No Ref/FA Conspiracy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: No Ref/FA Conspiracy

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:27 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:As fans, we are turning into a bunch of whingeing cunts. Although a bad decision to miss the peno today, if there was an agenda against us, Sane's goal would have been disallowed and the Son offside not have been called putting him through 1 on 1.

We need to take the positives from today and go again with the same set up and attitude (minus clichy and sterling).

Although I believe there is no agenda, I hope Pep mentions it and gives the media soundbites to show his disgust at the decision, putting the official's in the spotlight.

As fans we need to quit the whingeing and start believing that this team can win games on their own merits and stop fearing a ref is going to interfere. We need to support the players.

And the delusional cunt of the year shit post award goes to ^^^^^^^^
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 am

PeterParker wrote:I am far for being a paranoic, however, in this case, it is very hard to go by and accept that all this things are by accident.

Our title in 2014 started a chain of events that look suspicious as fuck. It is like the FA realised that we are a real treat, not a season wonder and decided to show us that we will not be better than united and liverpool, their golden chickens. Sincer our title, the decisions againts us are without a doubt, worse and worse. Last year and this season I can name at least ten games where our final result was influenced by shady decisions at key moments.

Look, As a fan, I can accept defeat when opponents are better. Liverpool is better than us in every games, Spurs in the last two years, same, better, etc. I can accept that Leicester showed us last year how you play a game when they came to our ground. What I cannot accept is cheating in the only game I love. I cannnot accept week in and week out that we are constantly robbed by some decisions that are harsh and bent. I really cannot accept that and I cannot have this shit ruin my nerves and stress myself about this shit.

I grew up that football is about fair play. Fair play in the real sense of that. But this is not football, this is not fair play. This is a media circus and we are the main target.

And what annoys me the most is our board. When you accept that every week the FA does that to you, when your players are a target online if they have any opinion or explain their frustration, then we are responsible as much as those cunts are. I really can't accept a board that is laughing stock when it comes down to this. All the best things they do fade away in front of this. In this nonreaction they have.

No fan will be done with City, but many of us are just tired to accept this bent shit. Football was not about this.

That's an impressive post PP; one might also say it's the perfect post in this thread as it exemplifies everything that most of us, on this particular forum especially, feel about the situation we find ourselves in today.

Well done to you, my friend. Very well done indeed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Two things.

Does anyone think that moaning and moaning about a conspiracy and an agenda is ever going to change anything?

Are any of you willing to put the effort in to actually agitate for a positive change - for a transparent and accountable running of the game for all teams, not just us?

Serious questions, because I'm prepared to agitate for a fair sport, and do something positive about it.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Justified logic wrote:Two things.

Does anyone think that moaning and moaning about a conspiracy and an agenda is ever going to change anything?

Are any of you willing to put the effort in to actually agitate for a positive change - for a transparent and accountable running of the game for all teams, not just us?

Serious questions, because I'm prepared to agitate for a fair sport, and do something positive about it.

How do you propose doing that? Any concrete ideas?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:01 pm

I tweet the FA and Sky most days telling them what bent cunts they are as do loads of other blues ........... they are very very powerful bodies though but at least they know my and others feelings on a near daily basis , It took decades to get at FIFA and out them bastards so to out the FA and a media powerhouse like SKY would really take something .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:08 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Essentially, a well-constructed and non-partisan petition to the UK Government for supporters of all clubs to sign, requesting an Act that would disband the FA and replace it with a football organisation that is both transparent and accountable to all clubs.

Anyone remember this?

Bigwigs tell MPs to name FA regulator that will reform English football's ruling body
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BookJunior » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:12 pm

What concerns me more than any conspiracy theory is why football does not permit television reviews like Rugby Union, Rugby League, Cricket, Tennis and why the 4th official can't be an extra person with a radio link to the referee to point out game changing decisions and foul play.

Yesterday would have led to a red card and a penalty if that had been the case.

The club could also appeal to the appropriate body to gain sanctions against errant officials.
Last edited by BookJunior on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Justified logic wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Essentially, a well-constructed and non-partisan petition to the UK Government for supporters of all clubs to sign, requesting an Act that would disband the FA and replace it with a football organisation that is both transparent and accountable to all clubs.

Anyone remember this?

Bigwigs tell MPs to name FA regulator that will reform English football's ruling body

Good initiative, but I honestly think that the FA isn't the right organisation to target. The PL is a separate and sovereign entity and they are the ones pulling the strings ( for Sky/Murdoch).
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:27 pm

City64 wrote:

I tweet the FA and Sky most days telling them what bent cunts they are as do loads of other blues ........... they are very very powerful bodies though but at least they know my and others feelings on a near daily basis , It took decades to get at FIFA and out them bastards so to out the FA and a media powerhouse like SKY would really take something .

Every game in the PL has many Video cameras operating, from pretty much every angle to get the best view of any incident.

So I don't know how many ,but let's say there are twenty video streams during a match.

Now , my take is that the video streams should be owned by the PL. They should be managed by the PL and recorded by the PL. No Broadcaster should have control over this. They should be charged a fee to broadcast using the videos. Of course, they can use those streams as they like. But those stream should be available to any one , after the game for a nominal fee for research and review purposes. Make those streams available on the net after the game.
Each team should, of course have a right to all the streams anyway.

I am thinking of moving to a more transparent way of working here.

Yes it is expensive but just how much money is the PL making ? and also look at how Murdoch had been able to sell his empire on for tens of Billions, (albeit not just on the back of the PL ! ).

All those streams should be available to a fourth independent Referee, in a box in the stadium, that even the Ref doesn't know. Someone who is doing the adjudicating independent of the Ref himself.

The one on the sideline is a waste anyway.

We only need a pseudo trainspotter to manage the substitution board and the extra time calls.

The independent referee and any assistant he needs should be telling the ref how much time to add on too, for time wasting.

Oh ! and pay refs a fortune, so they do not even need to think about extra dosh.

Furthermore the pool of refs should come mainly from ex pros. who have not played for any of the teams in the PL, so we could encourage lower league football players that they have a life after retiring.
We should be developing a pool of refs that means they all get a steady and good income, even though they may not referee every week. It should not matter, there are billions in the coffers.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I am far for being a paranoic, however, in this case, it is very hard to go by and accept that all this things are by accident.

Our title in 2014 started a chain of events that look suspicious as fuck. It is like the FA realised that we are a real treat, not a season wonder and decided to show us that we will not be better than united and liverpool, their golden chickens. Sincer our title, the decisions againts us are without a doubt, worse and worse. Last year and this season I can name at least ten games where our final result was influenced by shady decisions at key moments.

Look, As a fan, I can accept defeat when opponents are better. Liverpool is better than us in every games, Spurs in the last two years, same, better, etc. I can accept that Leicester showed us last year how you play a game when they came to our ground. What I cannot accept is cheating in the only game I love. I cannnot accept week in and week out that we are constantly robbed by some decisions that are harsh and bent. I really cannot accept that and I cannot have this shit ruin my nerves and stress myself about this shit.

I grew up that football is about fair play. Fair play in the real sense of that. But this is not football, this is not fair play. This is a media circus and we are the main target.

And what annoys me the most is our board. When you accept that every week the FA does that to you, when your players are a target online if they have any opinion or explain their frustration, then we are responsible as much as those cunts are. I really can't accept a board that is laughing stock when it comes down to this. All the best things they do fade away in front of this. In this nonreaction they have.

No fan will be done with City, but many of us are just tired to accept this bent shit. Football was not about this.

That's an impressive post PP; one might also say it's the perfect post in this thread as it exemplifies everything that most of us, on this particular forum especially, feel about the situation we find ourselves in today.

Thanks pal, but it is quite ridiculous that we have to speak about this things instead of trying to solve (actually) real football problems that we have.

For those who think this is just a coincidence:

- Manchester City vs Soton 1-1 - Disallowed goal for Stones, handball fron Fonte.
- Manchester City vs Chelsea 1-3 - two red cards, penalty not given, red card not given to Luiz/Cahill
- Manchester City vs Burnely 2-1 - Still we managed to win.
- Manchester City vs Everton 0-4 - Penalty and red card (I still keep my opinion that Robles should had been sent off because his intervention was intentional) at 0-0.
- Manchester City vs Spurs 2-2 - Penalty and red card for Ali. We were 2-1. From that chance they go and score.

Those are 11 points we were robbed in the last 3 months.

We could had been top, 54 points, with a game in hand on Chelsea, but top.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Conspiracy/bias against the most volatile, controversial player in the league or multiple refs all blowing it at once?

Watch on youtube.com
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:28 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Thanks pal, but it is quite ridiculous that we have to speak about this things instead of trying to solve (actually) real football problems that we have.

For those who think this is just a coincidence:

- Manchester City vs Soton 1-1 - Disallowed goal for Stones, handball fron Fonte.
- Manchester City vs Chelsea 1-3 - two red cards, penalty not given, red card not given to Luiz/Cahill
- Manchester City vs Burnely 2-1 - Still we managed to win.
- Manchester City vs Everton 0-4 - Penalty and red card (I still keep my opinion that Robles should had been sent off because his intervention was intentional) at 0-0.
- Manchester City vs Spurs 2-2 - Penalty and red card for Ali. We were 2-1. From that chance they go and score.

Those are 11 points we were robbed in the last 3 months.

We could had been top, 54 points, with a game in hand on Chelsea, but top.

When you add in all the favourable decisions the rags have been enjoying these last couple of months during their "amazing winning streak" since Mourinho came out and called the officiating he had perceived them to have had, then it doesn't make for pretty reading
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:45 pm

BookJunior wrote:What concerns me more than any conspiracy theory is why football does not permit television reviews like Rugby Union, Rugby League, Cricket, Tennis and why the 4th official can't be an extra person with a radio link to the referee to point out game changing decisions and foul play.

The club could also appeal to the appropriate body to gain sanctions against errant officials.

The lack of accountability for match officials is an absolute joke - any hint of criticism from managers/players is snuffed out by sanction immediately. There has to be some way to introduce a critique of their performance match by match and some way for clubs to comment (constructively) on issues affecting them. We need transparency and accountability from the officials as an absolute minimum.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:
BookJunior wrote:What concerns me more than any conspiracy theory is why football does not permit television reviews like Rugby Union, Rugby League, Cricket, Tennis and why the 4th official can't be an extra person with a radio link to the referee to point out game changing decisions and foul play.

The lack of accountability for match officials is an absolute joke - any hint of criticism from managers/players is snuffed out by sanction immediately. There has to be some way to introduce a critique of their performance match by match and some way for clubs to comment (constructively) on issues affecting them. We need transparency and accountability from the officials as an absolute minimum.

In the Netherlands the ref is interviewed by the broadcaster after the game and asked to give his view on any debatable incidents. I quite like that.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sidSmith » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:14 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

In the Netherlands the ref is interviewed by the broadcaster after the game and asked to give his view on any debatable incidents. I quite like that.

That happened here for a bit, all of 1 season I think, but then it was stopped once it became apparent that they were all a bunch of arrogant, egotistical wankers.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 am

I think the OP is allowed to have his opinion and should give it on a forum like this. We've all got different opinions and that's what good about this place.

But I think the timing of the post was questionable as emotions were high at the time, having just had our millionth legitimate penalty turned down which cost us the win, and I don't think it was the right time to make such a post whilst our fans were wound up already.

I'm a bellend at the best of times, but I'd know if I was of the opinion of OP I would know posting something like that at that particular time would wind our own fans up.

Like I say, people have differing opinions and that's fine, but the timing was awful. I do think the OP is a good poster though :)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BookJunior » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Dameerto wrote:

It's unforgivable I quite agree and controlling bodies such as the FA should try their utmost to avoid getting involved. Ironically they may be guilty of their own crime "bringing the game into disrepute".
BookJunior

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

It's unforgivable I quite agree and controlling bodies such as the FA should try their utmost to avoid getting involved. Ironically they may be guilty of their own crime "bringing the game into disrepute".

Despotic, autocratic oligarchies are the diehard enemies of transparency and accountability.

The whole rotten, corrupt FA house of cards needs to be abolished and PiGMOB along with it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BookJunior » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

Every game in the PL has many Video cameras operating, from pretty much every angle to get the best view of any incident.

So I don't know how many ,but let's say there are twenty video streams during a match.

Now , my take is that the video streams should be owned by the PL. They should be managed by the PL and recorded by the PL. No Broadcaster should have control over this. They should be charged a fee to broadcast using the videos. Of course, they can use those streams as they like. But those stream should be available to any one , after the game for a nominal fee for research and review purposes. Make those streams available on the net after the game.
Each team should, of course have a right to all the streams anyway.

I am thinking of moving to a more transparent way of working here.

Yes it is expensive but just how much money is the PL making ? and also look at how Murdoch had been able to sell his empire on for tens of Billions, (albeit not just on the back of the PL ! ).

All those streams should be available to a fourth independent Referee, in a box in the stadium, that even the Ref doesn't know. Someone who is doing the adjudicating independent of the Ref himself.

The one on the sideline is a waste anyway.

We only need a pseudo trainspotter to manage the substitution board and the extra time calls.

The independent referee and any assistant he needs should be telling the ref how much time to add on too, for time wasting.

Oh ! and pay refs a fortune, so they do not even need to think about extra dosh.

Furthermore the pool of refs should come mainly from ex pros. who have not played for any of the teams in the PL, so we could encourage lower league football players that they have a life after retiring.
We should be developing a pool of refs that means they all get a steady and good income, even though they may not referee every week. It should not matter, there are billions in the coffers.

Radical thinking on several fronts. I fully support your division of labour as I've argued the same way and the only argument against someone holding up a board is whether it's needed. Grounds these days have a big screen routinely playing the match with a clock counting down in the corner which also replays moments of controversy. I would scrap that role in favour of a public address announcement declaring the amount of added time which would be calculated by the 4th official.

I also agree that referees should be qualified and licensed professionals meeting standards of competence on a season by season basis, obviously subject to peer review and paid accordingly.

What I'm not sure about is whether EPL ownership of video streams would work. I presume the premier league owns the franchise and copyright which companies bid for. Nothing could be done until the existing contracts have expired and I'm still not convinced it would work.
BookJunior

Postby BookJunior » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:13 pm

sidSmith wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

That happened here for a bit, all of 1 season I think, but then it was stopped once it became apparent that they were all a bunch of arrogant, egotistical wankers.

Well that should encourage an interview. It might moderate their behaviour if they knew an interview was waiting at the end of some matches.
BookJunior

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum