Raheem Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby stupot » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:43 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:Wouldn't sell him unless there was a huge offer, which wont happen in this climate.
He is not at the very top level, hes not a messi, zidane etc we always knew that. If I remember correctly we paid 49m for him, was it money well spent. I think overall it was.

For sure it was money well spent - world class players win CL quarter final ,semi final and final matches and Jesus and Sterling are defiantly Not the players to win you those games .

We only have Aguero and KDB in that bracket - we just have to accept Sterling as he is , he does my fucking head in with his bottling the big chances in big fucking matches but ,after careful consideration, I would not sell him unless we get offered stupid money.

Good job you didn't put world class players win CL last 16 matches as Jesus definitely did that.
Aguero missed the pen at Tottenham in last years QF. Did he bottle it. I recall VAR stopping Sterling putting us through.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:14 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:Wouldn't sell him unless there was a huge offer, which wont happen in this climate.
He is not at the very top level, hes not a messi, zidane etc we always knew that. If I remember correctly we paid 49m for him, was it money well spent. I think overall it was.

For sure it was money well spent - world class players win CL quarter final ,semi final and final matches and Jesus and Sterling are defiantly Not the players to win you those games .

We only have Aguero and KDB in that bracket - we just have to accept Sterling as he is , he does my fucking head in with his bottling the big chances in big fucking matches but ,after careful consideration, I would not sell him unless we get offered stupid money.

Good job you didn't put world class players win CL last 16 matches as Jesus definitely did that.
Aguero missed the pen at Tottenham in last years QF. Did he bottle it. I recall VAR stopping Sterling putting us through.

I recall Sterling missing an open net from 2 yards to get us into the semi final - that’s what I recall .

Let’s not compare Agüero to Jesus ffs ! One is world class and the other isn’t .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:43 pm

I recall that as well. I also recall the stuff from last year.
Your problem is you've got a very selective memory and the fact is Aguero's pen would have got us through last year as would Sterlings disallowed goal.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:13 pm

stupot wrote:I recall that as well. I also recall the stuff from last year.
Your problem is you've got a very selective memory and the fact is Aguero's pen would have got us through last year as would Sterlings disallowed goal.

Christ on a bike !! - here you are comparing Aguero to Sterling !!

One is a fuckign legend who gave City our first Premiership Cup, scoring the most pressurized goal in the history of the fucking game and the other is 'generally' a bottler who will never reach legendary status as long as hes got a hole in his arse.

99% of fans would have Aguero in the side before Sterling...that's for fuckign sure.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm

And I'm one of the 99%.
I'm answering your point about world class players and bottlers and showing it's not quite as black and white as you constantly portray.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm

stupot wrote:And I'm one of the 99%.
I'm answering your point about world class players and bottlers and showing it's not quite as black and white as you constantly portray.

The worst thing that can happen to us is to have Sterling in an ”Aguerooo” moment like in 2012.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:49 pm

we don't need other team fans to rip our players off when we got our own fans doing it for them
as long as they play for the city they are our players and yes I do have a moan about missing goals bad passes and bad goals against us, but I stick up for my players against every other fucker of other teams, some people on here and another site must be JCL as the shit players I have seen play for us down the years.
but I still supported them while they played for city :oops: :oops: :oops:
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:52 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:we don't need other team fans to rip our players off when we got our own fans doing it for them
as long as they play for the city they are our players and yes I do have a moan about missing goals bad passes and bad goals against us, but I stick up for my players against every other fucker of other teams, some people on here and another site must be JCL as the shit players I have seen play for us down the years.

One thing is to support the club and players and one thing is to hide the dirt under the rug.
At the end of the day, we, the supporters suffer, not some fella that has 300k per week that came here because scouse couldn't offer him what he wanted.

You will never see fans taking on Bernie, KDB, Silva or Kompany outside the game thread, because they are different.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:17 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:we don't need other team fans to rip our players off when we got our own fans doing it for them

You can support a player. But a forum is for giving opinions.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:22 pm

PeterParker wrote:

One thing is to support the club and players and one thing is to hide the dirt under the rug.
At the end of the day, we, the supporters suffer, not some fella that has 300k per week that came here because scouse couldn't offer him what he wanted.

You will never see fans taking on Bernie, KDB, Silva or Kompany outside the game thread, because they are different.

The dippers supporting Suarez during the racism saga is hiding dirt under the rug. The rags supporting Giggs after what he did to his brother is hiding dirt under the rug. Defending a player after a bad miss is not hiding dirt under a rug.

As for the bolded part, ffs. Going out of a rigged competition is hardly suffering. Yes I would love us to get the CL monkey off the back and for Silva to walk into the sunset holding the trophy, but get some perspective. Over the last 3 years, we have won 2 league titles, 3 league cups, fa cup. Yes the season ended on a disappointing note but are we really suffering?

And let's not do the media's job for them. Sterling moved to City to win trophies. The scouse have had an improvement since 2015 but let's not forget he left a club which lost 6-1 to Stoke. The media have done a constant hatchet job trying to smear our players as mercenaries. Why a blue would repeat such a talking point is beyond me! Fyi, Sterling signed that 300,000 contract only a couple of years ago, not when he joined.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Why a blue would repeat such a talking point is beyond me! Fyi, Sterling signed that 300,000 contract only a couple of years ago, not when he joined.

Sterling not our players, Sterling. Just sterling. I am talking about Sterling.
I wrote many times that the reason we won so much is that we built the squad on characters.

For me he is not and will never be a player with character.
My opinion.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 pm

PeterParker wrote:Sterling not our players, Sterling. Just sterling. I am talking about Sterling.
I wrote many times that the reason we won so much is that we built the squad on characters.

My opinion.

He may miss chance after chance but saying that he has no character is ridiculous. The fellow has faced and overcome all sorts of difficulties throughout his life. Having his father gunned down when he was young, having the entire dipper media write hit piece after hit piece, been the target of racism and booing at a lot of away grounds and was even attacked physically a couple of years ago. Far more "talented" players would have and have shrunk in such situations. In that Amazon documentary about the centurions, there is a scene after his miss against Burnley, where Pep and one of his coaching staff are talking about how positively Sterling reacted to the miss and took full responsibility for it. He has 100 goals for us and played his role in a lot of our success since he joined. and has always been professional throughout.

He missed chances and sitters, yes. He is not Messi or Pele and has some deficiencies in his game. That does not make him a mercenary, a pace merchant or a player without character or whatever has been written in this thread.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:55 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Sterling not our players, Sterling. Just sterling. I am talking about Sterling.

My opinion.

He may miss chance after chance but saying that he has no character is ridiculous. The fellow has faced and overcome all sorts of difficulties throughout his life. Having his father gunned down when he was young, having the entire dipper media write hit piece after hit piece, been the target of racism and booing at a lot of away grounds and was even attacked physically a couple of years ago. Far more "talented" players would have and have shrunk in such situations. In that Amazon documentary about the centurions, there is a scene after his miss against Burnley, where Pep and one of his coaching staff are talking about how positively Sterling reacted to the miss and took full responsibility for it. He has 100 goals for us and played his role in a lot of our success since he joined. and has always been professional throughout.

He missed chances and sitters, yes. He is not Messi or Pele and has some deficiencies in his game. That does not make him a mercenary, a pace merchant or a player without character or whatever has been written in this thread.

The only thing missing from your post is music from a violin.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

My opinion.

Brilliant idea. Here's one of my favorites:

Watch on youtube.com
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Clowncrete wrote:

My opinion.

Let's agree to disagree.
Time will tell who is right and who is not.

I would love to be wrong and the fucker will show us how good he is at City. At the end is in the best interest of our club.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

My opinion.

Let's agree to disagree.
Time will tell who is right and who is not.

I would love to be wrong and the fucker will show us how good he is at City. At the end is in the best interest of our club.

Fair enough.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

My opinion.

Brilliant idea. Here's one of my favorites:

Watch on youtube.com

Excellent.

On a serious note - I only feel sorry for people that live in the real world,most of which scrape by to make a living, and have far worse issues to deal with than the issues of a 300 k a week footballer.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:22 pm

With some of the comments that Raheem is basically shit then it’s easy to understand why people don’t enter a thread.

Wish I hadn’t bothered.

Enjoy your hating, debate is impossible.

Edit: just flicked back up and seen your post, Carl. Very nice.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote: Enjoy your hating, debate is impossible.

When we had almost two pages of debate.
Salty?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:21 pm

Quote this.

Raheem Sterling will score the winner in the Champions Leage Final 2021.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum