***Palace v Man City match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Palace v Man City match thread***

Postby Spurge » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:16 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Fat Sam still moaning about Yaya not getting sent off. "The referee kindly allowed Yaya Toure to stay on the pitch. If he hadn't been booked that's a yellow - 250,000,000%".

1. it wasn't a yellow card offence (nor was the first to be honest)
2. a palace player got away with the very same thing moments earlier

Knobhead

I could be wrong but the angle that the bbc offered of the first challenge looked like Yaya got the ball first. I thought the second could have been a yellow but wondered if the ref considered he may have been wrong on the first so showed leniency on how he dealt with the second.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:40 pm

The first was a foul, but the player fell over yaya, not a booking by a stretch.

The second was a proper soft foul as well, yaya hardly touched him. Neither warranted a booking IMO.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby AFKAE » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 am

I see Josh has earned himself an article in todays Times newspaper.

Chambers drew a global audience for his Periscope broadcast from Palace

A new phenomenon has sprung up at high-profile matches in recent months — that of fans transmitting games live from the stadium via their smartphones on to the Twitter-owned Periscope platform.

One City fan covered the entire FA Cup match away to Crystal Palace and pulled in 139,300 viewers
Josh Chambers, 23, who works for Surrey Council, said: “I mainly did it for my dad because he couldn’t make it to the game so I thought I would try Periscope and see how it worked as the game was televised. I also thought there would be other people trying to watch the game as well.

“I wasn’t going to do the whole game but so many people started watching and it was quite fun. It was great to get such a good reaction from all over the world. I also made friends with people around me, which was great as I was at the game on my own.

“I am not sure what the rules are but I wasn’t too worried about getting into trouble.

“My dad loved it. I set up a specific City account and did it through Twitter so I could do it again. I mainly did it for my dad but he normally goes to all the games.

“I hadn’t done it before but it seemed like an obvious thing to use Periscope for. I would do it again if I thought that’s what people wanted.

“I found out afterwards it was on forums and Reddit and Facebook. I was getting comments from all over the world including Toronto and Shanghai. There were probably 18,000 [13,979] in the stadium but I was able to share it with a lot more.”

Comments received by Chambers included “Legend” “Love you” and “Thank you” from people in countries including Indonesia, the United States, South Korea and Nepal. His two videos — one of each half — combined gained a total of 312,708 likes.

The Premier League says that it has not seen any similar figures for a Periscope post from its games, and will take action against any such transmissions.

The league has an agreement with Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to take down any illegal transmissions and employs a company to trawl the web seeking out any such broadcasts. Stewards at matches are also trained to keep an eye out for people using phones to broadcast matches and intervene.
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:22 am

AFKAE wrote:I see Josh has earned himself an article in todays Times newspaper.

Chambers drew a global audience for his Periscope broadcast from Palace

A new phenomenon has sprung up at high-profile matches in recent months — that of fans transmitting games live from the stadium via their smartphones on to the Twitter-owned Periscope platform.

One City fan covered the entire FA Cup match away to Crystal Palace and pulled in 139,300 viewers
Josh Chambers, 23, who works for Surrey Council, said: “I mainly did it for my dad because he couldn’t make it to the game so I thought I would try Periscope and see how it worked as the game was televised. I also thought there would be other people trying to watch the game as well.

“I wasn’t going to do the whole game but so many people started watching and it was quite fun. It was great to get such a good reaction from all over the world. I also made friends with people around me, which was great as I was at the game on my own.

“I am not sure what the rules are but I wasn’t too worried about getting into trouble.

“My dad loved it. I set up a specific City account and did it through Twitter so I could do it again. I mainly did it for my dad but he normally goes to all the games.

“I hadn’t done it before but it seemed like an obvious thing to use Periscope for. I would do it again if I thought that’s what people wanted.

“I found out afterwards it was on forums and Reddit and Facebook. I was getting comments from all over the world including Toronto and Shanghai. There were probably 18,000 [13,979] in the stadium but I was able to share it with a lot more.”

Comments received by Chambers included “Legend” “Love you” and “Thank you” from people in countries including Indonesia, the United States, South Korea and Nepal. His two videos — one of each half — combined gained a total of 312,708 likes.

The Premier League says that it has not seen any similar figures for a Periscope post from its games, and will take action against any such transmissions.

The league has an agreement with Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to take down any illegal transmissions and employs a company to trawl the web seeking out any such broadcasts. Stewards at matches are also trained to keep an eye out for people using phones to broadcast matches and intervene.

Oh dear.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:23 am

AFKAE wrote:The league has an agreement with Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to take down any illegal transmissions and employs a company to trawl the web seeking out any such broadcasts. Stewards at matches are also trained to keep an eye out for people using phones to broadcast matches and intervene.[/i]

Well neither Twitters trawlers nor stewards did a great job with 139K viewers & certainly when i tuned in the first half he had a steward about 6ft in front of him!!!!

I hope his 5 minutes of fame exposing his name in the press won't see him in trouble.........
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:39 am

CTID Hants wrote:
AFKAE wrote:The league has an agreement with Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to take down any illegal transmissions and employs a company to trawl the web seeking out any such broadcasts. Stewards at matches are also trained to keep an eye out for people using phones to broadcast matches and intervene.[/i]

Well neither Twitters trawlers nor stewards did a great job with 139K viewers & certainly when i tuned in the first half he had a steward about 6ft in front of him!!!!

I hope his 5 minutes of fame exposing his name in the press won't see him in trouble.........

can you record it on your own phone for your own personal use or do the premier league Nazis frown on that too? And if so, how could a steward tell the difference?
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Luckily it wasn't a Premier League match.

I wonder if any lazy cunt journo recognizes FA=/=Premier League anymore.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Slim wrote:Luckily it wasn't a Premier League match.

i think that's exactly why he got away with it.

but on another note, the popularity of this random stream should tip off the morons at the FA that there are loads who want to watch city play. it's criminal that we will have at least 2 of our matches going completely untelevised.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Justified logic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

but on another note, the popularity of this random stream should tip off the morons at the FA that there are loads who want to watch city play. it's criminal that we will have at least 2 of our matches going completely untelevised.

Times = Murdoch = Sky = no FA Cup TV coverage = reporting only of the PL's position in order to protect Sky's interests.

I wonder what the FA's position is on live streaming of FA Cup games. That game didn't appear to be covered live by any of TV stations, at home (certainly) or abroad (seemingly), so I guess the FA only license coverage for specific games and not every game like the PL licences cover.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:36 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Times = Murdoch = Sky = no FA Cup TV coverage = reporting only of the PL's position in order to protect Sky's interests.

I wonder what the FA's position is on live streaming of FA Cup games. That game didn't appear to be covered live by any of TV stations, at home (certainly) or abroad (seemingly), so I guess the FA only license coverage for specific games and not every game like the PL licences cover.

Saturday 3pm kickoff's are still covered by legislation in the UK so as long as Josh sticks to City cup games at 3pm on a Saturday it's the FA's own fault for not picking us for broadcast. I hope Josh does the Hudderfield tie as well, since we're once again not picked for TV, and I assume he would pull in some big numbers again..
In his own way Josh could end up making a very big statement about City and TV coverage, which we've all been grumbling about for a long time on here. Hopefully one the FA can't ignore.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum