it out of the net.
Spurs won't need a dodgy penalty to beat us.
When we're losing, no subs until the final quarter.
Pep will say it's very difficult for the players when we have all the possession and Spurs score with their first shot.

Same shit, different opponent.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Well this genuinely could be a big point regarding the long term future of Pep. If he is so cock sure and blinkered that he just keeps on playing this cunt then it shows that as a manager he doesn't have what it takes in the prem. We all make mistakes but if you can't admit it for the better of the team he will hold us back or even make us worst than when he joined.
He can expect a lot of shit from the press and rightly so imo, you can't be this stupid.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby branny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:22 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Well this genuinely could be a big point regarding the long term future of Pep. If he is so cock sure and blinkered that he just keeps on playing this cunt then it shows that as a manager he doesn't have what it takes in the prem. We all make mistakes but if you can't admit it for the better of the team he will hold us back or even make us worst than when he joined.
He can expect a lot of shit from the press and rightly so imo, you can't be this stupid.

I wonder if he made his mind up about Hart after his Euro performances for England. The man has won 2 league titles with us so for Pep to show him the door without being given a chance is looking like a very foolish, disrespectful and arrogant decision, especially without an adequate replacement.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:07 pm

branny wrote:

The only time Bravo will touch the ball with his hands is when picking it out of the net.
Pep will say it's very difficult for the players when we have all the possession and Spurs score with their first shot.

Only one defensive error ??

I think it could be more than that, but I can't argue with the rest of your list, other than perhaps we won't get any gilt edged chances.

Overall, I think Spurs will run riot. I have a really sinking feeling with regard to the outcome of this game and we could be in for a real pasting.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
branny wrote:

I think it could be more than that, but I can't argue with the rest of your list, other than perhaps we won't get any gilt edged chances.

Overall, I think Spurs will run riot. I have a really sinking feeling with regard to the outcome of this game and we could be in for a real pasting.

I too am fearful at this moment for the spuds game. This more than any other I would gladly take the scruffy 1-0 MC. In fact I'd even take a dull as ditchwater 0-0
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
branny wrote:

I too am fearful at this moment for the spuds game. This more than any other I would gladly take the scruffy 1-0 MC. In fact I'd even take a dull as ditchwater 0-0

I invariably agree with you NB and it's no surprise that I do again :(

In a way, it feels as though the Spurs game is more about damage limitation than anything else. If they do cut us to pieces and we lose heavily, our season, such as it is at the moment, will go into a further downward spiral at a rapid rate of knots and we could even struggle to finish in the top half of the table.

Spurs must be rubbing their hands in delight and salivating in anticipation of playing ourselves.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:45 pm

5th worst? The only keeper who I can think of who is worse is Mannone and he isn't even Sunderland's first choice keeper!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

I'm struggling to think of the 4 who are worse. I'm also struggling to think of the saves he's made this season, let alone the saves you wouldn't expect him to make which is what top keepers do.

I accept he's been a good keeper in the past, but this looks like Seaman to me

Absolutely this. I heard his save % stats stood at around 60%. That means he must have made some saves. I can't recall them. As you rightly say, I can't think of a single moment where he has made a great save to swing a game our way.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:37 pm

If he brought Hart back during this window it would give the players a huge lift! Hart back. Kompany back. Jesus coming in. Could potentially change our season completely.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Bravo has to be dropped after that effort today. Is pep really going to persist with a keeper who is allegedly good with his feet but concedes so easily. That is a massive imbalance. It makes no sense to persist with this flawed approach any longer.

Surely Pep can see that Bravo needs a 'rest'. If not he's a fool.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum