Raheem Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Mase wrote:Love Sterling. Offered about 5 scouse pricks out in France on a skiing trip when we were playing in the Cup Final last year because they were giving him abuse. Did it then and would do it now for the kid.

Pathetic jealous racist bellends anyone that give him shit.

He's never shagged a 60+ year old brass. He's never beat any of his own team mates up in training. He's never spat at another player on the pitch. He's never shagged a team mate and best mates wife.

Yeah but he buys his pies from Greggs so what is there to like....

I forgot he also bought his mum a house. Heartless bastard!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dazby » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:46 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:Just home from game and not seen any replays. I'm in east stand lower tier and it looked nailed on pen only for sterling to get booked. Was it t a pen? Anyway I'm quite impressed with him this season and I'm glad he's ours!

I've watched it on multiple occasions and I still can't see any contact. But the yellow was very harsh.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby PrezIke » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:57 pm

dazby wrote:
lovecity8utd wrote:Just home from game and not seen any replays. I'm in east stand lower tier and it looked nailed on pen only for sterling to get booked. Was it t a pen? Anyway I'm quite impressed with him this season and I'm glad he's ours!

I've watched it on multiple occasions and I still can't see any contact. But the yellow was very harsh.

No way should he have received a yellow.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:07 pm

PrezIke wrote:
dazby wrote:

No way should he have received a yellow.

Why did he go down?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby littlebig » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:08 pm

He was fked over by this call. Ref interpreted as simulating contact when really he was just trying to get out of way of potential contact. Wrong call
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:12 pm

dazby wrote:

Would you say there was definitely no contact? I've watched it multiple times too and still can't say one way or the other.

I did find it interesting that Sky didn't do their super slo-mo replay of it, passing up an opportunity to create some controversy by labelling Sterling a cheat is unlike them.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
dazby wrote:

Would you say there was definitely no contact? I've watched it multiple times too and still can't say one way or the other.

I did find it interesting that Sky didn't do their super slo-mo replay of it, passing up an opportunity to create some controversy by labelling Sterling a cheat is unlike them.

I'm the same.......just can't work out of he clips him or not. Either way Sterling was trying to get his leg out the way as they were both running towards each other at some speed.

I remember a few years back Tranny at the scum did a similar thing only he jumped over the challenge and there was definitely no contact and got a penalty. The pundits went on to say that because he's running at such speed he cannot keep his balance because of the challenge coming in and even though he wasn't touched its still a pen as he had to take action to get out of the way.

One rule for one club..............
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:34 pm

It's so tight it's hard to tell whether contact was made or not.

The funny thing is, numerous times during a match you'll see the ref play advantage because there was an attempted foul.

So obviously, you don't need to actually take the man down. If the man avoids the illegal challenge, he gets the advantage.

So perhaps we should be looking at the keeper and his movement.

It was a penalty all day long in my book.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:58 pm

It was Raheem Sterling.
Definitely not a penalty. End of story.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Dean made his linesman make the call. He made his mind up its a yellow or a a penalty but looked at his linesman for it. The ball was up the pitch by the time the call was made but Dean didn't follow it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
dazby wrote:

Which knowing Sky's agenda means there was contact and it was a penno. I've only seen one replay, but it looked a stonewaller to me.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:10 am

There didn't seem to be any contact and Sterling seemed to get up straight away and play on. Plus, the Swansea players didn't have a go at Sterling for diving.

The ref and linesman should have just let play continue. They didn't need to involve themselves and didn't need to give a caution.
aaron bond

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:57 am

No one mentioned that Llorente threw himself to the floor late on and Dean clearly waved 'no pen' with his hands - why wasn't he booked?!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby s1ty m » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Mase wrote:No one mentioned that Llorente threw himself to the floor late on and Dean clearly waved 'no pen' with his hands - why wasn't he booked?!!

Absolutely.

Dean is a comedian. A very bad one.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:04 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:No one mentioned that Llorente threw himself to the floor late on and Dean clearly waved 'no pen' with his hands - why wasn't he booked?!!

Absolutely.

Dean is a comedian. A very bad one.

And Jasper Carrot is a shit referee.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Image

There you have it.
As I said, anywhere else on the pitch and even if he jumped or avoided an identical tackle, he would have been given advantage, due to it being illegal.

Stonewall penalty. Just like v Spurs

And the resident numpty was on another thread saying Sterling isn't effective in the box.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Image

There you have it.
As I said, anywhere else on the pitch and even if he jumped or avoided an identical tackle, he would have been given advantage, due to it being illegal.

Stonewall penalty. Just like v Spurs

And the resident numpty was on another thread saying Sterling isn't effective in the box.

Made the point earlier, about Raheem's stats being a bit skewed. This season especially.
You're the right man to ask OD. How many penalties has Sterling NOT been given this year. Think of the assists tally he should have had.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:58 pm

From memory 3 stonewall penalties not given to Sterling alone mate.

Not sure if the winning of a peno is recorded as an assist, but it certainly should be if not.

Aside from that, can you imagine if Jesus hadn't scored that last min goal? The officials would have been directly responsible for taking 4 points away from us in the space of a couple of weeks.

In fact, if you take the most blatant, daylight robberies the officials carried out at home v Spurs and at home v Chelsea alone, we would be four points behind Chelsea in second place.

Two games.

And we're having a crisis apparently.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:From memory 3 stonewall penalties not given to Sterling alone mate.

Not sure if the winning of a peno is recorded as an assist, but it certainly should be if not.

Aside from that, can you imagine if Jesus hadn't scored that last min goal? The officials would have been directly responsible for taking 4 points away from us in the space of a couple of weeks.

In fact, if you take the most blatant, daylight robberies the officials carried out at home v Spurs and at home v Chelsea alone, we would be four points behind Chelsea in second place.

Two games.

And we're having a crisis apparently.

Whether it is recorded or not is irrelevant. The point I was making about Sterling is that he is actually far more effective this season than even we
who supposedly support him, probably give him credit for.
I would be a critic of a lot of his play (one-footedness/finishing etc.) but think his overall effect on the team this year has hugely improved and am very
happy with his contribution. The arrival of Jesus has put a further spring in his step and I believe, same as with Aguero, the competition amongst the four
of them is very healthy and will get the best out of them all.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum