Aguero, a long goodbye?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero, a long goodbye?

Postby Crossie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 pm

Aguero will never play for Real, after his years at Athletico
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:15 pm

25 more goals to be City's all time top scorer, hope he sticks around and does it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Did Pep put this talk to rest today?

Not necessarily - he was hardly going to say 'he's finished', although I appreciate that means he can't win. If Aguero goes, it won't be because we don't need a striker, it'll be because we think we can buy one who'll do even better.

I hope Kun stays for the next few years and is able to continue to provide what we need up front, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see his shirt filled by someone else come August. I think what this season has shown is that there's no such thing as an untouchable anymore and you play the Pep way or he will find someone who does.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dimples » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:06 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Did Pep put this talk to rest today?

Not necessarily - he was hardly going to say 'he's finished', although I appreciate that means he can't win. If Aguero goes, it won't be because we don't need a striker, it'll be because we think we can buy one who'll do even better.

I hope Kun stays for the next few years and is able to continue to provide what we need up front, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see his shirt filled by someone else come August. I think what this season has shown is that there's no such thing as an untouchable anymore and you play the Pep way or he will find someone who does.

Pep says we have 7 strikers.
I say 6 are in arrivals and 1 is in the departure lounge.
The flight is scheduled for this Summer unless Kun changes his ways.
He has shown no inclination of doing this.

Kun is part of our history now.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:06 am

Ha ha ha, don't believe yourself Dimps.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:18 pm

What would be the fair price for him?

Knowing that Higuain was sold with 70-80, a player who is not as good as Serge.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ha ha ha, don't believe yourself Dimps.

I think Dimps is spot on.
Sergio thinks he is above it all, thinks he's so good he doesn't need to adapt, (which is probably true), but it won't wash with Pep.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:55 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Sergio thinks he is above it all, thinks he's so good he doesn't need to adapt, (which is probably true), but it won't wash with Pep.

If Pep has got Yaya playing again, I'm certainly not going to write off Sergio.

Sergio has it all. He just needs to take the kick in the arse he's getting and learn.
He's not too old to adapt and become a better player. The team will benefit and he will score shit loads if he starts to play one touch quicker football.

He could also learn about hunger and movement from the youngster.

Jesus is there on merit. He is making the frontline function much better as a whole.

But don't write Sergio off yet.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

If Pep has got Yaya playing again, I'm certainly not going to write off Sergio.

Sergio has it all. He just needs to take the kick in the arse he's getting and learn.
He's not too old to adapt and become a better player. The team will benefit and he will score shit loads if he starts to play one touch quicker football.

He could also learn about hunger and movement from the youngster.

Jesus is there on merit. He is making the frontline function much better as a whole.

But don't write Sergio off yet.

Even when we signed Jesus, I was still wanting us to get another forward as I was sceptical of how quickly he would be able to acclimatise himself to his new surroundings, how quickly he would fit in with our style of play and how he would cope with the PL.

I was thinking we might only see his true potential next season but, my goodness, I know this is still early days for him but if this is his settling in period, with all its difficulties, I definitely can't wait for next season.

Moreover, the way he's going, this season is becoming not so bad as well.

I just hope that Aguero can re-discover his best form alongside him because, if he can, Chelsea's huge lead at the moment might not seem quite so insurmountable, especially when they start to have an indifferent spell (which might occur in the final run-in if we can put a bit of pressure on them).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Jesus is a young lad and will have a dip in form sooner or later. All young players do.
I think it's imperative for us to have more options when that happens, which is why Agüero should stay.

Jesus can play on the left as well. Sane is good on both the left and right. sterling as at his best on the right, but can also play central or left.

I.E. we can easily rotate and give everyone plenty of game time. That said, Kun does need to put a shift in when he gets to play. The pressing in the first half today was excellent and that's what we need week in and week out.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Jesus isn't necessarily a replacement for Aguero. There is no way Aguero would be sold without a further striker being brought in.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Ffs Aguero was pissing himself laughing on the bench. No doubt the media will say he was 'fuming' about not playing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:Jesus isn't necessarily a replacement for Aguero. There is no way Aguero would be sold without a further striker being brought in.

I was reading somewhere (can't have been anywhere very authoritative) that Chelsea are threatening to outflank Real Madrid's hope of signing Aguero, with a £75 million bid for the striker.

If it's not a load of hot air and there's some mileage in this story, would this be something we ought to consider, should we reject it out of hand or should we hold out for even more money, as Chelsea are awash with more transfer cash than they should have received for some of their players who have gone to pastures greener ??

For myself - and given Sergio's age now - I wonder if it's something we should seriously ponder.

At the end of the day though, it could all be just fabricated garbage the media are serving up.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:38 pm

patrickblue wrote:

What, when we're short of strikers we're going to go from Sergio and Ian to Jesus and Ian?

I'll stay out of this one, a very bizarre run on wanting our star man out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Jesus isn't necessarily a replacement for Aguero. There is no way Aguero would be sold without a further striker being brought in.

I was reading somewhere (can't have been anywhere very authoritative) that Chelsea are threatening to outflank Real Madrid's hope of signing Aguero, with a £75 million bid for the striker.

If it's not a load of hot air and there's some mileage in this story, would this be something we ought to consider, should we reject it out of hand or should we hold out for even more money, as Chelsea are awash with more transfer cash than they should have received for some of their players who have gone to pastures greener ??

For myself - and given Sergio's age now - I wonder if it's something we should seriously ponder.

At the end of the day though, it could all be just fabricated garbage the media are serving up.

Apologies; please disregard.

Just catching up with some unread threads and saw this in the Transfer Rumours section.

Didn't wish to duplicate anything. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Aguero will start against Monaco and score. Of course he can play with Jesus.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:19 pm

"In three years my contract is up, that's why I say I'm happy at the club. In these last three months that are left I have to help the club and as I say the club will decide if I have a place here or not. I want to stay, of course."

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-02-05/ague ... -the-club/

One City source said: “There is no vagueness about our position. We want Sergio to stay.

“Pep has repeatedly said he is an important player for us, and if Sergio is saying it is down to the club, well the club really wants him to stay.

“No-one here wants him to leave, and Pep has been explicit about that.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... o-12560835
Last edited by Tru_Blu on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:24 pm

Aguero showed a real hunger not seen for a while when he came on today his overall play was superb and unlucky not to score , Him and Jesus can deffo play as a "2" upfront no problem if and when required .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

What, when we're short of strikers we're going to go from Sergio and Ian to Jesus and Ian?

I'll stay out of this one, a very bizarre run on wanting our star man out.

I think Kun is on the way out, unless he changes. That does not mean I want him out.

Keeping with airport analogies.
6 strikers have been collected from airport arrivals by a club taxi and are on their way into town - giddy with excitement.
1 striker is in a club taxi being driven to airport departures.
If he decides to change so he fits in better with his 6 mates then the taxi will do a U turn, take him into town and reunite him with his 6 mates.
But does he want to change? I think he does not want to change.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:43 pm

No.

The best striker we have ever had , there was a small glimpse today when he hooked up with Jesus and it nearly created a great chance.

Part of the plan , teams will not know what to do with us.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum