Aguero, a long goodbye?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero, a long goodbye?

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:54 pm

I think he needs some reassurance. He'll get it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Vantage » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:01 pm

More media shit stirring. We play so many more games so we need real depth across the team not just make weights. If he wants to Kun can see out his deal. He might not start every week but under Pep rotation is inevitable.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Vantage wrote:More media shit stirring. We play so many more games so we need real depth across the team not just make weights. If he wants to Kun can see out his deal. He might not start every week but under Pep rotation is inevitable.

More rotation for Aguero might just mean he doesn't miss a load of games through accumulated injuries, or having to play whilst carrying one.

Less concentrated game time might mean he comes into each game, on top of his game, as it were.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Dimples wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Ha ha ha, don't believe yourself Dimps.

I think Dimps is spot on.
Sergio thinks he is above it all, thinks he's so good he doesn't need to adapt, (which is probably true), but it won't wash with Pep.

What, when we're short of strikers we're going to go from Sergio and Ian to Jesus and Ian?

I'll stay out of this one, a very bizarre run on wanting our star man out.

I think Kun is on the way out, unless he changes. That does not mean I want him out.

Keeping with airport analogies.
6 strikers have been collected from airport arrivals by a club taxi and are on their way into town - giddy with excitement.
1 striker is in a club taxi being driven to airport departures.
If he decides to change so he fits in better with his 6 mates then the taxi will do a U turn, take him into town and reunite him with his 6 mates.
But does he want to change? I think he does not want to change.

Leave it out Beefy, there's only two of us, and I certainly don't want him out either.
I just agree with Dimps in that Peps the boss, and if Kun doesn't play his way, he'll end up not playing at all. We've seen it with Joe, and although Sergio is something else again, I believe it's a similar scenario.
The whole thing hinges on what Dimps asks, does Kun want to change? I'm not too sure he does either.
Don;t paint this as wanting Sergio out, it couldn't be further from the truth.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mike J » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:15 am

I honestly believe Pep is just trying to send a message to Kun to up his game. Everyone knows he is capable. I really might put some money on him to bag 2 or 3 against Bournemouth.

I really hope there are no plans to sell him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:52 am

Mike J wrote:I honestly believe Pep is just trying to send a message to Kun to up his game. Everyone knows he is capable. I really might put some money on him to bag 2 or 3 against Bournemouth.

I really hope there are no plans to sell him.

The club have repeatedly said there are no plans to sell him.

It's the mirror, sly tv and the bbc that are pushing it. That should tell you all you need to know.

A non-story.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bernie » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

I really hope we will keep Kun in the squad, but I have also heard Chelsea are ready to make a huge offer for him. The Blues want Aguero to replace Diego Costa who will leave the Premier League for ... China !
Bernie
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé (RIP)

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:48 am

Bernie wrote:I really hope we will keep Kun in the squad, but I have also heard Chelsea are ready to make a huge offer for him. The Blues want Aguero to replace Diego Costa who will leave the Premier League for ... China !

Where did you hear that? The rag media as they wish to stir the pot?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bernie » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:02 am

sheblue wrote:
Bernie wrote:I really hope we will keep Kun in the squad, but I have also heard Chelsea are ready to make a huge offer for him. The Blues want Aguero to replace Diego Costa who will leave the Premier League for ... China !

I try to be very careful with anything I read on the net, and I think rumour has it that Kun could join any wealthy football club in the world just because he doesn't play every City game. I've read he could join Inter, Juventus or Real Madrid as well !
We know for sure that antonio Conte wants to replace Costa for next season, but we wouldn't have any interest in selling our best striker to one of our fiercest opponent in Premier League. Pep should keep both Aguero and Gabriel Jesus in order to have two world class strikers in the squad. We want to win the Champions League after all !
Bernie
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé (RIP)

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Season after season Sergio gets injured by overplaying. I find it funny that the media are persuading the public that we only need/want one top striker.

Hope Aguero stays and breaks all the records in the prem. Legend.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Bernie wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I try to be very careful with anything I read on the net, and I think rumour has it that Kun could join any wealthy football club in the world just because he doesn't play every City game. I've read he could join Inter, Juventus or Real Madrid as well !
We know for sure that antonio Conte wants to replace Costa for next season, but we wouldn't have any interest in selling our best striker to one of our fiercest opponent in Premier League. Pep should keep both Aguero and Gabriel Jesus in order to have two world class strikers in the squad. We want to win the Champions League after all !

Correct

We need both - its that fuckign obvious.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:52 pm

No way in hell we would sell to Chelsea after they make mega cash off of selling Costa.

I could see us sell to Real Madrid, PSG or Atletico in a partial exchange for Griezmann.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Paraphrasing, but I think Pep has answered it as, Aguero will stay as long as he likes.
My reading of the interview is that If Sergio goes it will be because he wants to not because he is being pushed as the club and manager both want him to stay and become an even better player.

Why the hell would City or Pep even contemplate getting rid of the best striker in the league.

If he goes it will be because he is not willing to be like any other player in the team. Not automatic choice. Will be used as part of a rotational system
that Pep will decide per match.
I think having any three from Sterling/Sane/Jesus/Kun is fabulous and having none of them automatic startters is the way keep them all on their toes.

There is no reason to think Kun won't stay. In truth it takes a lot of the pressure off him as being the only one scoring.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:50 pm

I hope he stays, I have a feeling he will go at the end of the season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Obviously, the media will milk every drop from this, but you have to admit that Agüero's wording is a bit odd.

If he wants to stay and if the club want him to stay and if Pep wants him to stay, what's with the 'last three months' bollocks?

In these last three months that are left I have to help the club and as I say the club will decide if I have a place here or not.

Was there a signal from Pep or somebody else at the club or does Agüero merely construe being benched repeatedly as a signal?
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Dameerto » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:01 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:Obviously, the media will milk every drop from this, but you have to admit that Agüero's wording is a bit odd.

If he wants to stay and if the club want him to stay and if Pep wants him to stay, what's with the 'last three months' bollocks?

In these last three months that are left I have to help the club and as I say the club will decide if I have a place here or not.

Was there a signal from Pep or somebody else at the club or does Agüero merely construe being benched repeatedly as a signal?

Probably not odd within the context of whatever question he was asked - which the media have a habbit of failing to quote. And probably not odd for someone communicating in a foreign language.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Dameerto wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:Obviously, the media will milk every drop from this, but you have to admit that Agüero's wording is a bit odd.

Probably not odd within the context of whatever question he was asked - which the media have a habbit of failing to quote. And probably not odd for someone communicating in a foreign language.

Does he not just mean the last 3 months of the season
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

That's how I read it, but then I'm not a red shite licking media type.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby fangsanalsatan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 am

patrickblue wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

That's how I read it, but then I'm not a red shite licking media type.

Oh right, I am though! Carry on then.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 am

Pep is just trying to point out that ir's ridiculous when the club is in a position that any forward HAS to play. He's trying to put us in the same mindset as Real and Barca.

Plus I think it would be ridiculous to leave us with just one striker.

The assumption that Jesus plays so Aguero is automatically being sold is rather infant school lazy journalism to be honest. I think the only way it would happen is if that fella from Germany who I can't spell comes in.

But then I guess first match it will be:

"Benched Jesus to leave City"
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum