replacing bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "When you attack good, you defend good. We want to play in this way. Claudio made a good performance and that is why we were able to have another clean sheet. I like to work with these guys. I'm so happy."

:roll:

No, Bravo is fucking horse shit.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Justified logic wrote:One save on the goal line by Zaba, another by Stones, but what really pissed me off was Bravo going in with his feet where Hart would have dived at the feet of the attacker, the fucking nance.

Forget Hart. Caballero, Gunn, Grimshaw or Muric would have dealt with it. I reckon there's under 15's and 14's on our books that I don't know the names of that have been coached to deal with that better.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:One save on the goal line by Zaba, another by Stones, but what really pissed me off was Bravo going in with his feet where Hart would have dived at the feet of the attacker, the fucking nance.

Forget Hart. Caballero, Gunn, Grimshaw or Muric would have dealt with it. I reckon there's under 15's and 14's on our books that I don't know the names of that have been coached to deal with that better.

I feel sorry for Gunn. Why would he want to stay? He's obviously not going to be given a chance.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:38 pm

That first Bravo fuck up today, it was almost like he turned side on to help the Ball on its way in to the net. . I realise I sound like a c**t slagging of one of our players, but that’s just how it looked to me. He makes himself big stays facing the Pitch, it’s an easy save. He did this twice. Also seconnd half there was an easy through Ball for him to collect in the penalty, simply run over go to ground collect the Ball, instead he makes a crazy tackle.

He is fucking awful, no ifs or buts about it; he is full on Dog shit awful, the worst Keeper in the Premier League by far, His stats are fucking atrocious, and they don’t lie, what is it now he has conceded ?, 15 goals, from 15 first shots on target ?. It doesn’t mater who we are playing, if they shoot and its on target you fully expect a goal. There is nothing he is good at, even his distribution isn’t all that.

His opposite today Guzman show what a half decent keeper can do. He stopped the result becoming embarrassing for the Smoggies. Some of those saves were class, one, or two of them, he was partially unsighted and got down low to turn good shots on goal wide.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:That first Bravo fuck up today, it was almost like he turned side on to help the Ball on its way in to the net. . I realise I sound like a c**t slagging of one of our players, but that’s just how it looked to me. He makes himself big stays facing the Pitch, it’s an easy save. He did this twice. Also seconnd half there was an easy through Ball for him to collect in the penalty, simply run over go to ground collect the Ball, instead he makes a crazy tackle.

He is fucking awful, no ifs or buts about it; he is full on Dog shit awful, the worst Keeper in the Premier League by far, His stats are fucking atrocious, and they don’t lie, what is it now he has conceded ?, 15 goals, from 15 first shots on target ?. It doesn’t mater who we are playing, if they shoot and its on target you fully expect a goal. There is nothing he is good at, even his distribution isn’t all that.

His opposite today Guzman show what a half decent keeper can do. He stopped the result becoming embarrassing for the Smoggies. Some of those saves were class, one, or two of them, he was partially unsighted and got down low to turn good shots on goal wide.

Even the Lincoln keeper made a couple of excellent saves today.

Said it before and it has nothing to do with confidence. He's too small for the Premiership. He has no presence in a crowded box. You have to look for him he's so insignificant. That just doesn't inspire confidence.

Oh and his confidence is shot.

Somebody on here asked the question are we going to stick with him in this cup. I think yes and it will cost us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Bravo is shit and Pep knows he has dropped one.

Jordan Pickford will be our No 1 next season.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Literally any other 1st choice keeper in this league would be preferable.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

This is the bullshit eh ? Pep cocks up and gets away with it .

Playing around at the back until we fook up and then hopefully hoof it out !

At least joe saved everybodies time hoofin' it up and saving all that running about in triangles shit.

Pep needs a big kick up the arse for doing what he did to the defense.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:36 pm

This is the bullshit eh ? Pep cocks up and gets away with it .

At least joe saved everybodies time hoofin' it up and saving all that running about in triangles shit.

"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:50 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:

Somebody on here asked the question are we going to stick with him in this cup. I think yes and it will cost us.

And this is it for me , we cannot possibly win against any top team with him in goal , we would need the other team to have an off day for us to win IMO.

I get tired of hearing Pep wax lyrical about this cunt...hes fuckign shit and 100% the WORST keeper in the Prem.

Hate seeing him in goal.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:02 am

failsworthblue wrote:Bravo is shit and Pep knows he has dropped one.

Pickfords kicking is similar to Hart, he is not a ball playing keeper it wont be him.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:38 am

Dubciteh wrote:

Pickfords kicking is similar to Hart, he is not a ball playing keeper it wont be him.

I am really worried that there is no real goalkeeper out there that could come.

Something changed in the world football in the past years. It seems that there are no more world class defenders and keepers like they used to be. No idea what happend, but that is why we went and paid 70 mil for Ota and Mangala, when ten years ago we could get a real top defender.

My two cents, our gk next year will be Valdes. I am almost 100 % certain.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:58 am

zuricity wrote:This is the bullshit eh ? Pep cocks up and gets away with it .

The point is with me, if all this messing around at the back, running about in triangles shit is a very good description, actually had any benefit or end product, if it actually gave us any advantage, then I wouldn't mind the experimenting too much.
But I can't see for the life of me what the idea is, and certainly don't see any benefits, we may as well just hoof it to the midfield and cut the defensive arsing around out altogether.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:59 am

PeterParker wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Something changed in the world football in the past years. It seems that there are no more world class defenders and keepers like they used to be. No idea what happend, but that is why we went and paid 70 mil for Ota and Mangala, when ten years ago we could get a real top defender.

Will you be putting a big bet on Valdes? Giving me the money might be a better use of the dosh!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:17 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Will you be putting a big bet on Valdes? Giving me the money might be a better use of the dosh!

Haha,

Well my logic is this: Pep will focus on defence, on wing backs. 3 or 4 and maybe a defender. Our gk will be his last thing in our mind because, in the worst case scenario, he has Willy.
Now, from my knowledge, Valdes has just a few months of his contract with Boro. Remember Pepito said he wanted him in the summer, but the gk already gave his word to Boro. I think they alread had a discussion about next season.

This does not mean I agree with that, I don't think now Valdes could be an upgrad to our squad, but as said, worst case, we still have Willy here.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:22 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Zabba saved his blushes otherwise it was another high profile cock up.

Exactly. 3 shots on target for Boro, 2 of which beat Bravo.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Justified logic » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:22 am

patrickblue wrote:

The point is with me, if all this messing around at the back, running about in triangles shit is a very good description, actually had any benefit or end product, if it actually gave us any advantage, then I wouldn't mind the experimenting too much.
But I can't see for the life of me what the idea is, and certainly don't see any benefits, we may as well just hoof it to the midfield and cut the defensive arsing around out altogether.

It's a bit more involved than that though isn't it.

Firstly, passing it around at the back should tire out the opponents forwards for as long as they press. When they give up pressing then we can pick our passes and move forward.

Secondly, for as long as the opponents press, passing it around at the back will open up the midfield, especially so if the wingers and fullbacks move out wide. Ideally, the goalkeeper can eventually pass to one of our midfielders standing alone in the centre circle, or Kolarov can do one of his long cross-field passes, and we've got a fast breakaway going, what with the wide wingers and the other forward players.

The above is all very well as long as we pass the ball around well. When we don't, then someone has to hoof it or be closed down or, even worse, give possession away. And if we pass straight to an attacker then we are really open to conceding a goal.

That's all very obvious but the point is: done well it can get us goals, done badly we can easily concede. At the moment I don't think we're doing it terribly well; better than when we first started, or rather when teams first started to press us in earnest, but not as well as could be done. When Bravo is in goal, giving the ball away so close to goal with our defence so spread out is just plain suicidal and I don't see that he offers anything more in the risks/benefits stakes in that area of the game than Caballero does because at least Caballero can save a shot or two from going in when we fuck up with this passing around shit.
Last edited by Justified logic on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justified logic

Postby Justified logic » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:26 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Zabba saved his blushes otherwise it was another high profile cock up.

Exactly. 3 shots on target for Boro, 2 of which beat Bravo.

And the third one was straight at him, he didn't catch the ball cleanly but fell to the ground with it and gathered it there. He is just fucking shite.
Justified logic

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:27 am

patrickblue wrote:

This is not a defence of Bravo.

The idea Patrick is to draw the opposition in in order to create space further up the pitch. A goalkeeper can take out three pressing players by breaking the line with one pass if he's competent enough with the ball.

Hoofing it to the midfield has invariably seen us gift possession back to the opposition for years now, don't get why you'd see that as a preferable option.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 am

I think we can all agree that Bravo isn't a goalkeeper. I did defend him at first but you can't defend someone that struggles saving a shot that's straight at him.

It's a shame because Gunn needs to be given a chance, but won't as long as Pep keeps playing Bravo.

I think we just support Bravo when he's played and at the end of the season hopefully he'll be off and we can either promote Gunn and have big Will as number 1 or Willy moves on and we get someone in to replace him and Gunn still moves up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum