Fit squad means players need to step up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fit squad means players need to step up

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:26 am

So we only have Ilkay who is injured now. This means some players will need to make a big impression on the training ground to get considered for the squad.

Yesterday saw no room for otter, Sagna or kelechi in the squad. Nice problem to have, but there are going to be a few players who are unhappy. Sagna is out of contract at the end of the season but he has been good when called upon. It's a conundrum for Pep. I wonder if we will see them against Huddersfield?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Fit squad means players need to step up

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:So we only have Ilkay who is injured now. This means some players will need to make a big impression on the training ground to get considered for the squad.

Yesterday saw no room for otter, Sagna or kelechi in the squad. Nice problem to have, but there are going to be a few players who are unhappy. Sagna is out of contract at the end of the season but he has been good when called upon. It's a conundrum for Pep. I wonder if we will see them against Huddersfield?

Is Nolito injured? No room at the inn for him either.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:40 am

Nolito hasn't done a lot wrong when he played. Would like to see him getting more time.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:So we only have Ilkay who is injured now. This means some players will need to make a big impression on the training ground to get considered for the squad.

Is Nolito injured? No room at the inn for him either.

Not that I know of. So that's 4 first teamers that can't even get in the match day squad.

I know we are still in 3 comps so a healthy squad will help cope with that.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 am

With age and injuries the defenders don't have much to worry about, but considering Silva, kdb and aguero are cornerstones and sane, Sterling and Jesus are killing it anyone else playing north of yaya needs to sweat a bit now.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:52 am

Don't get Navas on the bench ahead of Nolito. Aside from the fact that Nolito provides more of a goal threat there's their respective contracts to consider, why would you favour someone who's off in the summer when their contract expires over a new signing? Baffled!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Return to The Maine Football forum