Doping charges?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Doping charges?

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:38 pm

I have seen somewhere that the FA are doing us because we have been warned twice before. It's our own stupid fault if it's true.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:15 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:At this point its like watching your daddy getting pick on everytime you drop him to work. The club needs to grow a pair and stand up to this trifling shite.

100 % this.

We need to take a stand. This is ridiculous.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I have seen somewhere that the FA are doing us because we have been warned twice before. It's our own stupid fault if it's true.

I wonder what sanction the Rags got when CamelGob went climbing out of the big window?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I have seen somewhere that the FA are doing us because we have been warned twice before. It's our own stupid fault if it's true.

I have no doubt that some stupid prick at the club is responsible. I just don't think this would be happening if it was the dippers or the rags.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

I have no doubt that some stupid prick at the club is responsible. I just don't think this would be happening if it was the dippers or the rags.

Bet the fucker was a Rag as well, probably phoned the FA for good measure.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 pm

That explains our blip.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I wonder what sanction the Rags got when CamelGob went climbing out of the big window?

Ferdinand got an 8 month ban for missing a test didn't he.
That's not the same as not knowing the whereabouts of players due to a change in training schedule.

We don't know what the details are here but so far nobody has been named specifically. It does sound like an administration oversight or fuck up, depending on how you look at it.
It doesn't sound like anyone has purposely gone missing for a test. Not so far anyway.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That's not the same as not knowing the whereabouts of players due to a change in training schedule.

We don't know what the details are here but so far nobody has been named specifically. It does sound like an administration oversight or fuck up, depending on how you look at it.
It doesn't sound like anyone has purposely gone missing for a test. Not so far anyway.

I was joking mate. It's clearly an administrative thing where the details of training etc, weren't updated correctly, if at all. Don't we have a youth player on loan to Fleetwood, who have also been charged, do it could have something to do with that. Silly shit from the club, but very important to report it correctly; what other information was missing.

However, the way I've seen some of the headlines is as if we're smacked off our heads. I know the media like a story but this seems to be real overkill.

Non-story really, who gives a fuck about admin? Shouldnt even be reported and dealt with betwen the club and FA to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I was joking mate. It's clearly an administrative thing where the details of training etc, weren't updated correctly, if at all. Don't we have a youth player on loan to Fleetwood, who have also been charged, do it could have something to do with that. Silly shit from the club, but very important to report it correctly; what other information was missing.

However, the way I've seen some of the headlines is as if we're smacked off our heads. I know the media like a story but this seems to be real overkill.

Non-story really, who gives a fuck about admin? Shouldnt even be reported and dealt with betwen the club and FA to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Just because we're all paranoid Beefy, doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.
Bastards.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:18 pm

'Three strikes' policy - so we breached a technicality three times (probably with the same player within a relatively short space of time - IE loan spell of whatever) - annoying but totally our fault. Hardly warrants the bullshit headline on the BBC's website though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Dameerto wrote:

'Three strikes' policy - so we breached a technicality three times (probably with the same player within a relatively short space of time - IE loan spell of whatever) - annoying but totally our fault. Hardly warrants the bullshit headline on the BBC's website though.

The name being rumoured at the moment is George Glendon when on loan to Fleetwood.
If it's true that it happened three times well we can't really complain too much about the FA.
It may be heavy handed in the media dealing with it but we would expect that from them.

It does sometimes sound like we haven't really brought the administrative end of the business up to the required standard for a world leading organisation.
I still feel that someone has messed up regarding Jesus's registration and it's not just wrapping him in cotton wool.

I hope it's just a fine and not a lifetime ban for George, if it was indeed him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:13 am

I find the whole procedure a bit strange. To give one example, if Pep decides on a whim to tell one of the kids to come in to training at a different time the next day, the drug testers need to be told, if not they're in breach of the rules. To give another, the testers could arrive at your home at a fairly random time. Suppose I'd got a bit bored and took the dog for a walk when they turned up - you weren't available so you are getting charged.

As I said - a bit strange
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:25 am

Points deduction or relegation?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:55 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

The name being rumoured at the moment is George Glendon when on loan to Fleetwood.
If it's true that it happened three times well we can't really complain too much about the FA.
It may be heavy handed in the media dealing with it but we would expect that from them.

It does sometimes sound like we haven't really brought the administrative end of the business up to the required standard for a world leading organisation.
I still feel that someone has messed up regarding Jesus's registration and it's not just wrapping him in cotton wool.

I hope it's just a fine and not a lifetime ban for George, if it was indeed him.

Just somebody not doing their job. You get 3 chances FFS. Bout time Bernie retired at age 107!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Points deduction or relegation?

Why not both?

Add a 5 match ban to Fernandinho also.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:01 am

PeterParker wrote:

Why not both?

Add a 5 match ban to Fernandinho also.

I think they'll be fairly lenient with us PP; it'll just be relegation.

However, following our divisional demotion (it might even be League 1, rather than the Championship), we'll be forced to pay off the contracts of all our players so that they can be mopped up, for free, by any other club.

Added to that, we'll probably be given a multi-billion fine, which will ensure we fall foul of any domestic FFP regulations for decades to come.

Furthermore, as a Club with "no history", our record of being in the Premier League since 2008 will be airbrushed out......we were never really here, to paraphrase an expression used in another time.

Yes, they'll be quite lenient with us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:44 am

David Gill has emailed us to make an application to join the Evo-stik just in case......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:51 am

Hazy2 wrote:

David Gill has emailed us to make an application to join the Evo-stik just in case......

We'll probably get the application back late. When's the closing date?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:52 am

Crucifixion!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:20 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Crucifixion!

jesus!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum