Txiki Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Txiki Out

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:28 am

Sorry Coca, disagree completely on Negredo. He came in and was instrumental in our early season form which stood to us in winning the title. He provided excellent competition to Dzeko which saw Dzeko playing his best stuff at the club.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry Coca, disagree completely on Negredo. He came in and was instrumental in our early season form which stood to us in winning the title. He provided excellent competition to Dzeko which saw Dzeko playing his best stuff at the club.

For half a season. Hardly a long term solution. And although I loved that half a season the entire team were scoring for fun. Perhaps Bony would've even looked amazing during that period.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:31 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry Coca, disagree completely on Negredo. He came in and was instrumental in our early season form which stood to us in winning the title. He provided excellent competition to Dzeko which saw Dzeko playing his best stuff at the club.

For half a season. Hardly a long term solution. And although I loved that half a season the entire team were scoring for fun. Perhaps Bony would've even looked amazing during that period.

And Dzeko's form in the second half of that season, nothing to do with the competition he faced?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok let's look at it
Maicon
Javi Garcia
Scott Sinclair
Jack Rodwell
Matija Nastasic
Fernandinho
Jesus Navas
Alvaro Negredo
Stefan Jovetic
Martin Demichelis
Bacary Sagna
Fernando
Willy Caballero
Bruno Zucullini
Frank Lampard
Eliaquim Mangala
Wilfried Bony
Raheem Sterling
Fabian Delph
Patrick Roberts
Nicolas Otamendi
Kevin De Bruyne
Ilkay Gundogan
Nolito
Oliksandr Zinchenko
Marlos Moreno
John Stones
Leroy Sane
Claudio Bravo
Gabriel Jesus

If anything at least he has been busy. That is AMAZING amount of transfers.

Prob about 5 on that list, his best signing value wise was demechelis, but that was Pellers surely rather than Txiki.

Bacary Sagna hasn't been too bad either.

I wouldn't necessarily want to damn Txixi for Jovetic. Who could possibly have guessed how that would turn out ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

And Dzeko's form in the second half of that season, nothing to do with the competition he faced?

Twisting words. Negredo was good for half a season but I didn't deny that Dzeko was good the second half of the season and probably because Negredo had stolen his place. Does not take away the fact that Negredo was only playing good for half a season.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:42 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Twisting words. Negredo was good for half a season but I didn't deny that Dzeko was good the second half of the season and probably because Negredo had stolen his place. Does not take away the fact that Negredo was only playing good for half a season.

I'm not twisting words, your first post you said that he failed to provide competition, I believe the opposite.

It was a little over half a season too, it was the League Cup semi where he scored 5 over two legs, so it was at the stage of the season we're at now that things turned sour for him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:47 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

I'm not twisting words, your first post you said that he failed to provide competition, I believe the opposite.

It was a little over half a season too, it was the League Cup semi where he scored 5 over two legs, so it was at the stage of the season we're at now that things turned sour for him.

Did not say he failed to proved competition: "We've needed competition for our forward line for a long time and he failed to fix that issue". Did he fix the issue of forward competition? No He didn't, he was good for half a season and then not so good.

Anyway, this is getting bogged down in pointless bickering about who said what. I don't mean to say that NEgredo was shit, that's a hyperbole I can do without. But we're discussing the merits of Cheeky and he has to have a bigger picture. The bigger picture is that he has not solved the issue and we've relied on an injury prone Argentine for more or less 2,5 years now. IMO of course.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 am

Sorry Coca, didn't mean for it to come across as bickering, I was just explaining why I posted about Dzeko's form.

Anyhoo, the fact that Negredo didn't work out long term can hardly be placed at Txiki's door, can it?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:51 am

We had the 2 amigos we now have 3, get on with it I say. Pointless to suggest Pep would ever ever ever want anyone else !!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Maicon
Javi Garcia
Scott Sinclair
Jack Rodwell
Matija Nastasic

^nothing to do with Txiki

Fernandinho - excellent signing

Jesus Navas - decent squad player, money considered he's an ok signing

Alvaro Negredo - good signing, contributed well to our title win and we turned a profit when sold

Stefan Jovetic - gamble didn't pay off, poor signing

Martin Demichelis - good stop gap signing

Bacary Sagna - on a free, good signing

Fernando - decent squad player, needed to replace Garcia, fee modest, all things considered an ok signing

Willy Caballero - good back up keeper, good signing ( worth it for his penalty saves in LC final alone )

Bruno Zucullini - weird signing, reckon he's related to Txiki and wanted to inter rail Europe, I'd imagine any outlay has been recouped in loan fees, meh

Frank Lampard - good signing apart from the pr side

Eliaquim Mangala - first real fail, payed way over the odds, poor signing

Wilfried Bony - fail, understood the logic in the signing but didn't work out, poor signing

Raheem Sterling - starting to look like he may yet fill that potential, pricey but good signing

Fabian Delph - gamble hasn't paid off but may yet justify his transfer, have to say poor signing though

Patrick Roberts - jury out

Nicolas Otamendi - ok signing, not great but not a disaster either

Kevin De Bruyne - excellent signing

Ilkay Gundogan
Nolito
Oliksandr Zinchenko
Marlos Moreno
John Stones
Leroy Sane
Claudio Bravo
Gabriel Jesus

^ jury out

20 senior players over 4 widows, 5 a window, fairly standard I would say.

Some gambles on injury prone players haven't paid off.

A couple of excellent signings with the potential for 3 or 4 still to be too

4 poor signings so 1 a season, again fairly standard I'd say

On the fullback issue, we've let a situation develop where the average age at fullback is ridiculous, perhaps our outlay on centre backs has prevented us from upgrading here, whatever the reason it shouldn't have been allowed get to that, thankfully 3 of the 4 are out of contract this season so it'll be addressed this summer.

All in all, our recruitment hasn't been that bad

C +

Thank you for this fair assessment rather than some of, what I'd suggest is hyperbole from some. Was also going to comment on those first few players not being his. I agree almost 100% with this, as I've called it a mixed bag.

"The jury is out" on Sterling is funny to read a few here write given he has been arguably one of our best/most consistent players this season. He has created a tremendous amount of chances for us (I believe the most of anyone in the team) and we have looked far worse when he has not started. His finishing/composure needs to improve and he cost quite a bit, but that's because of he's English, his potential, age, and played for Liverpool.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Right. So Cheeky in then? Do we agree he's done well enough?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:28 pm

dazby wrote:Right. So Cheeky in then? Do we agree he's done well enough?

No. I think most of our signings are shite for the level we are aspiring to be.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:29 pm

In Khaldoon we trust.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:44 pm

In Khaldoon we trust.

It's the Sheik we need to fire. Now!
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

PrezIke wrote:"The jury is out" on Sterling is funny to read a few here write given he has been arguably one of our best/most consistent players this season. He has created a tremendous amount of chances for us (I believe the most of anyone in the team) and we have looked far worse when he has not started. His finishing/composure needs to improve and he cost quite a bit, but that's because of he's English, his potential, age, and played for Liverpool.

Sterling's done well, but KDB is still our most productive creator by some distance.

Numbers pulled from Squawka.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
PrezIke wrote:"The jury is out" on Sterling is funny to read a few here write given he has been arguably one of our best/most consistent players this season. He has created a tremendous amount of chances for us (I believe the most of anyone in the team) and we have looked far worse when he has not started. His finishing/composure needs to improve and he cost quite a bit, but that's because of he's English, his potential, age, and played for Liverpool.

Sterling's done well, but KDB is still our most productive creator by some distance.

Numbers pulled from Squawka.

What does 'Chances' take in to consideration? Because I think a lot of Sterlings runs without the ball 'create' chances for others.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Chance created – A pass that leads to a shot on goal.
Keypass – A pass that leads to a shot on goal that is not converted.
Assist – A pass that leads directly to a goal.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/football-stats-definitions

While a smart run can act as a diversion and free up space for a team mate to score, it is difficult to quantify. I acknowledge it as a quality in Sterling's case, but I believe it should be treated seperately from the amount of created chances. I also think his numbers don't need pimping in such a way, because they are good enough on their own. No shame being behind only KDB and Silva of our regulars, two of the most creative players in the world.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:52 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:Chance created – A pass that leads to a shot on goal.
Keypass – A pass that leads to a shot on goal that is not converted.
Assist – A pass that leads directly to a goal.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/football-stats-definitions

While a smart run can act as a diversion and free up space for a team mate to score, it is difficult to quantify. I acknowledge it as a quality in Sterling's case, but I believe it should be treated seperately from the amount of created chances. I also think his numbers don't need pimping in such a way, because they are good enough on their own. No shame being behind only KDB and Silva of our regulars, two of the most creative players in the world.

Nice one mate.

Absolutely agree. It's no shame to be behind those two and shows, in my opinion, the good work he does.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Maicon - bad
Javi Garcia - bad
Scott Sinclair - bad
Jack Rodwell - bad
Matija Nastasic - bad
Fernandinho - good
Jesus Navas - decent
Alvaro Negredo - decent
Stefan Jovetic - bad
Martin Demichelis - decent
Bacary Sagna - decent
Fernando - bad
Willy Caballero - decent
Bruno Zucullini - bad
Frank Lampard - decent
Eliaquim Mangala - bad
Wilfried Bony - bad
Raheem Sterling - good
Fabian Delph - bad
Patrick Roberts - kiddo
Nicolas Otamendi - decent
Kevin De Bruyne - good
Ilkay Gundogan - decent
Nolito - bad
Oliksandr Zinchenko - kiddo
Marlos Moreno - kiddo
John Stones - decent
Leroy Sane - good
Claudio Bravo - bad
Gabriel Jesus - kiddo

There are my ratings.
13 bad buys
9 decent
4 good players
and 4 kids ie irrelevant at this stage.

For me that is terrible job CONSIDERING MONEY SPENT.

My biggest problem, more so than individual purchases, is his inability to put together balanced team. We have promising wide players and ok attack yet defence is premier league average AT BEST. That shows me that he is disaster and needs to be replaced.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Maicon - bad
Javi Garcia - bad
Scott Sinclair - bad
Jack Rodwell - bad
Matija Nastasic - bad
Fernandinho - good
Jesus Navas - decent
Alvaro Negredo - decent
Stefan Jovetic - bad
Martin Demichelis - decent
Bacary Sagna - decent
Fernando - bad
Willy Caballero - decent
Bruno Zucullini - bad
Frank Lampard - decent
Eliaquim Mangala - bad
Wilfried Bony - bad
Raheem Sterling - good
Fabian Delph - bad
Patrick Roberts - kiddo
Nicolas Otamendi - decent
Kevin De Bruyne - good
Ilkay Gundogan - decent
Nolito - bad
Oliksandr Zinchenko - kiddo
Marlos Moreno - kiddo
John Stones - decent
Leroy Sane - good
Claudio Bravo - bad
Gabriel Jesus - kiddo

There are my ratings.
13 bad buys
9 decent
4 good players
and 4 kids ie irrelevant at this stage.

For me that is terrible job CONSIDERING MONEY SPENT.

My biggest problem, more so than individual purchases, is his inability to put together balanced team. We have promising wide players and ok attack yet defence is premier league average AT BEST. That shows me that he is disaster and needs to be replaced.

I agree. For the money spent that list is almost Bodgers like. I think we need to strengthen if we are to be top 4, but I hope we don't spend another penny til we get a decent recruiter in.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum