*** city v huddersfield official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v huddersfield offical match thread ***

Postby Dub City » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:It is very very embarrassing watching the stadium empty when the team has put on a show.

He is absolutely disgusted with it, which was evident when he brought it up before.And so he should be. It's pathetic. The problem is, it's such a touchy subject and whenever it's brought up on here, you have several cunts giving it the "You pay your money you can do what you want" bullshit.
Or the other option of attacking the likes of me who doesn't live there and can't go every week. In fact, attack everything BUT the thing that really needs attacking.

12th man indeed. Sickening

How many of them missed that winner against Swansea, that's what you go to games for moments like that. Fair enough I have usually a couple hours after full time for my flight home so I don't benefit from leaving early but its usually around 82 mins be it early, evening or night time kick off that people start leaving, personally I don't get it, if cant get full 90 mins in I would rather watch full game on tv than 82 mins and have to miss the end.

What bothers me a lot more is those always late in, don't mean games with security but late in, out on 40 mins, back in at 50 mins then off early. Must miss 15% of the game.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Dub City wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It is very very embarrassing watching the stadium empty when the team has put on a show.

He is absolutely disgusted with it, which was evident when he brought it up before.And so he should be. It's pathetic. The problem is, it's such a touchy subject and whenever it's brought up on here, you have several cunts giving it the "You pay your money you can do what you want" bullshit.
Or the other option of attacking the likes of me who doesn't live there and can't go every week. In fact, attack everything BUT the thing that really needs attacking.

How many of them missed that winner against Swansea, that's what you go to games for moments like that. Fair enough I have usually a couple hours after full time for my flight home so I don't benefit from leaving early but its usually around 82 mins be it early, evening or night time kick off that people start leaving, personally I don't get it, if cant get full 90 mins in I would rather watch full game on tv than 82 mins and have to miss the end.

What bothers me a lot more is those always late in, don't mean games with security but late in, out on 40 mins, back in at 50 mins then off early. Must miss 15% of the game.

It is amazing how many folk miss large slices of the game as you say. Each to their own I suppose but I have never understood the idea of going to a match and not watching chunks of it. In late,oops forgot to go to the loo, must get a pie, back late for 2nd half, damn it loo again and then leave after 80 minutes. Funny stuff
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:22 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
phips wrote:that has to have been Kevin's worst match in a City shirt. dreadful.

You watched the match and thats all you took from it?

But the answer to your question is no. He worked hard, played some great passes and in the real world should of had an assist and sending off for the pen that wasnt given. He may not have been the best player there today but he was influential, always having us on the front foot, created a few opportunities too, helped Garcia beside him.

Off top of my head he was far worse home to liverpool last year and away to Everton this year.

No one was dreadful by anyones standards last night.

He was very sloppy last night, especially int the second half. He lost the ball in some very dangerous positions and we could have been punished if the Huddersfield players had done their job. When he's playing in that deeper role, he needs to use his judgement better and not always play on the margin. That sort of risk taking is OK further up the pitch, but has to be limited in his new role.

he misplaced almost every single "non standard" forward pass, except for the one to Raheem for the opener. he gave away the ball an unbelievable amount of times for a player of his quality and most of his through-balls were terribly underhit. he also got knocked of the ball and gave up possession a lot.

yes, he prob shouldve won the pen (and i dont think under the triple punishment that would be a sending off too) but, at the same time, he shouldve smashed that into the goal. no idea why he's trying to square that.

i was watching him almost exclusively when we had the ball because I've been acutely aware of his "slump" over the last month (or more) and was hoping to see him play well vs. a Championship side and get back into his groove. instead, he played the worst match I've seen from him at City.

and no, thats not the only thing i took from it. it's the only thing i felt like sharing. quit tying to start something.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Dub City wrote:

I'm the same. Two or three games a year so can't preach to those going every week. I stay until the end because I'm going to sample the atmosphere after.
let the crowd go and get back into town at my leisure. Flight next day usually.
However that's a big financial outlay for me.
Those that say they've paid their money and will come and go as they please annoy me a little.
I know it is a generalisation and doesn't apply to all, but everyone has paid their money for the event and people coming in late and getting a whole row up in the middle of the action are a pain in the arse.
The same 5 minutes before half time and 5 minutes after the break and again the mass exodus at the end. The rest of us deserve to enjoy the game without that disruption. It ruins whatever atmosphere is generating and whatever your excuse, it is a malaise that we could do without.

You wouldn't get away with it at a concert, or the cinema, a show or any other event you pay money for.
Everyone who has paid their money should have the courtesy of not having their enjoyment ruined.

Just my tuppence worth.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:33 pm

phips wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
phips wrote:that has to have been Kevin's worst match in a City shirt. dreadful.

But the answer to your question is no. He worked hard, played some great passes and in the real world should of had an assist and sending off for the pen that wasnt given. He may not have been the best player there today but he was influential, always having us on the front foot, created a few opportunities too, helped Garcia beside him.

Off top of my head he was far worse home to liverpool last year and away to Everton this year.

He was very sloppy last night, especially int the second half. He lost the ball in some very dangerous positions and we could have been punished if the Huddersfield players had done their job. When he's playing in that deeper role, he needs to use his judgement better and not always play on the margin. That sort of risk taking is OK further up the pitch, but has to be limited in his new role.

he misplaced almost every single "non standard" forward pass, except for the one to Raheem for the opener. he gave away the ball an unbelievable amount of times for a player of his quality and most of his through-balls were terribly underhit. he also got knocked of the ball and gave up possession a lot.

yes, he prob shouldve won the pen (and i dont think under the triple punishment that would be a sending off too) but, at the same time, he shouldve smashed that into the goal. no idea why he's trying to square that.

i was watching him almost exclusively when we had the ball because I've been acutely aware of his "slump" over the last month (or more) and was hoping to see him play well vs. a Championship side and get back into his groove. instead, he played the worst match I've seen from him at City.

and no, thats not the only thing i took from it. it's the only thing i felt like sharing. quit tying to start something.

Who the fuck is trying to start something? Or are you quoting the wrong poster?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby patrickblue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dub City wrote:

I'm the same. Two or three games a year so can't preach to those going every week. I stay until the end because I'm going to sample the atmosphere after.
let the crowd go and get back into town at my leisure. Flight next day usually.
However that's a big financial outlay for me.
Those that say they've paid their money and will come and go as they please annoy me a little.
I know it is a generalisation and doesn't apply to all, but everyone has paid their money for the event and people coming in late and getting a whole row up in the middle of the action are a pain in the arse.
The same 5 minutes before half time and 5 minutes after the break and again the mass exodus at the end. The rest of us deserve to enjoy the game without that disruption. It ruins whatever atmosphere is generating and whatever your excuse, it is a malaise that we could do without.

You wouldn't get away with it at a concert, or the cinema, a show or any other event you pay money for.
Everyone who has paid their money should have the courtesy of not having their enjoyment ruined.

Just my tuppence worth.

Agreed, does my head in. I think I was near enough the only one in my row who saw Komps headed goal against the rags a couple of years back.
Obviously getting a pie was more important than winning the league or beating the scum.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:39 pm

phips wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Slump over the last month??!! His form has improved considerably over the last month. Granted last night was not his best showing but he's been back to near his best recently following something of a slump pre Christmas.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:43 pm

The troll strikes again.

Stop quoting him FFS, he's trying to provoke AGAIN, like he does in every single post. He hasn't a fucking breeze - look at the tripe he posted. The cunt can't see that KDB is playing a different role recently. Instead his statometre is telling him that he's having a month long slump.

Please stop quoting him. He's an obnoxious plastic cunt.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:00 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:I'll be honest lads, I'm very uncomfortable with all this shit bravo is getting. Yes, he's a bit shit. But for fucks sake, the entire stadium taking the piss out of him last night? Have we forgotten what we did to Edghill?

He plays for us. Shit or not we should be getting behind him. I'm not easy at all with us publicly mocking one of our own and people really need to have a good think about what they hope to achieve from actions like last night.

I felt quite angry for pep when he gave his interview last night. He must be thinking what the fuck he's walked into when we all fuck off home early to beat the traffic, and now leave our own players hanging out to dry in public.

Spot on

Although he looks proper shit I cant help but think there is a real keeper in there somewhere. Might be too late to see him though. :?

Pep wanted him - he clearly wanted him for a reason (same way he wanted Jesus and Sane). I think it's too late now though, bad form taking the pee out of him, what's that supposed to achieve? Another goal for the opposition?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: *** city v huddersfield official match thread ***

Postby PrezIke » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Very pleased with the team's response to going one down and all of the non-hand ball calls. Loved seeing Sane put three fingers up to the ref.

We look like a very dangerous team right now. 10 goals in the last two games. When we sort out the defence...watch out.

Sterling and Sane have seemed to have transformed our attack into the level of lethal. Sterling with 9 goals and 13 assists in all competitions and Sane with 5 goals and 1 assist in the 8 games he has started since he has come into form/displaced Nolito.

It seems that whoever plays in the middle now is going to thrive, yet Aguero has upped his overall game as well. His celebration for Zaba's goal was great to see. How can we let him go if he keeps playing like this? Problem is fitting Jesus and Kun in with Sterling and Sane. Our wide players are getting better by the game, and one wonders if Jesus's development would be hurt not playing most games. Not sure how Pep will sort that one out.

Meanwhile I am looking forward to seeing where we go with this team the rest of the season even if we seem like we are prone to leaking goals. If anyone tries to go mono y mono as Monaco or Huddersfield have we can see what will happen. Fully expecting a parked bus against Sunderland on Saturday, which seemed likely anyway, so will be an interesting test to see how our new attack looks against one.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: *** city v huddersfield official match thread ***

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:59 pm

PrezIke wrote:Very pleased with the team's response to going one down and all of the non-hand ball calls. Loved seeing Sane put three fingers up to the ref.

We look like a very dangerous team right now. 10 goals in the last two games. When we sort out the defence...watch out.

Sterling and Sane have seemed to have transformed our attack into the level of lethal. Sterling with 9 goals and 13 assists in all competitions and Sane with 5 goals and 1 assist in the 8 games he has started since he has come into form/displaced Nolito.

It seems that whoever plays in the middle now is going to thrive, yet Aguero has upped his overall game as well. His celebration for Zaba's goal was great to see. How can we let him go if he keeps playing like this? Problem is fitting Jesus and Kun in with Sterling and Sane. Our wide players are getting better by the game, and one wonders if Jesus's development would be hurt not playing most games. Not sure how Pep will sort that one out.

Meanwhile I am looking forward to seeing where we go with this team the rest of the season even if we seem like we are prone to leaking goals. If anyone tries to go mono y mono as Monaco or Huddersfield have we can see what will happen. Fully expecting a parked bus against Sunderland on Saturday, which seemed likely anyway, so will be an interesting test to see how our new attack looks against one.

Sunderland don't do parked buses they aren't good enough defensively to do it . Our next two PL games next sunday and Wednesday are pivotal , 2 wins and 6 pts could see us close the gap on Chelsea who have a tough game away at West Ham at the weekend and the gap could possibly be just 5 pts ! :o
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:23 pm

mr_nool wrote:Who the fuck is trying to start something? Or are you quoting the wrong poster?

not you nool. you're always a level-headed poster. i was referring to dubciteh. quoted you in because your perspective on Kevin was a good one.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus