replacing bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: replacing bravo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:only one option for me and that's hugo lloris
if the spafia have anything about them they will look to do a deal with spurs that involves hart (+ cash and the standard wage subsidy).

No paying of wages and I'd be ok with that swap to be honest.

How much cash are we talking? Not that Spurs would consider this anyway.

Show us another stat telling us Bravo is one of the best goalies in the world, and we can then all ignore what we all see, game after game, as being a figment of our imagination.

You still haven't given me an example of a goal he was solely responsible for us conceding.

I did , you just preferred to ignore it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:31 pm

You mentioned the goal against the rags which was as much if not more Stones fault.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:You mentioned the goal against the rags which was as much if not more Stones fault.

If that's how you see it then fine - the rest of the planet disagrees with your version.
I also take it , your fine with this clown on goal.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:You mentioned the goal against the rags which was as much if not more Stones fault.

If that's how you see it then fine - the rest of the planet disagrees with your version.

If that's not the way it is then educate me.

What I've seen is a keeper struggling for form, there have been a number of goals conceded where he may have done better, you'd expect a top keeper to be saving some of them but he has been nowhere near as bad as some are making out. It's got to the stage with this witch hunt where everything he does he's getting pilloried for it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What I've seen is a keeper struggling for form, there have been a number of goals conceded where he may have done better, you'd expect a top keeper to be saving some of them but he has been nowhere near as bad as some are making out. It's got to the stage with this witch hunt where everything he does he's getting pilloried for it.

I was/am a fan of bravo but i blame him for the goal yesterday. Pathetic attempt.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He cannot catch , he cannot command his area ,he rarely saves any fuckign shots at goal to his right or left - he is a fucking midget.
The above are based on every fucking game i've seen this season and i've seen every minute of every game.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Bravo hasn't made the greatest start of his city tenure. However, the witch hunt is rather ridiculous. He is improving, he couldn't do anything about the Liverpool goal, fantastic header but the defence was at fault. Zaba for not closing Lallana and kolarov for not tracking wijnaldum (sp).

Apart from that he was composed against a Liverpool team who pressed him at every opportunity.

Yesterday he was good again especially down to 10 men he gave us that extra pass option to keep possession. Their goal was one of those melee goal mouth scrambles.

Why isn't anyone pointing out his attributes. I am not his biggest fan and think his shot stopping has been very poor, but give the guy a break. Maybe we would have lost yesterday if Hart was in goal as we would have surrendered possession much more.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He cannot catch , he cannot command his area ,he rarely saves any fuckign shots at goal to his right or left - he is a fucking midget.
The above are based on every fucking game i've seen this season and i've seen every minute of every game.

Still haven't answered my question.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I was/am a fan of bravo but i blame him for the goal yesterday. Pathetic attempt.

He was fouled on his initial attempt to punch.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I didnt think he was, he should have come out and punched everything in his way players included.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:04 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Joe hart wouldn't have been fouled , he would have commanded that area and punched it out.

So , we all agree , Bravo is NOT a good shot stopper , some of the goals conceded would have been SAVED by a top keeper, hes trying to find FORM and we should give him a break ????

We should ignore the above and focus on his ONE and ONLY ATTRIBUTE...he can pass the ball to a defender , albeit with a few fuckups along the way ala Barca........

Ok - I think I understand you now...........................
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Why is Vokes arm that high in second pic? Clear foul that any keeper would be knocked off balance whilst they're mid jump.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Bravo hasn't made the greatest start of his city tenure. However, the witch hunt is rather ridiculous. He is improving, he couldn't do anything about the Liverpool goal, fantastic header but the defence was at fault. Zaba for not closing Lallana and kolarov for not tracking wijnaldum (sp).

Apart from that he was composed against a Liverpool team who pressed him at every opportunity.

Yesterday he was good again especially down to 10 men he gave us that extra pass option to keep possession. Their goal was one of those melee goal mouth scrambles.

Why isn't anyone pointing out his attributes. I am not his biggest fan and think his shot stopping has been very poor, but give the guy a break. Maybe we would have lost yesterday if Hart was in goal as we would have surrendered possession much more.

This.

He has been considered a top keeper for the past few seasons. He has had to learn and adapt to a new league, but he has a track record for success.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:14 pm

If you remove all the other players and leave it 1 v 1 it would have been given. It was a foul but a difficult one to give with the amount of players all going for it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Wonderwall wrote:If you remove all the other players and leave it 1 v 1 it would have been given. It was a foul but a difficult one to give with the amount of players all going for it.

Yet when you see Mason's position he was perfectly placed to see it

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Image

Why is Vokes arm that high in second pic? Clear foul that any keeper would be knocked off balance whilst they're mid jump.

Can't really be sure that it pans out that way. Vokes is jumping up to head the ball..

1. Look where Clichy is , a defender

2. Yaya is blocking his own goalie as much as anybody else.

3. Pep what are you doing ? WTF is David Silva a not so tall player doing in the middle of the melee ?

4. How come Kolarov is never in the action ?

5. Who TF is Otamendi marking ?
Last edited by zuricity on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 pm

zuricity wrote:

Can't really be sure that it pans out that way. Vokes is jumping up to.

3. Pep what are you doing ? WTF is David Silva a not so tall player doing in the middle of the melee ?

Watch the footage again mate, he plants his elbow into Bravo's neck/chest area while he's mid jump. What's he doing with his hand, trying a Maradonna?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Bravo hasn't made the greatest start of his city tenure. However, the witch hunt is rather ridiculous. He is improving, he couldn't do anything about the Liverpool goal, fantastic header but the defence was at fault. Zaba for not closing Lallana and kolarov for not tracking wijnaldum (sp).

I agree with this.

Bravo will always be a media target because of the whole saga with him. Funny how Joe Hart became a media favorite after he left and was missed that much by this bent media, but when he was here, everyone was screaming for him to be replaced in the national team by Butland.

Now, I agree some reactions against Bravo were harsh (myself included called him a clown many times), but I also agree his distribution is fantastic. I think Pep does not care that much who we have in goal, if that person can kick a ball. That is where his whole system of football starts. Pep”s logic is simple and good, if you have the possesion we have, it is really difficult not to win a lot of games and to be fair, he is right. What he did not expect was our poor finishing in the past two seasons. We miss too much.

Now, going back to Bravo, the problem is his age and what are we going to do about it. We need in the summer or next summer (depends on what will happen) someone new. I don't think we are going to keep Bravo until he is 38. The question is who will fill his shoes. I want to say Rulli, but his performances are mixted.

Bravo needs to show his leadership which made him famous at Sociedad and his national team in order to survive here.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:28 pm

zuricity wrote:

Can't really be sure that it pans out that way. Vokes is jumping up to head the ball.

Watch the footage again mate, he plants his elbow into Bravo's neck/chest area while he's mid jump. What's he doing with his hand, trying a Maradonna?

It is a photo shot on my page not a video , and to me it looks like Vokes is jumping up like most people do.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 pm

I know it's a photo shot, I posted it.
He's leading with his arm which is clear to see in the pic, that is a foul.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum