Txiki Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Txiki Out

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 pm

bring back marwood!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 pm

I like him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Txiki Nandos anyone?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Was Txiki in charge when we bought Maicon, Garcia, Roswell and Sinclair? I thought he came in the September, after the window had closed.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Was Txiki in charge when we bought Maicon, Garcia, Roswell and Sinclair? I thought he came in the September, after the window had closed.

No he was not in charge. Started in October.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby aaron bond » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:28 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok let's look at it
Maicon - bad
Javi Garcia - bad
Scott Sinclair - bad
Jack Rodwell - bad
Matija Nastasic - bad
Fernandinho - good
Jesus Navas - decent
Alvaro Negredo - decent
Stefan Jovetic - bad
Martin Demichelis - decent
Bacary Sagna - decent
Fernando - bad
Willy Caballero - decent
Bruno Zucullini - bad
Frank Lampard - decent
Eliaquim Mangala - bad
Wilfried Bony - bad
Raheem Sterling - good
Fabian Delph - bad
Patrick Roberts - kiddo
Nicolas Otamendi - decent
Kevin De Bruyne - good
Ilkay Gundogan - decent
Nolito - bad
Oliksandr Zinchenko - kiddo
Marlos Moreno - kiddo
John Stones - decent
Leroy Sane - good
Claudio Bravo - bad
Gabriel Jesus - kiddo

If anything at least he has been busy. That is AMAZING amount of transfers.

There are my ratings.
13 bad buys
9 decent
4 good players
and 4 kids ie irrelevant at this stage.

For me that is terrible job CONSIDERING MONEY SPENT.

My biggest problem, more so than individual purchases, is his inability to put together balanced team. We have promising wide players and ok attack yet defence is premier league average AT BEST. That shows me that he is disaster and needs to be replaced.

I agree. For the money spent that list is almost Bodgers like. I think we need to strengthen if we are to be top 4, but I hope we don't spend another penny til we get a decent recruiter in.

Agreed.

Even then, calling Otamendi decent is way too generous. He must have an incredible agent to get to where he is today.

Same for Stones. It's still early days but £50m for a player who had a lot of hype but was largely poor for Everton is a ridiculous amount of money. I hope to be proved wrong but he has been awful for us since joining.

I don't understand why we're happy to allow expensive, but poor, defenders to make mistake after mistake in the first team, but aren't willing to give one of our youngsters the same opportunity.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:59 am

Shock horrer......NQDP in "sack someone from City" post....
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby aaron bond » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:44 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:Shock horrer......NQDP in "sack someone from City" post....

But he has a valid argument.

After several years in the role and having a net spend that far exceeds any of our rivals, it's a reasonable time to review Txiki's performance.

Our transfers in have been questionable, we are awful at selling players for a decent fee and our squad is unbalanced and older on average than it should be. Overall our squad is in far worse state than when he joined.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:22 am

Why is Nolly listed as a bad signing. I'm a big fan of his and I think he's done well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:Shock horrer......NQDP in "sack someone from City" post....

Oh team happy clappers.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:17 am

NQDP, why are you including players that were bought before Txiki arrived in you list?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:NQDP, why are you including players that were bought before Txiki arrived in you list?

It's thought by many that both Cheeky and to a lesser extent SansFairyAnne, were influencing transfers during the summer of 2012 despite their formal recruitment dates. Javi Garcia was one of theirs although tbf Sinclair & Rodwell had the mark of Marwood upon them. Maicon was clearly a reluctant Mancini pick. Nasty was probably his too, pity we didn't keep Savic instead.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:44 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:NQDP, why are you including players that were bought before Txiki arrived in you list?

It's thought by many that both Cheeky and to a lesser extent SansFairyAnne, were influencing transfers during the summer of 2012 despite their formal recruitment dates. Javi Garcia was one of theirs although tbf Sinclair & Rodwell had the mark of Marwood upon them. Maicon was clearly a reluctant Mancini pick. Nasty was probably his too, pity we didn't keep Savic instead.

So 1 out of 5 we can tenuously link to Txiki just because he's Spanish and that legitimises using that summer's transfers as a stick to beat Txiki with?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:47 am

the squad has become totally unbalanced under his watch

goalkeepers and defence are a joke in comparison
midfield is ok
we had tevez, kun, dzonkey and mario
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:03 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

So 1 out of 5 we can tenuously link to Txiki just because he's Spanish and that legitimises using that summer's transfers as a stick to beat Txiki with?

You have a short and rather selective, some might say defective, memory. Mancini was hobbled in that window after inconveniently winning the league and stopping the Spafia take-over. He got the black spot as soon as Soriano was announced in the January of his title winning season. A massive opening blunder by Soriano was trying and failing to sack Mancini, which led to Pep opting for Bayern. Another complete managerial and strategic failure followed culminating in the Cup Final fiasco and two years of wasted time with Count Seatwarmer. You revisionist boys are a joke. and a pretty sick one.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:06 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

You have a short and rather selective, some might say defective, memory, Mancini was hobbled in that window after inconveniently winning the league and stopping the Spafia take-over. He got the black spot as soon as Soriano was announced in the January of his title winning season. A massive opening blunder by Soriano in trying and failing to sack Mancini, which led to Pep opting for Bayern. Another complete managerial and strategic failure followed which led to the Cup Final fiasco and two years of wasted time with Count Seatwarmer. You revisionist boys are a joke. and a pretty sick one.

Why the need to start your post in such an antagonistic manner?

I simply asked a question and that leads to me being called a revisionist? Bizarre!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:16 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

You have a short and rather selective, some might say defective, memory, Mancini was hobbled in that window after inconveniently winning the league and stopping the Spafia take-over. He got the black spot as soon as Soriano was announced in the January of his title winning season. A massive opening blunder by Soriano in trying and failing to sack Mancini, which led to Pep opting for Bayern. Another complete managerial and strategic failure followed which led to the Cup Final fiasco and two years of wasted time with Count Seatwarmer. You revisionist boys are a joke. and a pretty sick one.

Why the need to start your post in such an antagonistic manner?

I simply asked a question and that leads to me being called a revisionist? Bizarre!

Just a bit of healthy polemic my friend, Txiki is guilty as charged - a dross finder and capturer who has cost this club's reputation dear in the market and on the field. We are saddled with serious long term player liabilities that he is totally responsible for - and he should have been sacked years ago. Our problems are largely down to him and him alone. Cheeky the Chump.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 am

Healthy polemic? You just responded to a simple question by being antagonistic and making assumptions.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:41 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:the squad has become totally unbalanced under his watch

midfield is ok

I'd love to go back to the welcome Bravo thread and see if anyone thought it was a dodgy pick.

The defence is pretty similar to the players we had back then.

Tevez wanted out, Kun is still here, the overwhelming majority were happy when Edwin left and Mario was and would have remained a basket case.

Your argument just doesn't stack up.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:43 am

dazby wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:the squad has become totally unbalanced under his watch

midfield is ok

I'd love to go back to the welcome Bravo thread and see if anyone thought it was a dodgy pick.

The defence is pretty similar to the players we had back then.

Tevez wanted out, Kun is still here, the overwhelming majority were happy when Edwin left and Mario was and would have remained a basket case.

Your argument just doesn't stack up.

except that they are all 5 years older!!!!!!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum