Wonderkids (again)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wonderkids (again)

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:29 am

Apparently we have signed 2 wonderkids, one slightly older than the other. Yangel Herrera is a 19 year old Venezuelan, surely destined for a loan. But the real gem may be 15 year old Nabil Touaizi, who could play for Morocco or Spain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Manchester City have made the surprise late signing of midfielder Yangel Herrera on transfer deadline day, according to Atletico Venezuela.
The Venezuelan club's official Twitter account confirmed their 19-year-old player had joined City, although there was no word from the English side.
The announcement came over an hour after the transfer deadline, although clubs had until 1am to complete moves if they had filed the relevant paperwork in time.
Reports in South America suggested Herrera could eventually be sent out New York City or Australia's Melbourne City.

The Manchester club also made a move for Valencia wonderkid Nabil Touaizi on the final day of the transfer window.
The 15-year-old forward has broken scoring records in the club’s under-16s team and both Morocco and Spain want him to play for their international sides.
Crisis club Valencia were unable to persuade him to stay once Txiki Begiristain made City’s offer.
They will receive around 300,000 euros in compensation and the fee will rise to 2m euros if the young striker makes the first team at the Etihad. 
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Wonderkids (again)

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:41 am

Seems like Txiki has an eye for promising youngsters.

Would it be a silly idea to move him to head up the academy and get someone else in to oversee transfers for the first team?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:50 am

Something not right here! That Nabil Touaizi geezer looks awful in the U tube thing for a wonder kid.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:55 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Something not right here! That Nabil Touaizi geezer looks awful in the U tube thing for a wonder kid.

Watched the vid in question, have to wonder why it was even compiled. Why would someone put together a video of a kid ballsing up a load of chances?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:07 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Something not right here! That Nabil Touaizi geezer looks awful in the U tube thing for a wonder kid.

Doesn't look the real deal like Samaris did on youtube then?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 am

nottsblue wrote:Seems like Txiki has an eye for promising youngsters.

Would it be a silly idea to move him to head up the academy and get someone else in to oversee transfers for the first team?

Doesn't he oversee the academy as part of his remit? Genuine question.

I know Mark Allen is the head of academy but I was under the impression that he's answerable to the director of football?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:14 am

patrickblue wrote:

Doesn't look the real deal like Samaris did on youtube then?

Beat me to it :D
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Seems like Txiki has an eye for promising youngsters.

Doesn't he oversee the academy as part of his remit? Genuine question.

I know Mark Allen is the head of academy but I was under the impression that he's answerable to the director of football?

I guess you are right.

He needs to get better at buying for the first team then. Notably in defence
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:31 pm

At least we've brought in somebody.

Windows ain't what they used to be! Long gone the heady days of just missing out on Mido. Or later the dodged bullets of Kaká and Eto'o
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 am

I follow lot of youth football and I genuinely hate it when People make predictions on these 15 year olds. And this isn't directed at this topic but you see that in every club everywhere in the world. I don't think people quite realise what a crapshoot it is to predict about 15 year olds who is going to be good and who is not. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for bringing in absolute best in each age group. Now there is very slim chance, no matter how promising this kid is, he will ever make it. And at the same time in some remote part of the planet, could be in desert or arctic circle or council estate or favela or practically anywhere, there is a 15 year old kid juggling with the ball who hasn't been noticed by football world or even his club who will become one of the best of this age group.

I'm sure we have the best youth scouts in the world but it IS extremely complicated.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Yangel to Huesca on loan. Chilly enough this time of year.

We'll miss him

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2019/01/16/of ... he-season/

21-year-old Herrera was signed by City in 2017 from Atlético Venezuela in his homeland, before immediately being sent to City Football Group sister club New York City FC for two seasons.

The player made a good impression in the Big Apple, enough to attract interest from Ligue 1 side Lyon, but City turned the French club away believing Herrera had the potential to go far.

And Yangel will continue his development in one of Europe’s best leagues, albeit at basement boys Huesca, who are rock bottom of La Liga and 6 points behind 19th placed Villarreal.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:53 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... jduk-split

And another one:

Manchester City have reached an agreement with Hajduk Split to sign the highly rated 18-year-old central midfielder Ante Palaversa for an initial £7m.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 am

Indeed. Hopefully at that price more one for City than for profit

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2019/01/16/fe ... sa-report/
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:13 am

john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:22 am

Pep is bewitched :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva