***pep's city v monaco official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v monaco official match thread***

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Mase wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:An outstanding game, really! But in my own opinion two things must change: 1) No more booes and whistles during the CL hymn before games, or every ref will support the other squad! 2) Our board needs to tell Pep to be less aggressive with our players - expecially Caballero! - and the officials. Our yesterday performance was something special, I can't wait for my trip to Montecarlo on next 15th March to watch another crazy crazy match! #CTWD

With all due respect mate (you're a decent poster around here) but if the people are paying the money to go to the match and they are the same people that booked flights and hotels for Russia and couldn't get money back for example, why shouldn't they boo?

Had time to spare this afternoon before coming home so myself and my son did the stadium tour. We hadn't done it since January 2012.
Anyway, got the impression that those in the club know that UEFA are a pain. An irritation that we have to put up with. All the sponsorship signs that aren't connected with their sponsors were still blacked out, even down to black tape being put over the flat screen tv logo hanging on the wall of the press room, which isn't one of their sponsors brands.
They completely take over your stadium when they arrive.
You really get the impression that their attitude is; this is our competition and you'll do it our way.
They are nothing more than a corrupt money making organisation. That is all they are concerned about.

They don't like us pointing this out, but as long as we're in it all they can do is try to get us out.

Like Natalie Pike said Last night about the reffing. Is it any wonder we have conspiracy theorists, when you see that.

I'm not big into the booing because of the possible adverse affect on the team and Pep, but if the club see the bias, then maybe, just maybe I would love to see us get to the final booing and then win it to spite them and against everything they throw at us. Give it up then, maybe.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ottamendi - this prick should never be anywhere near our first team , he has got to be the worst shit head defender we have ever had.

Hes a fuckign liability ala Bravo standard.I hate seeing him in our line up.

With Lescott you were guaranteed one serious rick a game, and he got pelters for it. This guy does one every ten minutes.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Re the booing, given everything that has happened to city in this competition we simply cannot stop booing. It's disgusting and needs the negative attention we give it.

When they stop fucking us over we can stop booing. Until then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Does the booing of the CL ditty adversely affect the team? They know why the fans do it and they know that it is done in support of the team. Surely it inspires them; siege mentality, Dunkirk spirit and all that. Granted, Guardiola spoke against it a while back but I don't think he had realised at that time what it is like to be on the wrong side of UEFAlona, having been previously only on the favoured side.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Justified logic wrote:Does the booing of the CL ditty adversely effect the team? They know why the fans do it and they know that it is done in support of the team. Surely it inspires them; siege mentality, Dunkirk spirit and all that. Granted, Guardiola spoke against it a while back but I don't think he had realised at that time what it is like to be on the wrong side of UEFAlona, having been previously only on the favoured side.

Considering this was arguably the best ever fuckign CL game ever played , id say NO it doesn't have an adverse affect on the players.

Pep needs to understand the reason why we boooooooooooooooooo the anthem, is because we continually get fucked over from them , whether it be from their so called Financial fair play or being kept out of supporting our team due to the racist cunts in Russia or by being continually fucked by their inept / corrupt refs.

Im so fucking glad our fans ignored PEPS request for us not to boo.............it must fuckign annoy the shit out of the big wigs in UEFA and that must please all of us.

Long may it continue.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Justified logic wrote:Does the booing of the CL ditty adversely affect the team? They know why the fans do it and they know that it is done in support of the team. Surely it inspires them; siege mentality, Dunkirk spirit and all that. Granted, Guardiola spoke against it a while back but I don't think he had realised at that time what it is like to be on the wrong side of UEFAlona, having been previously only on the favoured side.

That's kind of what I was alluding to.
I think Pep was definitely against it but I got the impression today that the club are very aware of what is going on and what they are dealing with.

If everyone at the club know it, I am starting to believe it could be the turning point another thread was asking about.

Get Pep on board with the siege mentality and we could really be onto something special.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Some stats that I have not seen before

City scored as many goals in one knockout night as Atletico Madrid needed to reach last year's final but, just as pertinently, also conceded as many as Real Madrid did in all seven of the knockout matches that they had to play to win the thing. That is more like the template for victory.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Some stats that I have not seen before

City scored as many goals in one knockout night as Atletico Madrid needed to reach last year's final but, just as pertinently, also conceded as many as Real Madrid did in all seven of the knockout matches that they had to play to win the thing. That is more like the template for victory.

Let's smash that template.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

It's all Greek to me.
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Does the booing of the CL ditty adversely effect the team? They know why the fans do it and they know that it is done in support of the team. Surely it inspires them; siege mentality, Dunkirk spirit and all that. Granted, Guardiola spoke against it a while back but I don't think he had realised at that time what it is like to be on the wrong side of UEFAlona, having been previously only on the favoured side.

Considering this was arguably the best ever fuckign CL game ever played , id say NO it doesn't have an adverse affect on the players.

Pep needs to understand the reason why we boooooooooooooooooo the anthem, is because we continually get fucked over from them , whether it be from their so called Financial fair play or being kept out of supporting our team due to the racist cunts in Russia or by being continually fucked by their inept / corrupt refs.

Im so fucking glad our fans ignored PEPS request for us not to boo.............it must fuckign annoy the shit out of the big wigs in UEFA and that must please all of us.

Long may it continue.

Sorry chaps, as I booed the anthem a dark thought surfaced that it may actually be counterproductive.

The match officials, when they hear our vehement protest, may be determined to exhibit their fairness and incorruptibility by favouring our opponents in key decisions.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:30 am

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Long may it continue.

Sorry chaps, as I booed the anthem a dark thought surfaced that it may actually be counterproductive.

The match officials, when they hear our vehement protest, may be determined to exhibit their fairness and incorruptibility by favouring our opponents in key decisions.

It wouldn't make any difference - EUFA dont like England or the English imo and it wouldn't matter what we do as they will still fuck us over one way or another.

The only chance we ever have of winning this comp is to go flat out and attack attack attack and score more than 1 goal ,as 1 nil up against anyone will result in the ref giving away a pen or sending one of our players off to ensure we go out.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 pm

I know perfectly and agree why our supporters protest against ... UEMAFIA! But City players couldn't pay no more tribute to our protest on every CL game yet! Our manager too looks like he doesn't understand this situation, it's time for me we stop with whistles!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby aaron bond » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm

I've watched the highlights several times since the match. A truly enthralling match. The attacking play from both sides was excellent - going all out for the win. The second leg should be a classic also. Our fifth goal was fantastic. A superb team move. Sane fully deserved his goal after a great performance.

The only downside is that our defence was exposed more than ever. Stones and Otamendi are two truly shite defenders. Valencia and Everton must have been laughing when we submitted our offers for them both. Stones completely lost his man for the second goal and then Otamendi didn't even bother to try and get back. Then Falcao made Stones his bitch for the third goal. We need a huge revamp of the defence in the summer.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:I know perfectly and agree why our supporters protest against ... UEMAFIA! But City players couldn't pay no more tribute to our protest on every CL game yet! Our manager too looks like he doesn't understand this situation, it's time for me we stop with whistles!

Dont agree - I hope we fuckign boo it to its fuckign corrupt foundation.......and then win it !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Renato_CTID » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Renato_CTID wrote:I know perfectly and agree why our supporters protest against ... UEMAFIA! But City players couldn't pay no more tribute to our protest on every CL game yet! Our manager too looks like he doesn't understand this situation, it's time for me we stop with whistles!

Dont agree - I hope we fuckign boo it to its fuckign corrupt foundation.......and then win it !!

:D :D :D So Don Quixote is a true Blue Mancunian like me and you, mate! #CTWD
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Justified logic wrote:

It's all Greek to me.

It might be all down to your Spartan diet JL :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

It's all Greek to me.

It might be all down to your Spartan diet JL :roll:

Aye. So different from when everything came on a silver platter.
Justified logic

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum