*** city v huddersfield official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v huddersfield offical match thread ***

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Linear really getting behind Sterling. Fair play to him

I like him. I always think Linear is dead straight down the line.

Nice

Refreshing to see a presenter with no angle regarding City.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby freshie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 am

Mase wrote:Kolarov not even on the bench? Absolute joke.

He's injured. Apparently has a rectal prolapse caused by a City fan.....
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:03 am

Mase wrote:Who would you let die first of Shearer and Quinn were both hanging off a cliff?

Quinn. No doubt. We paid the fucker's wages for how many seasons? Shearer has no link to us so I wouldn't expect him to say anything positive about us

On the plus side it was good to have Sinclair there. Proper blue
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:40 am

that has to have been Kevin's worst match in a City shirt. dreadful.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 am

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:Kolarov not even on the bench? Absolute joke.

He's injured. Apparently has a rectal prolapse caused by a City fan.....

Every holes a goal and all that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:11 am

phips wrote:that has to have been Kevin's worst match in a City shirt. dreadful.

You watched the match and thats all you took from it?

But the answer to your question is no. He worked hard, played some great passes and in the real world should of had an assist and sending off for the pen that wasnt given. He may not have been the best player there today but he was influential, always having us on the front foot, created a few opportunities too, helped Garcia beside him.

Off top of my head he was far worse home to liverpool last year and away to Everton this year.

No one was dreadful by anyones standards last night.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:22 am

Dubciteh wrote:
phips wrote:that has to have been Kevin's worst match in a City shirt. dreadful.

You watched the match and thats all you took from it?

But the answer to your question is no. He worked hard, played some great passes and in the real world should of had an assist and sending off for the pen that wasnt given. He may not have been the best player there today but he was influential, always having us on the front foot, created a few opportunities too, helped Garcia beside him.

Off top of my head he was far worse home to liverpool last year and away to Everton this year.

No one was dreadful by anyones standards last night.

He was very sloppy last night, especially int the second half. He lost the ball in some very dangerous positions and we could have been punished if the Huddersfield players had done their job. When he's playing in that deeper role, he needs to use his judgement better and not always play on the margin. That sort of risk taking is OK further up the pitch, but has to be limited in his new role.

What I did really like - just like you point out - is that he seemed to put an arm around Garcias shoulder and helped him out immensely. He was always available and provided him with an extra passing option.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:40 am

Bravo was shit again.....no matter what PeP says...he saved one shot with his legs as the ball was hit right at him.

I hope to fuck he doesn't play anymore.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:49 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Bravo was shit again.....no matter what PeP says...he saved one shot with his legs as the ball was hit right at him.

the way he gathered the ball with one hand after he'd made that 'save' made me wonder if he's ever had any goalkeeping coaching. he is fucking shite.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:59 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Bravo was shit again.....no matter what PeP says...he saved one shot with his legs as the ball was hit right at him.

the way he gathered the ball with one hand after he'd made that 'save' made me wonder if he's ever had any goalkeeping coaching. he is fucking shite.

We will have some games coming up whereby we might only score 1 goal.......with him in goal that means it will be 1 -1 or we end up fuckign losing.

The fans aren't stupid PeP....we know when we have a cabbage in goal, we can see it with our own eyes.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Are/were you a keeper then NT? Why is the word save in inverted commas?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:46 am

I'll be honest lads, I'm very uncomfortable with all this shit bravo is getting. Yes, he's a bit shit. But for fucks sake, the entire stadium taking the piss out of him last night? Have we forgotten what we did to Edghill?

He plays for us. Shit or not we should be getting behind him. I'm not easy at all with us publicly mocking one of our own and people really need to have a good think about what they hope to achieve from actions like last night.

I felt quite angry for pep when he gave his interview last night. He must be thinking what the fuck he's walked into when we all fuck off home early to beat the traffic, and now leave our own players hanging out to dry in public.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:16 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I'll be honest lads, I'm very uncomfortable with all this shit bravo is getting. Yes, he's a bit shit. But for fucks sake, the entire stadium taking the piss out of him last night? Have we forgotten what we did to Edghill?

He plays for us. Shit or not we should be getting behind him. I'm not easy at all with us publicly mocking one of our own and people really need to have a good think about what they hope to achieve from actions like last night.

I felt quite angry for pep when he gave his interview last night. He must be thinking what the fuck he's walked into when we all fuck off home early to beat the traffic, and now leave our own players hanging out to dry in public.

Spot on
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:17 pm

It is very very embarrassing watching the stadium empty when the team has put on a show.

He is absolutely disgusted with it, which was evident when he brought it up before.And so he should be. It's pathetic. The problem is, it's such a touchy subject and whenever it's brought up on here, you have several cunts giving it the "You pay your money you can do what you want" bullshit.
Or the other option of attacking the likes of me who doesn't live there and can't go every week. In fact, attack everything BUT the thing that really needs attacking.

12th man indeed. Sickening
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:I'll be honest lads, I'm very uncomfortable with all this shit bravo is getting. Yes, he's a bit shit. But for fucks sake, the entire stadium taking the piss out of him last night? Have we forgotten what we did to Edghill?

Spot on

Although he looks proper shit I cant help but think there is a real keeper in there somewhere. Might be too late to see him though. :?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Woodyblue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:It is very very embarrassing watching the stadium empty when the team has put on a show.

He is absolutely disgusted with it, which was evident when he brought it up before.And so he should be. It's pathetic. The problem is, it's such a touchy subject and whenever it's brought up on here, you have several cunts giving it the "You pay your money you can do what you want" bullshit.
Or the other option of attacking the likes of me who doesn't live there and can't go every week. In fact, attack everything BUT the thing that really needs attacking.

So very true. The Club however needs to address the problem. They have spent millions on the general locale but not really done a great deal with the road networks that surround the ground.
A while ago on here I had a pop at someone who said they left fifteen minutes early.
He then stated it meant he got home an hour and a half earlier compared to leaving at the final whistle.
I don't know how it can be resolved but I'm sure it can, doesn't seem to be a problem at other venues.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby patrickblue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It is very very embarrassing watching the stadium empty when the team has put on a show.

So very true. The Club however needs to address the problem. They have spent millions on the general locale but not really done a great deal with the road networks that surround the ground.
A while ago on here I had a pop at someone who said they left fifteen minutes early.
He then stated it meant he got home an hour and a half earlier compared to leaving at the final whistle.
I don't know how it can be resolved but I'm sure it can, doesn't seem to be a problem at other venues.

I agree totally, it's a disgrace. I've given up talking about it on here because as Dub says, all you ever get is "You pay your money you can do what you want" bullshit.
But I don't agree with it not being a problem at other venues, it happens at most grounds, the media just don't keep pointing it out everywhere else.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Woodyblue wrote:

I would guess that person is either telling porkies or parks in a stupid place that's hard to get away from. It's easy to find somewhere sensible to park if you are prepared to walk a little bit.

Pesonally I thought the crowd was ok last night. OK it was an FA cup game but it really wasn't much of a draw. Far too much is made of the size of crowds. Obviously by the scum ( who regularly lie about their numbers) but also obviously by the media in all it's forms.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:

I would guess that person is either telling porkies or parks in a stupid place that's hard to get away from. It's easy to find somewhere sensible to park if you are prepared to walk a little bit.

Pesonally I thought the crowd was ok last night. OK it was an FA cup game but it really wasn't much of a draw. Far too much is made of the size of crowds. Obviously by the scum ( who regularly lie about their numbers) but also obviously by the media in all it's forms.

Spot on Doug. I always stay til the final whistle and never get stuck in traffic. Probably cos most of the fuckers have left early ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:10 pm

freshie wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:

Spot on Doug. I always stay til the final whistle and never get stuck in traffic. Probably cos most of the fuckers have left early ;)

I left as the whistle blew last night and hurried to get the metrolink. People had been pouring out with 10 minutes to go and there were hordes in front of me , most of whom must have missed Kelechi's goal, but i was on the met in quite quick time and home in less than an hour. Normally I have been in a car and would get home roughly the same time because I am not loony enough to park close to the ground.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum