Raheem Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:39 am

How many penalties has he been denied this season already? At least two I think.

What a player.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:51 am

In the Barcerlona game at home last season when we came from 0-1 to 3-1 Sterling was by far the most prominent of our players in taking the game to them when we went behind. He's mentally incredibly strong. And he causes the opposition constant problems whether or not he scores goals. Yes, he's frustrating but he's genuine quality.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:58 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:even his goal on Tuesday night went in off the bar. A goal where he had stopped and set himself, the ball rolled back to him perfectly, 12 yards out, open goal and he thumps it off the underside of the bar.

You're picking at stuff that means absolutely nothing at all. Does it count less if it goes in off the bar or something?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 am

Tap ins, inside of the post and underside of the bar don't really count Tokyo.

Pipe down ffs :roll:
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:23 am

Original Dub wrote:Tap ins, inside of the post and underside of the bar don't really count Tokyo.

Thanks for putting me right on that. I see now the error of my ways.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ruralblue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:42 am

freshie wrote:
sheblue wrote:
freshie wrote:Sergio and Jesus miss sitters but nobody complains about them. I'm sick of it

Nobody complains? Are you sure.
There are loads complaining about everyone.
There's even somestupid cunts giving out about Ederson recently.
Silva even gets it from the thicker variety.
It's all there in writing, plain to see.

Ederson? On this forum? Well in that case the highlighted words say it all

I'm Ederson!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:56 am

ruralblue wrote:
freshie wrote:
sheblue wrote:
freshie wrote:Sergio and Jesus miss sitters but nobody complains about them. I'm sick of it

I'm Ederson!

No, I’m Ederson
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:even his goal on Tuesday night went in off the bar. A goal where he had stopped and set himself, the ball rolled back to him perfectly, 12 yards out, open goal and he thumps it off the underside of the bar.

You're picking at stuff that means absolutely nothing at all. Does it count less if it goes in off the bar or something?

Now is the time for Raz to be the central,decisive player in a game FOR 90 MINUTES.

Step forward young man & take your game to a new level.

1-2 City.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:40 pm

ruralblue wrote:
freshie wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I'm Ederson!

how the scar's doing, Lad?
Hat off to Your value, btw. ;)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
freshie wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I'm Ederson!

No, I’m Ederson

I'm Ederson and so is my wife.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:08 am

mr_nool wrote:I love Raheem, but Hazard got this imitation spot on :D :D :D :

Watch on youtube.com

his ozil impression on saturday was even better!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:45 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Bitter , very Bitter ... but funny :D
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Haha nailed it. Well done sir.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:Tap ins, inside of the post and underside of the bar don't really count Tokyo.

Where did i say that. That other poster only highlighted part of my original post. I gave sterling his credit for getting his chances but he misses some simple chances.

Also, in relation to the ball going in of the underside of the bar, of course it matters because he is millimetres away from missing a simple tap in. although it went in, it was still a poor finish. Guaranteed, he costs us points this season because of his poor finishing or his poor final ball.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:39 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

Where did i say that. That other poster only highlighted part of my original post. I gave sterling his credit for getting his chances but he misses some simple chances.

Also, in relation to the ball going in of the underside of the bar, of course it matters because he is millimetres away from missing a simple tap in. although it went in, it was still a poor finish. Guaranteed, he costs us points this season because of his poor finishing or his poor final ball.

Guaranteed eh? He's +4 at the moment in terms of points won, let's do Sterling Watch.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Firstly, I was referring more to the resident troll than you, but now that you've hit us with such an outstanding post, I'll stick with you.

So it matters if the ball goes in off the bar because it was close to missing?

Also, your "guarantee" is even sillier than the above point - every player will miss chances throughout the season that "could" cost points.

Get real pal.

How many points did KDB cost us last season? Based on your theory...
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Firstly, I was referring more to the resident troll than you, but now that you've hit us with such an outstanding post, I'll stick with you.

Also, your "guarantee" is even sillier than the above point - every player will miss chances throughout the season that "could" cost points.

Get real pal.

It's very simple and quantifiably tangible to say he missed that easy chance or he should have squared for a tap in instead of going for goal etc etc. Sterling offers so much more than that and it just gets glossed over because he is naturally quick.

Opposition full backs are wary of allowing space behind them and often reduce their own attacking threat due to pace of our wide men so they can keep compact and not allow us in behind. Maybe that 2 goals conceded from 7 games is down to our attacking options, first and foremost.

Our midfield maestro's know where our wide men will be instinctively, there is almost a telepathic link because we are so well drilled. Sterling has come on leaps and bounds and will continue to rise under the tutorship of Senor Guardiola.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Get real pal.

It's very simple and quantifiably tangible to say he missed that easy chance or he should have squared for a tap in instead of going for goal etc etc. Sterling offers so much more than that and it just gets glossed over because he is naturally quick.

Opposition full backs are wary of allowing space behind them and often reduce their own attacking threat due to pace of our wide men so they can keep compact and not allow us in behind. Maybe that 2 goals conceded from 7 games is down to our attacking options, first and foremost.

Our midfield maestro's know where our wide men will be instinctively, there is almost a telepathic link because we are so well drilled. Sterling has come on leaps and bounds and will continue to rise under the tutorship of Senor Guardiola.

That's exactly it.

Some of us are watching. I wonder will he ever win POTY. Or, if he wins it by a small margin, will any of our fans say it doesn't count as much because he nearly didn't win it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby BookJunior » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Get real pal.

That's exactly it.

Some of us are watching. I wonder will he ever win POTY. Or, if he wins it by a small margin, will any of our fans say it doesn't count as much because he nearly didn't win it?

Forgive my cynicism, but no chance of that. City players don't win such awards.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Get real pal.

That's exactly it.

What are you talking about now? We all watch city. we all have different opinions on players, i think everyone is entitled to their opinion, you obviously dont. it seems to be agree with your opinion or you're a rag or troll.

what makes your opinion right and everyone who has a different opinion lacks knowledge of football
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum